you know?

applebuttaz

what makes me mad..emo kids wearing moz and smith shirts:mad:
i asked one cuz i saw him with a queen is dead shirt and i asked him whtas your favorite song on the album and he said i swear to god "how soon is now?" and i that point i wanted to slug him..but yeah that was my little rant about casual fans or so called casual fans.:cool:

a fan is a fan ...

one day he might feel something more but everyone needs to start somewhere , just cause he doesnt know what you know doesnt make him less of a fan

i thought i was a devoted fan until i spoke to people on here , i am second rate compaired to them

as a wise man once said "there is someone somewhere with a big nose who knows who will trip you up and laugh when you fall"

I know how you feel. I have had so many people tell me their favourite Pumpkins song is 'the one about the vampire', say their favorite Blur song is 'Song 2', and refer to Your Body is a Wonderland as the best Mayer song. I want to throw things in their general direction after they say things like that.

last year i saw a black kid wearing a shirt with the Misfits skull on it, outside the movie theatre.

i'm not one to comment on someone's shirt, but since he was wearing a "Misfits" shirt and the rest of his clothes made him look like Ludacris, i thought it was an odd mix. so i ask "you like The Misfits?" and he says "missing this?" i say "your shirt...Misfits?" he says "what?" i say "nevermind"

A couple of weeks ago, I was wearing a Smiths t-shirt and an emo boy at uni told me something like: "Yeah, great t-shirt". I asked him whether he was a fan, he said "Not really, he knows a couple of songs."

One day when I was in queue for lunch I noticed a guy with a Meat Is Murder t-shirt (it was white and the picture was all blue, even "the smiths"), I shooked his hand in appreciation but he wasn't happy or anything else, he didn't seem to care. I felt like a fool then. Every time I see someone with a Smiths t shirt I make a comment, but I'm not sure I will anymore.

I must say i go up to people with smiths/morrissey tops on.When i was a T in the park i saw a boy with a smiths t-shirt on. I tapped him on the shoulder and said something about the smiths being amazing and he just ignored me:( A few emo like people at my school "claim" to like the smiths but when i talk to them about it they tend to avoid talking to me it's sad because i know they only say they like the smiths because some guy from fall out boy does.

This bother me too, because I can't help but think that they are only wearing Smiths/Morrissey shirts just to go with thier image. But they could be fans...

A few emo like people at my school "claim" to like the smiths but when i talk to them about it they tend to avoid talking to me it's sad because i know they only say they like the smiths because some guy from fall out boy does.
Today 05:29 PM

Pete Wentz is a Morrissey want-to-be. He keeps trying to get people to compare him to Moz.

This bother me too, because I can't help but think that they are only wearing Smiths/Morrissey shirts just to go with thier image. But they could be fans...

Pete Wentz is a Morrissey want-to-be. He keeps trying to get people to compare him to Moz.

Pete who? Seriously, who?

The only time I ever stopped and started a conversation with someone wearing a Morrissey shirt (it was actually a Queen is Dead shirt, but I'd also seen the same guy in a Ringleader shirt) it paid off- he told me an incredible story and we talked about Moz/Smiths for quite a while.

Maybe you should let the young ones season a few years before assuming they know anything... only approach those over, I don't know, 35?

Earlier this year right before I went to the Ann Arbor show, my Pre-Calculus teacher (and also our head football coach, and a real tough guy might I add :)) saw me wearing my Smiths t-shirt with the SLC photo on it. He came up and said to me, "Mason, let's see if you can walk the walk: who played bass for the band on your shirt?" I of course answered Andy Rourke and he was stunned that I answered correctly; he assumed I was just some poser like that girl that used to wear a New York Dolls shirt all the time without knowing that they were even a band :eek:.

He then told me about seeing The Smiths in Detroit back in '85 and how he heard that Moz was touring. It was an odd conversation with the Teacher Least Likely To have heard Moz, much less to have been a fan!

This probably doesn't fit in this thread, but I enjoy mentioning it. :D

Earlier this year right before I went to the Ann Arbor show, my Pre-Calculus teacher (and also our head football coach, and a real tough guy might I add :)) saw me wearing my Smiths t-shirt with the SLC photo on it. He came up and said to me, "Mason, let's see if you can walk the walk: who played bass for the band on your shirt?" I of course answered Andy Rourke and he was stunned that I answered correctly; he assumed I was just some poser like that girl that used to wear a New York Dolls shirt all the time without knowing that they were even a band :eek:.

A football coach?!? How's the team doing?

He then told me about seeing The Smiths in Detroit back in '85 and how he heard that Moz was touring. It was an odd conversation with the Teacher Least Likely To have heard Moz, much less to have been a fan!

Ask him for his recollections, and whether he happened to have taped it. This is one of the few gigs for which Passions turns up little more than a setlist.

I had a similar experience with a gym teacher (whom I despised) saw me wearing a Beatles shirt, and proceeded to tell me, excitedly, all about how "Lady Madonna" was considered such a dirty song when it came out in his teenage years. It instantly erased the 7 years of bad blood between us up to that point. He also started telling the class about the wild hippie clothes he wore way back when.

I suspect that your Teacher Least Likely To looks like some of us over-30 fans around here; you'd probably be surprised to run into one of us on the street and learn that we're fans, too. :(

A football coach?!? How's the team doing?

Ask him for his recollections, and whether he happened to have taped it. This is one of the few gigs for which Passions turns up little more than a setlist.

I had a similar experience with a gym teacher (whom I despised) saw me wearing a Beatles shirt, and proceeded to tell me, excitedly, all about how "Lady Madonna" was considered such a dirty song when it came out in his teenage years. It instantly erased the 7 years of bad blood between us up to that point. He also started telling the class about the wild hippie clothes he wore way back when.

I suspect that your Teacher Least Likely To looks like some of us over-30 fans around here; you'd probably be surprised to run into one of us on the street and learn that we're fans, too. :(

The team's doing very well; they're 8-1 with a big game on Friday (which I get to report for the paper cuz my editor's going on his honeymoon!:p) to decide who wins the conference.

He didn't remember many specifics, but he said that he was pretty far back in the venue cuz he got there a bit late. He also said that there were lots of drunks around him, and that he had also had a few beers beforehand but that he didn't feel really smashed or anything. I found it odd that a teacher would tell a student of his about how much he drinks...:D

The team's doing very well; they're 8-1 with a big game on Friday (which I get to report for the paper cuz my editor's going on his honeymoon!:p) to decide who wins the conference.

I was joking! The implication was that a football team whose coach was into The Smiths...oh, never mind. :p

He didn't remember many specifics, but he said that he was pretty far back in the venue cuz he got there a bit late. He also said that there were lots of drunks around him, and that he had also had a few beers beforehand but that he didn't feel really smashed or anything. I found it odd that a teacher would tell a student of his about how much he drinks...:D

He's proud of his youthful exploits. This guy sounds awesomer by the minute.

Must have serious problems if you get angry about young Morrissey-fans. People are just jealous.

If someone of you would see me wearing Smiths-shirt, I'm sure that somebody would write here: "I saw awful girl wearing Smiths-shirt and I'm very sure that she doesn't even know what The Smiths is!!!!!"

I know how you feel. I have had so many people tell me their favourite Pumpkins song is 'the one about the vampire', say their favorite Blur song is 'Song 2', and refer to Your Body is a Wonderland as the best Mayer song. I want to throw things in their general direction after they say things like that.

i hated john mayer until continuum came out. and i bought it, the whole thing. :eek:

Pete who? Seriously, who?

The only time I ever stopped and started a conversation with someone wearing a Morrissey shirt (it was actually a Queen is Dead shirt, but I'd also seen the same guy in a Ringleader shirt) it paid off- he told me an incredible story and we talked about Moz/Smiths for quite a while.

Maybe you should let the young ones season a few years before assuming they know anything... only approach those over, I don't know, 35?

Hey now preggies, I'm only 29, watch yoself! :p

I dislike girls in rainbow colored Unknown Pleasures shirts. The majority have no clue what it is. That offends me because 1) b/c that album means the world to me 2)I'd really love to wear that shirt, but can't now b/c I feel like a fake 3) I used to like when I saw somebody in a JD shirt or a Smiths shirt, etc. and then you knew they were a fan. Now you can't tell. I also once saw a guy in a shirt with Ian Curtis' face on it and he didn't even know the names of the albums!

I saw a guy in a Morrissey shirt not long ago and he was for real, but I could already tell her was a Moz fan beforehand, what with the huge quiff and all.

There's a freshman in my lunch who had a rainbow Unknown Pleasures shirt. I went up to her and said, "Joy Division, eh?" and she said, "I don't know. I just like the shirt. I don't THINK it's a band shirt...". Yes, but I KNOW it's a JD shirt.

DXS

Back
Top Bottom