Worst Morrissey song

I'm not being deliberately contrary, but I love all those tracks.
Sometimes you can start off not liking a particular song because of the music itself, or melodies, or whatever, but sometimes, if you listen, the actual words can influence your thinking. I find that a lot with Morrissey. His words are, in the main, very powerful, & that's what I, & many people, love about him.
Case in point, Papa Jack.
Beautiful lyrics & song.
A good point, well made. I agree.

What do people think the worst song Morrissey has recorded is?
But surely now it has to be 'The Secret Of Music' from the last album? Pure shit.
just because you’re upset that trump lost

doesn’t mean you should take it out on Morrissey

Sweety pie..... can’t finish that song. While in general Morrissey stands way above the rest, that song does not.

Keep up the positive vibe. This place should celebrate Morrissey. Unfortunately, it so often does not.
Should it? Says who? And you've written that on a thread entitled "Morrissey's Worst Song." Very celebratory.

His worst ever songs:
World Peace...
Kiss me a lot
Kick the bride...
The girl from...
When you open...
Who will protect us...

These are in a league of their own. Nothing he has recorded before or since has been even remotely close to the shiteness of these six songs. Certainly nothing before any of these.

Morrissey rarely releases a duff track, however Kiss me a Lot, World Peace and Throwing My Arms are all cringe worthy and I almost forgot, Sweetie Pie

What do people think the worst song Morrissey has recorded is?

For a long time it was probably 'Asian Rut', but at least that had the fact it annoyed people going for it, so that was a plus.

But surely now it has to be 'The Secret Of Music' from the last album? Pure shit.
I like The Secret of Music.

I don’t much like:

Papa Jack
He Cried
You Know I Couldn’t Last
I Bury the Living
The Kid’s A Looker
I’m Not a Man

I like The Secret of Music.

I don’t much like:

Papa Jack
He Cried
You Know I Couldn’t Last
I Bury the Living
The Kid’s A Looker
I’m Not a Man
Fair enough, seems TSOM is more popular than I thought. That's fair, I accept all reasonable views.👍

A bit like yourself - oh no, wait I forgot - you're one of the 'regulars' aren't you😂
I'm fascinated just how upset you are with the word 'regulars.' To me it speaks to the fact that you have a terrible fear of rejection and of not fitting in or being accepted. It would go some way to explain your behaviour since you arrived here.

While there have been a few clunkers released since 2014, I stand behind some of my posts over the last 6.5 years and say “Kick The Bride Down the Aisle” remains his worst-ever song.

A few years ago (just after World Peace, I think) we assessed every song Steve had ever sung. Tens of thousands of votes cast.
The very worst? Kid's A Looker. Second worst? People Are The Same Everywhere.
Amazing that they both came from the same radio session. A spectacular nadir in a 30 year career!

A few years ago (just after World Peace, I think) we assessed every song Steve had ever sung. Tens of thousands of votes cast.
The very worst? Kid's A Looker. Second worst? People Are The Same Everywhere.
Amazing that they both came from the same radio session. A spectacular nadir in a 30 year career!
Not a very accurate poll. While there was many votes cast for songs like There Is A Light That Never Goes Out to find its rating there was only a handful of votes cast for People Are The Same Everywhere and The Kid’s A Looker to find their rating. People were probably getting bored of the polls and mainly the haters responded to poll for PATSE and TKAL.

“Shame is the Name” is one of my least fave songs from anyone! “The Kid’s a Looker” is also abysmal.

• This is Not Your Country
  • That's How People Grow Up
  • I Bury the Living (but I love it from "Funny how the war goes on...")
  • Who Will Protect Us From the Police?

Everything else I love, like or, at the very least, don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom