X-mas day death of George Michael - '83 video of George & Morrissey on talk show together

I found this video of George Michael & Morrissey on British talk show, 8 Days a Week, critiquing Everything But The Girl's new album; the movie Break Dancing; a book on Joy Division; and 50's do-wop record reissues.. #GeorgeMichaelRIP

thirty years ago if you had a poll who would die first,prince,george Michael or Morrissey I guarantee most people would have said Morrissey because of his fascination with death and his maudlin view on life.big man is looking strong fit amd healthy and may it continue for many years to come.

Yeap. But fascination with death is a part of Mozza's personality, which doesn't imply he had ever wanted to die (especially these days - maybe he had these kind of thoughts during adolescence period?), don't you think? Death is a matter for all of us, so why don't be interested about it? We can't avoid it, we can't deny it, we are just too afraid about. I found this feature quite interesting and unique in pop world even if it's just a part of his public image.

I found this video of George Michael & Morrissey on British talk show, 8 Days a Week, critiquing Everything But The Girl's new album; the movie Break Dancing; a book on Joy Division; and 50's do-wop record reissues.. #GeorgeMichaelRIP

Morrissey and George Michael (r.i.p.) discussing the movie "breakin" is classic!
Wonder if they would have taken kinder to "breakin 2 : electric bugaloo"
listening to George Michael on spotify. Man, he could sing and had some major hits.
#rip :cry::sweat::coldsweat:

I reckon Morrissey is loving life right now and does not want to die and is doing everything to keep himself healthy. The Brit depression and fascination with death was what sold records during The Smiths.

That Morrissey was the bomb . Much better than the late 90s/ 2000s one .
I wouldn't say Morrissey is loving life, just accepting it. Isn't he still on loads of anti depressants?

I didn't even know George Michael had died until I saw this story on Moz Solo. Sad to hear this. He gave huge amounts of money to charity down through the years and never told anyone about it. Sounds like a good guy.

I reckon Morrissey is loving life right now and does not want to die and is doing everything to keep himself healthy. The Brit depression and fascination with death was what sold records during The Smiths.
I think it was more of an obsession with great music and lyrics that actually meant something. Unlike anything coming from the US at that time. The UK is unsurpassed for music and comedy.

I didn't even know George Michael had died until I saw this story on Moz Solo. Sad to hear this. He gave huge amounts of money to charity down through the years and never told anyone about it. Sounds like a good guy.

Agree. Quite rare type of behavior in celebrities world. But he always had bad reputation because of scandals and big press interests in his sex life. In some circles he was introduced almost as a symbol of depravation, and seems that happened just because he liked guys and parties.

Such sad news.I was so sorry to hear about his passing.My heart goes out to his family and friends.

There's a funny story about Morrissey being typically opinionated about Ian Curtis in the Hacienda. Their manager, Rob Gretton - who was a big forceful guy and a bully - tells Morrissey you@re jealous of Ian Curtis because he had the guts to commit suicide, and you haven't. This must have struck a nerve with Morrissey because he gets up and runs of the club, inconsolably, crying and wailing with his hands flailing ...

I think it was more of an obsession with great music and lyrics that actually meant something. Unlike anything coming from the US at that time. The UK is unsurpassed for music and comedy.

"The U.K. Is unsurpassed for music and comedy." Really? Unsurpassed? Have you watched any comedies outside the U.K.? Music? Probably not.

Morrissey interview from 1987:

Don't you worry you'll end up 55 and all alone?
Yes, but it seems unavoidable really. It seems totally unavoidable.

George Michael said when "I Want Your Sex" was out...
I heard that quite recently in the car. I wasn't deeply impressed, no. I thought it sounded like Ponce. I mean, Prince.

...he said he thought you were a complete fibber about not having sex and that if you weren't he felt very sorry for you.
And when he said that did he laugh or did he have a straight face? I don't know how to answer that really. What can I say? How does George Michael know - he's only ever met me once. If he feels sorry for me, he does. I think he probably has a bit more fun than I do, put it that way. I'm not George Michael, to begin with. I'm not George Michael at all! If he can live that way (shrugs)...

There's a funny story about Morrissey being typically opinionated about Ian Curtis in the Hacienda. Their manager, Rob Gretton - who was a big forceful guy and a bully - tells Morrissey you@re jealous of Ian Curtis because he had the guts to commit suicide, and you haven't. This must have struck a nerve with Morrissey because he gets up and runs of the club, inconsolably, crying and wailing with his hands flailing ...

:laughing: I've heard that one before. Makes a mockery out of all that tacky merchandise portraying him as the boxing hardcase that went to the Salford school of hard knocks. I'd love to see him in a boxing ring :rofl:funny as 4ck :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::christmastree:

MORRISSEY HATES THE UK! Why do you think he talks so much shit about the Hillbilly "royal" family and lives how many thousands of miles from Mancfester in LA?

I reckon there are flowers in front of the restroom at Will Rogers Park in Beverly Hills. The city workers are confused and don't know what to do with them. Only in LA.

Tags
1983 george michael rip talk show video

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom