WWWY line and waiting for the set

As I will assume, some Moz fans will go a day prior to be in front correct? considering there will be no overlapping sets !!! w/ that being said, assuming Morrissey will play last, how can I survive 13 sets while on the railings.... thank u for the advice in advance, I am a novice after all.

According to the event page, there are 15 acts before Morrissey, so you have even more to hold on for. You really have two options - queue for 24 hours in advance, then cling to the barrier like a barnacle for all 15 sets, and take a bottle with you to piss in. The alternative would be to make some friends amongst your fellow Moz-queuing maniacs on the barrier, and ask them to hold your spot during some of the lower tier bands no-one cares about, so you can cover each other for toilet breaks. But obviously, once you leave the barrier, there's no guarantee you can get back again.

Personally - and as someone who has previously queued for 24 hours + for the barrier, I'm not sure it's worth the effort at festivals. Even if you get to the barrier, he's still going to be miles away from you, and probably playing a truncated festival set.

According to the event page, there are 15 acts before Morrissey, so you have even more to hold on for. You really have two options - queue for 24 hours in advance, then cling to the barrier like a barnacle for all 15 sets, and take a bottle with you to piss in. The alternative would be to make some friends amongst your fellow Moz-queuing maniacs on the barrier, and ask them to hold your spot during some of the lower tier bands no-one cares about, so you can cover each other for toilet breaks. But obviously, once you leave the barrier, there's no guarantee you can get back again.

Personally - and as someone who has previously queued for 24 hours + for the barrier, I'm not sure it's worth the effort at festivals. Even if you get to the barrier, he's still going to be miles away from you, and probably playing a truncated festival set.

hmmm seems like a challenge.... I am interested in learning about your feelings on being surrounded by hundreds who expect pure smith songs (particularly at festivals) and then watching them awkwardly nod for the rest of the set. I am not judging, because I am sure I will look like that for the 15 sets prior, but just observations from youtube videos. Would really love to see him by himself at a venue (i have 3 times before) but fingers crossed, I might be going to the San Antonia show (mostly likely not), and my heart crossed, he adds more California shows!

I assume Morrissey is last performer, does anyone know what time he goes on? Also, I bought a VIP passes, does anyone know what that gets you?

hmmm seems like a challenge.... I am interested in learning about your feelings on being surrounded by hundreds who expect pure smith songs (particularly at festivals) and then watching them awkwardly nod for the rest of the set. I am not judging, because I am sure I will look like that for the 15 sets prior, but just observations from youtube videos. Would really love to see him by himself at a venue (i have 3 times before) but fingers crossed, I might be going to the San Antonia show (mostly likely not), and my heart crossed, he adds more California shows!

I don't think the majority will be expecting pure smiths songs but who knows. I don't know about being there all day but I'd get there by al least alkaline trios set. Just looked at the lineup for Saturday and I'm afraid you're in for bleak wait if you do sit all day especially if you're not a fan of the genre. Most of the, in my opinion, better bands are playing Sunday. Get up kids and alkaline trio are bands I could see morrissey fans enjoying as they both feature emotive catchy songs with some clever wordplay but you're gonna have to sit through the afi and stuff like senses fail sets and that's gonna be torture. I like davey and he's a big fan, he's the singer (was photographed at a recent morrissey show) hate jade the guitar player, but they're music hasn't been very good for a while now and they're likely to have a lot of fans there

Who plans to queue a day prior and what time will y'all be arriving ?!

Who plans to queue a day prior and what time will y'all be arriving ?!

I plan to queue a day prior !! I am not sure about the time either !! I have been wondering what time everyone else is going to, as well. lol

As I will assume, some Moz fans will go a day prior to be in front correct? considering there will be no overlapping sets !!! w/ that being said, assuming Morrissey will play last, how can I survive 13 sets while on the railings.... thank u for the advice in advance, I am a novice after all.

WILL anyone be queueing ??? also, will you stay on the railings the whole day? or try to work your way up as the time goes on???

Tags
line morrissey morrisseyline morrisseytour morrisseytour2017 tour wwwy
Back
Top Bottom