Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016)

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/event/morrissey2016/

OCT 1 Sat - KANAGAWA : YOKOHAMA BAYHALL - CANCELED

We are sorry to announce the cancelation of the Morrissey performance at Yokohama Bay Hall on Saturday, October 1st, due to logistical issues.

Your ticket for the show will be refunded during Sunday, October 2nd and Monday, October 17th at point of purchase.

Please contact Creativeman for the refund process.

The show at Osaka, IMP Hall is still scheduled for Sunday Oct 2nd.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this cancelation.

UPDATE 5:20 PM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

"Notice of cancellation of performance at Yokohama Bay Hall

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed when I went to buy tickets for the Yokohama show that many were being auctioned off, most likely not real fans buying the tickets but scammers hoping to make cash. The show on the 28th was not as packed a I had thought too. Many open seats in the upper sections. Good show though. Feel terrible for tonight's ticket holders but hopefully they will get refunded. I got burnt back when he cancelled the NYC Carnegie Hall show , travelled down from my university practically broke only to go straight back. Also happened for his book signing at Tower records in NYC. I think when you get to a point in your career when you are as famous as he is and collects off of fans for literally supporting his way of life, he owes them by doing everything possible to ensure the show goes on unless its truely unavoidable due to sickness or natural disasters. Cancelling for the reasons provided is not cool and think its rude and disrespect to the fans who buy an over priced ticket, travel to his show only to find out it has been called off. Sorry again to all those fans tonight who missed out.

of course there were many open areas as they are sham sellouts. here is how it works: you put the moz tix on sale, then wait a couple of weeks. TM says we sold 1ooo seats and interest is dead. promoter, under moz orders, tells them the allocation is 1000 seats, stop sales and declare sell out. everybody knows nobody will be buying another solitary ticket. push stage forward, roll out the black curtains. pack the nails in case a motor wheel needs to be eventually punctured.
but dont tell a particular jet setter, he of the weak mind, who spends most of his valuable (lol not) time apologizing for the poor moz attendance statistics.

A cancelation happens and the trolls can't wait to come out masturbate furiously over the news. And of course we are trusting the word of a family member of a person with a grudge against Morrissey, as is dictated in the terms and conditions of being a mod for this site that a grudge must be held because of the David T v Morrissey thing.
Whether it happens exactly the way people are interpreting or not - unless you were personally effected by the cancellations, why the f*** would you even care? You just have to look at the absolute glee some people post with when news like this comes out as proof enough that all they're doing is hanging around to troll.

The scrutiny in which every little thing is picked over that he does is borderline creepy and obsessive. Do people really not read this and go "well, that must really suck for the people who were going to that show" then just move on?

A cancelation happens and the trolls can't wait to come out masturbate furiously over the news. And of course we are trusting the word of a family member of a person with a grudge against Morrissey, as is dictated in the terms and conditions of being a mod for this site that a grudge must be held because of the David T v Morrissey thing.
Whether it happens exactly the way people are interpreting or not - unless you were personally effected by the cancellations, why the f*** would you even care? You just have to look at the absolute glee some people post with when news like this comes out as proof enough that all they're doing is hanging around to troll.

The scrutiny in which every little thing is picked over that he does is borderline creepy and obsessive. Do people really not read this and go "well, that must really suck for the people who were going to that show" then just move on?

Why don't you get another translation then, c***hook? I can tell you it is word for word correct. I'm waiting for you to find out which bit is wrong, by whatever means you choose. In your own time.

I understand how you could feel that no one should care if they weren't affected, but I don't think it's surprising people have opinions about it. I'm sure you know Morrissey has a reputation for cancelling at the last minute and it's fair for all potential ticket buyers, and anyone who has bought tickets for a cancelled show in the past, to voice their opinion.
It sounds like it was a very small venue and maybe they aren't set up for the projections. Or maybe Morrissey's people didn't do the pre-planning.
I understand that he doesn't want to just get in there and wing it. Still, the show should be designed to work on different scales. If only 380 people are there, why not do a more intimate show without all the flash? It wouldn't really be missed. People are there to hear the songs, not watch the videos.
The other problem is that a lot of times when shows are cancelled the reasons seem like excuses. There isn't that much money in a show like this and maybe he just didn't feel like doing it.
Besides, why do you care if it doesn't matter either way?

You're right that Uncle Skinny dislikes Morrissey and looks for any reason to put him down, but I don't think that anyone is questioning the reason for the cancellation. You probably shouldn't if you want to be a good Mozbot, because that implies that the reason given isn't valid. Are you implying that there is a better reason the show was cancelled? That's not a good idea. Just stick to "Morrissey is an exacting artist and a professional for over 30 years and can't be expected to do a show if things aren't perfect."

I understand how you could feel that no one should care if they weren't affected, but I don't think it's surprising people have opinions about it. I'm sure you know Morrissey has a reputation for cancelling at the last minute and it's fair for all potential ticket buyers, and anyone who has bought tickets for a cancelled show in the past, to voice their opinion.
It sounds like it was a very small venue and maybe they aren't set up for the projections. Or maybe Morrissey's people didn't do the pre-planning.
I understand that he doesn't want to just get in there and wing it. Still, the show should be designed to work on different scales. If only 380 people are there, why not do a more intimate show without all the flash? It wouldn't really be missed. People are there to hear the songs, not watch the videos.
The other problem is that a lot of times when shows are cancelled the reasons seem like excuses. There isn't that much money in a show like this and maybe he just didn't feel like doing it.
Besides, why do you care if it doesn't matter either way?

You're right that Uncle Skinny dislikes Morrissey and looks for any reason to put him down, but I don't think that anyone is questioning the reason for the cancellation. You probably shouldn't if you want to be a good Mozbot, because that implies that the reason given isn't valid. Are you implying that there is a better reason the show was cancelled? That's not a good idea. Just stick to "Morrissey is an exacting artist and a professional for over 30 years and can't be expected to do a show if things aren't perfect."

Utterly wrong. You could not be more wrong.

of course not m'lord, of course not, of course you never lie.:lbf:
right now you probably are flying over the amazon in your lear jet polishing your bald head.:crazy:

switch to:smoking: maybe that will help with the hallucinations.

Nah, been for a walk with my dog and now listening to football on the radio. No breaks planned until mid October when my kids are off school Mr Liar.

Christ, you come across as some sort of delinquent, are you not embarrassed?

Utterly wrong. You could not be more wrong.
Sorry. We covered this on the Sugar Mutts thread. You continuously make negative posts about Morrissey. You asked for evidence. I provided it. You didn't respond because there was nothing you could say. Your opinion, as many here have noticed, is extremely negative towards Morrissey, to the point that your reasoning doesn't even make sense. You proved this by failing to respond to reasonable discussion.
Now write something that sounds like Julie Andrews' dialog in The Sound of Music to impress us all or if you're in the mood just call me a c***, and we can consider this wrapped up.

Sorry. We covered this on the Sugar Mutts thread. You continuously make negative posts about Morrissey. You asked for evidence. I provided it. You didn't respond because there was nothing you could say. Your opinion, as many here have noticed, is extremely negative towards Morrissey, to the point that your reasoning doesn't even make sense. You proved this by failing to respond to reasonable discussion.
Now write something that sounds like Julie Andrews' dialog in The Sound of Music to impress us all or if you're in the mood just call me a c***, and we can consider this wrapped up.

Look, if you want to think you've won a pointless argument on a forum hardly anyone reads - it's yours - take it. You can't tell me what I feel. In fact, didn't someone write a song.....?

Revel in your triumph. You deserve it.

Look, if you want to think you've won a pointless argument on a forum hardly anyone reads - it's yours - take it. You can't tell me what I feel. In fact, didn't someone write a song.....?

Revel in your triumph. You deserve it.
bangalore-flowers-6-mix-gerberas-bouquet-paper.jpg

I was there for the second Tokyo show. By the end of the set, it was clear something was up. The encore was fast, stiff, and he looked fed up. It appeared he left the stage in a huff (from what I could tell).

I think the lack of audience response to the videos and his banter got to him. If the American audiences don't give a shit about the royal family, the Japanese are even more out of the loop. ALL of his comments were weird and awkward. Not used to pin drop silence between songs while he bantered away. Yoko Ono? That's all he could think of? That's borderline offensive. Introducing Boz as from Hamamatsu fell flat. His commentary went on for longer than usual each time, maybe trying to get a response from the audience. Very odd to see a performer clearly not understand the audience he was playing to.

Such a weird concert overall. Businessmen on their own still carrying their briefcases catching the show after work looking bored and clearly there just because the poster said he was a famous UK singer with "charisma". Quiet middle aged housewives with their quiet daughters seated the whole time. LOTS of single attendees looking awkward. And lots of checking of phones and a few pokemon collectors. No sing alongs and only light swaying and head bobbing. For what it's worth, I was halfway back on the ground floor near the sound booth, but didn't see much action except at the stage edge and a few pockets of foreigners on the sides. The audience was OBSERVING his performance, not ENJOYING it in a way that he was used to. All the stories about the dead crowd at the Beatles at Budokan must be true. Surreal.

Odd to see a Morrissey show without the hordes of menacing Mexicans that were always present at the L.A. shows I used to go to. Not an issue, just a funny realization that came to mind as I scanned the crowd.

Still a fun show and it was nice to see a changed up setlist. Shirt toss in the first song was a nice experience. Incredibly pleased that he skipped MIM. Voice was great. He sounds 23 again. New versino of First of the Gang is great, but Hard to Walk Tall sounds terrible and really highlights the banality of some of the lyrics when sung so slow.

The crowd got to him. Drama queen as always, he took his ball and went home. Wonder what will happen with Osaka.

:thumbsup:

Nah, been for a walk with my dog and now listening to football on the radio. No breaks planned until mid October when my kids are off school Mr Liar.

Christ, you come across as some sort of delinquent, are you not embarrassed?

:crazy:
o you must be busy with the dogs in the fox hunt of your mind.

I was there for the second Tokyo show. By the end of the set, it was clear something was up. The encore was fast, stiff, and he looked fed up. It appeared he left the stage in a huff (from what I could tell).

I think the lack of audience response to the videos and his banter got to him. If the American audiences don't give a shit about the royal family, the Japanese are even more out of the loop. ALL of his comments were weird and awkward. Not used to pin drop silence between songs while he bantered away. Yoko Ono? That's all he could think of? That's borderline offensive. Introducing Boz as from Hamamatsu fell flat. His commentary went on for longer than usual each time, maybe trying to get a response from the audience. Very odd to see a performer clearly not understand the audience he was playing to.

Such a weird concert overall. Businessmen on their own still carrying their briefcases catching the show after work looking bored and clearly there just because the poster said he was a famous UK singer with "charisma". Quiet middle aged housewives with their quiet daughters seated the whole time. LOTS of single attendees looking awkward. And lots of checking of phones and a few pokemon collectors. No sing alongs and only light swaying and head bobbing. For what it's worth, I was halfway back on the ground floor near the sound booth, but didn't see much action except at the stage edge and a few pockets of foreigners on the sides. The audience was OBSERVING his performance, not ENJOYING it in a way that he was used to. All the stories about the dead crowd at the Beatles at Budokan must be true. Surreal.

Odd to see a Morrissey show without the hordes of menacing Mexicans that were always present at the L.A. shows I used to go to. Not an issue, just a funny realization that came to mind as I scanned the crowd.

Still a fun show and it was nice to see a changed up setlist. Shirt toss in the first song was a nice experience. Incredibly pleased that he skipped MIM. Voice was great. He sounds 23 again. New versino of First of the Gang is great, but Hard to Walk Tall sounds terrible and really highlights the banality of some of the lyrics when sung so slow.

The crowd got to him. Drama queen as always, he took his ball and went home. Wonder what will happen with Osaka.

You've just described my dream audience.:love:
Thanks to another poster, I've just learnt that I'm a type 5 ;), so I would have fitted right in that Tokyo crowd. Shame it's so far away.

I think he did adapt (as much as he can :rolleyes:) and tailored the setlist to suit a Timi Yuro torchsong trilogy mood, with only Gustavo presumably ruining it again (when will he go away?) and kick the bride just being contrary. There's really no need to being contrary to such polite peeps tho.

His singing the small song to a Japanese crowd is probably his idea of a joke. Not surprised it failed, it would have failed anywhere. Try covering Randy Newman next time.

If anything, I would have thought a Japanese crowd would have made him more Humble, so I'm surprised he rambled about his usual pet hates. Not that I thought him discerning or anything, but, you know.

No idea about Hamamatsu either, poppet. I doubt even Gustavo got it. Steven mainly makes himself laugh.

I hope he and Despondent took advantage of their days off to see "Your Name". Do tell us if it's any gender-swapping good, laddies?

Japan is making me quite dreamy, thanks for your report, Kyoteren san.:tiphat:

Good report. You might have hit the nail on the head there.

My guess is he was told in NO uncertain terms the Meet in Murder film could not be shown during the set.

^^^This must be a new one in his list of excuses.^^^

10 out of 10 for creativity.

Surely the tour manager cases the venues prior to lugging equipment to the other side of the world to check they're suitable for Morrissdy's stage show. Which consists of some pictures, a projector, a rudimentary light show and 5 musicians. It's not that extravagant a stage show
This cat brings loads more on tour and he never has these logistic problems.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom