X-mas day death of George Michael - '83 video of George & Morrissey on talk show together

I found this video of George Michael & Morrissey on British talk show, 8 Days a Week, critiquing Everything But The Girl's new album; the movie Break Dancing; a book on Joy Division; and 50's do-wop record reissues.. #GeorgeMichaelRIP

I think it was more of an obsession with great music and lyrics that actually meant something. Unlike anything coming from the US at that time. The UK is unsurpassed for music and comedy.
So true.

There's a funny story about Morrissey being typically opinionated about Ian Curtis in the Hacienda. Their manager, Rob Gretton - who was a big forceful guy and a bully - tells Morrissey you@re jealous of Ian Curtis because he had the guts to commit suicide, and you haven't. This must have struck a nerve with Morrissey because he gets up and runs of the club, inconsolably, crying and wailing with his hands flailing ...

Well thats if you believe Peter Hook, as he wrote that in his book " The Hacienda. How Not To Run A Club" and I'm surprised if he can remember anything from that period as he was off his head on all sorts of gear for most of the time.

MORRISSEY HATES THE UK! Why do you think he talks so much shit about the Hillbilly "royal" family and lives how many thousands of miles from Mancfester in LA?

I reckon there are flowers in front of the restroom at Will Rogers Park in Beverly Hills. The city workers are confused and don't know what to do with them. Only in LA.

Hi window licker, have you enjoyed your yearly couple of days out of the funny farm? When do they lock you up again?

Reading about his charitable acts has been very endearing. Good man

"The U.K. Is unsurpassed for music and comedy." Really? Unsurpassed? Have you watched any comedies outside the U.K.? Music? Probably not.
Don't start crying. You're supposed to be an adult.
The Beatles. The Jam. The Cure. Madness. New Order. Joy Division. Suede. Siouxsie. The Smiths. Morrissey. The Kinks. The Specials. Dexys Midnight Runners. The The. Bowie. The Rolling Stones. The Who. Paul Weller. Led Zepellin. Oasis. Radiohead. Queen. Blur. The Stone Roses. The Happy Mondays. Etc etc etc.
Fawlty Towers. Only fools and horses. Steptoe and son. The office. Benny Hill. Yes Minister. Blackadder. The IT crowd. Father Ted. Red Dwarf. The Young Ones. Are you being served. Dad's Army. League of gentlemen. Allo Allo. Monty Python. Porridge. Mister Bean. Reginald Perrin. Little Britain. Bottom. Etc etc etc.

But I do like Pixies, if that makes you happy. Your username makes you sound like a complete c*** by the way.

Last edited:
:laughing: I've heard that one before. Makes a mockery out of all that tacky merchandise portraying him as the boxing hardcase that went to the Salford school of hard knocks. I'd love to see him in a boxing ring :rofl:funny as 4ck :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::christmastree:

It's more a case, Morrissey's attracted to hard knocks than being one himself. He likes the masculine bad boy types; Kirk Douglas and James Dean. His interest in boxing was due to his gay lover being an amateur boxer...

It's more a case, Morrissey's attracted to hard knocks than being one himself. He likes the masculine bad boy types; Kirk Douglas and James Dean. His interest in boxing was due to his gay lover being an amateur boxer...

It's a shame he's never been comfortable with his sexuality, I like to think that people are better educated these days. All this nonsense about humasexuality is bullshit.

Sadly it's not over yet ! Goodnight Nana !
Liz Smith :bouquet: aka Norma.
Favourite line ! " I'll just go and have a try Barbara " :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Don't start crying. You're supposed to be an adult.
The Beatles. The Jam. The Cure. Madness. New Order. Joy Division. Suede. Siouxsie. The Smiths. Morrissey. The Kinks. The Specials. Dexys Midnight Runners. The The. Bowie. The Rolling Stones. The Who. Paul Weller. Led Zepellin. Oasis. Radiohead. Queen. Blur. The Stone Roses. The Happy Mondays. Etc etc etc.
Fawlty Towers. Only fools and horses. Steptoe and son. The office. Benny Hill. Yes Minister. Blackadder. The IT crowd. Father Ted. Red Dwarf. The Young Ones. Are you being served. Dad's Army. League of gentlemen. Allo Allo. Monty Python. Porridge. Mister Bean. Reginald Perrin. Little Britain. Bottom. Etc etc etc.

But I do like Pixies, if that makes you happy. Your username makes you sound like a complete c*** by the way.
Little britain , allo allow , it crowd , Mr bean , only fools and horses .

f***ing hell you have bad taste . It's people like you who make England shit . You are obviously completely thick as and closed minded as well

Americans created Rock N Roll , Motown , hip hop .
Let's see for starters
As for music Elvis, The Doors , Velvets , Patti Smith, , New York Dolls , Simon and Garfunkel, Beach Boys , talking heads, blondie , Joni Mitchell, Rammons , Little Richard , Prince , Chuck Berry , muddy waters , Nirvana , Buddy Holly , Joni Mitchell , Magnetic Field s , gun club , perfume genius, The Gun Club , Alice Cooper , Janes Addiction , Suicide, the Go Gos, public enemy , Beastie Boys , on and on and on
Americans created Rock n Roll,

Comedy woody Allen , sienfeld, curb your enthusiasm, bilko , mash , dream on , Arrested development, Harold loyd ,
TV every great show for the last 15 years .
Films virtually ever great movie since 70s

You, however, aren't as funny as f***. Something of an habitual troll who, once starved of self-publicity, makes noises in an empty room. Or, as they say in that hotbed of feral activity known as Pendleton (Salford) - 'a total f***in' bell-end'.

:laughing: I've heard that one before. Makes a mockery out of all that tacky merchandise portraying him as the boxing hardcase that went to the Salford school of hard knocks. I'd love to see him in a boxing ring :rofl:funny as 4ck :laughing:

Fanfiction.

As a log-time Smiths/Morrissey fan, it's shocking how articulate, intelligent he comes across - i mean 20-year old George Michael....

It's a shame he's never been comfortable with his sexuality, I like to think that people are better educated these days. All this nonsense about humasexuality is bullshit.

Hey Benny Butcheryguard,

You idol George Michael wasn't comfortable with his sexuality neither until he got popped. So what's your point? What's good for the goose is good for the gender. Geddit?

I hear you are moving over to George Michael Solo as well.

I heard this is a rumor but you gotta have faith a faith a faith a faith.

Hope you don't get all teary when the singers from Kajagoogoo and Flock of Seagulls fly the coop so to speak.

See you at the Club Tropicana where drinks are free drinks are free, lap dances on the house

Fun and sunshine, there's enough for every swine!

Mincerely

Cataline Moon

Easy to see from this early clip that Michael was a decent fellow. RIP.
I guess Alain is from the same region of London - some speech similarities.

Morrissey is as bristly as always. Singer from Everything But the Girl could be a cousin of Mozzer's lol.

So uh did anyone else watch the clip?

Why did they vote so little time to Morrissey? He hardly got time to say anything whereas the other three droned on and on and on

Find it amazing George had to 'come out' over ten years later :D nobody had an inkling?

Not that it's important.

Tags
1983 george michael rip talk show video

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom