Young Morrissey sitting on a car

A family of Burger King meat eaters educated at the Salford school of hard knocks ! ! ! L M F A O :rofl:

Who gives a f***? The hypocrisy argument is the weakest, laziest argument ever. We're analyzing the subtle nuance of a rare snapshot in our man's life here, not the french fries in his stomach.

Maybe it's me, and I love Morrissey and all, but really young pictures of him always creep me the f*** out. This one may be the worst. The photo booth pics too. He looks like a demon. I would never EVER wanna be around that dude.

It's weird how much he changed psychically by 82.

Maybe it's me, and I love Morrissey and all, but really young pictures of him always creep me the f*** out. This one may be the worst. The photo booth pics too. He looks like a demon. I would never EVER wanna be around that dude.

I think it's mostly the dodgy haircut

Last edited:
The problem is that 30 years later people used their money to go to Morrissey concerts for something nice and to get them out of whatever and all they get is a f***ed up huma-homosexual with two f***ed up supports and a bunch of self obsessed mememe fans who crawl into this equally self obsessed washed up musician's arse, who have "both" had it equally well in the meantime and they literally shit on all those others, because, you know, they are fat housewifes or whores or middle aged whatevers. I remember too well the upset by those who had wasted so much money for nothing. They were silenced and shut up. Because, you know, Morrissey is the centre of his own ugly universe. Yes, I met some of them, a bunch of women from Liverpool for example who couldn't afford 200 GBP for a birthday concert ticket like his American fans were so easy to cash out, or myself who had travelled to those concerts for something totally different than I eventually got. So that's the story of his youth, but the legacy doesn't translate. Not to mention his constant "the past of not me" drivels at the time. Indeed, it wasn't, and he didn't deliver on it, so why is it now? Now he is this rich successful musicians with that f***ed up devoted fan base of arseholes. Anything else is misleading or better left where it belongs, in the past where he put it. Morrissey himself doesn't really know what it means to get by without any money. He left school and was immediatly on the dole, getting benefits. He doesn't know what it means to have to pay for health insurance from nothing or having to bridge times of unemployment with the money that he earned will he had temp jobs. Some poor Americans will have their eyes quite opened by Obamacare, because they'll be faced with a similar question: where is the money for this health insurance going to come from? Questions that Morrissey or anybody else on the island with their NHS never has had to ask themselves. Here there are an awful lot of people who don't draw benefits, because even though it is said to be a "social security right" it translates into something totally different once you enter the system. Morrissey mentioned it in one of his lyrics, a government scheme designed to kill your dreams, but that's something that he has long disassociated himself from. Nobody needs his "social commentary" based on fake past memory from a millionaire with that kind of fanbase that is only reactivated to sell a book or past records, because his actions have long spoken a different language, especially during the past years.
You need a hobby love, seriously. Good Luck.

If you thought about it for, say, five seconds, the limit of your attention span I accept, you might wonder just how, circa 1969, a self-styled downtrodden, put upon working class Irish family suffering under the evil jackboot of the English, could afford a holiday in the United States?

Most Mancunian working class families of that era might get as far as Blackpool or Llandudno. This was some time before the explosion in air travel in the 70s that saw Brits start to explore even southern Spain.

It would be as strange as, say, a poor Baltimore family in late sixties alleged penury jetting off to jolly old London for their hols. Perhaps Morrissey's family weren't quite as working class as he makes out.

dailymail.jpg

If you thought about it for, say, five seconds, the limit of your attention span I accept, you might wonder just how, circa 1969, a self-styled downtrodden, put upon working class Irish family suffering under the evil jackboot of the English, could afford a holiday in the United States?

Most Mancunian working class families of that era might get as far as Blackpool or Llandudno. This was some time before the explosion in air travel in the 70s that saw Brits start to explore even southern Spain.

It would be as strange as, say, a poor Baltimore family in late sixties alleged penury jetting off to jolly old London for their hols. Perhaps Morrissey's family weren't quite as working class as he makes out.

I find the lower middle class to be very repressed! Do you? They use terms like Jolly. Brits. Jackboot. Bet you love the the the Dordogne region. And Telegraph is it? New Labour? Volvo or Vauxhall?

wow, some of you are really messed up, I too am from a Manchester working class background, to say that Morrissey is a liar about his early days etc is just crazy, I can assure you as a kid in the late sixties he would have had many a sunny afternoon dashed when he ran in to the house asking for money for the ice cream man, plain and simple, like most of us, it would have been some excuse like "no you're going to have your tea soon" when in reality what your mother really meant is I cant really afford it. such little things like this went on all over working class England in those days and to try and say that Morrissey never really experienced it is just silly.. Manc Lad,
Woodhouse Park

The occasional holiday hardly invalidates the opening sentences of Autobiography, you f***ing blemish.

Ha nice one.
Barley corn has to justify his existence on a daily bass, he generally struggles.
I'd say a holiday in America was just heaping misery on misery anyway.

I agree! Those early photographs are rather creepy.

Perhaps that was the Ron Mael influence!

I agree! Those early photographs are rather creepy.

Perhaps that was the Ron Mael influence!

Imagining young Morrissey with a mustache — not even Ron's Chaplin/Hitler 'stache, but ANY kind of lone mustache — makes him 10x creepier.
Here's hoping that never happened, or, if it did, that he had the sense to shave it before he could ever be photographed.

wow, some of you are really messed up, I too am from a Manchester working class background, to say that Morrissey is a liar about his early days etc is just crazy, I can assure you as a kid in the late sixties he would have had many a sunny afternoon dashed when he ran in to the house asking for money for the ice cream man, plain and simple, like most of us, it would have been some excuse like "no you're going to have your tea soon" when in reality what your mother really meant is I cant really afford it. such little things like this went on all over working class England in those days and to try and say that Morrissey never really experienced it is just silly.. Manc Lad,
Woodhouse Park

Let's just nip this in the bud shall we ?
You can NOT assure anything to us about Tosserrey wanting to buy ice creams can you ?
Are veggie's cool with eating ice cream by the way ?

Bunny-the-British-Butcher

Imagining young Morrissey with a mustache — not even Ron's Chaplin/Hitler 'stache, but ANY kind of lone mustache — makes him 10x creepier.
Here's hoping that never happened, or, if it did, that he had the sense to shave it before he could ever be photographed.

mael.jpg

:lbf:

So Morrissey's family liked to sit on cars...

hm... here I added a screenshot of young Morrissey sitting on a car from The Importance Of Being Morrissey, which isn't to see...

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-23 um 23.53.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-23 um 23.53.50.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Anyone would think I accused him of being Little Lord Fauntleroy, rather than mention how unusual it was to fly long haul to the States after packing your suitcase and checking you had your passport and tickets six times in a working class suburb of Manchester.

Whether it was 1969 or 1976 it was still very unusual. Perhaps he sat on Peter Ustinov's lap.

You accused him of lying, in your typical hysterically unfactual fashion.

the car is a ford Cortina mk1 not a chevy it taken in salford

Ah some rationale at last! Can't believe some of the comments on this post.

To start with, Morrrissey would have been around 10 years old in 1969. Even Moz couldn't have looked like that aged 10. Just check the book - he visited the States at least once every year from the age of 17.

"My mother had given me the money to travel to New York in 1976, where I stayed on Staten Island with Mary, who had left Manchester in 1969. Mary was now married with two children....." He was 17 on that trip, so it was probably then - the photo of the two of them looks as if they are outside the St Patrick's Catholic Cathedral in New York.

"By the continued grace of my mother, I manage three more trips to America before 1980 enters us all, but by now Mary has moved to the less-interesting Denver....."

So, his mother paid for the air fares, which would have been a big sacrifice for a single parent in 1976. Laker Skytrain started in 1977 so the later trips would have been much more affordable.

I'm sure that the house in Stretford where he spent his teenage years was a council house. Upper middle class families did not live in council houses in Stretford in the 1970s FFS!

Thank you for a rational reply with quotes to validate your statement. There is a difference between being working class and struggling to make ends meet and being completely destitute. My family was most definitely working class, yet my older brother managed to scrape together the air fare for a few trips to europe around the same time period. It was tight, but possible if you didn't have to pay for hotels and you could eat like a pauper. Also, as a very young vegetarian, I was dragged to Burger King with my family, where I ordered french fries and diet coke; not healthy, but still vegetarian. The options for vegetarians as that time were very slim, so you had to improvise. I really can't believe how the conspiracy theories escalate on this site; a sweet family photo becomes evidence that Morrissey is a liar, a hypocrite, and a phoney. You can choose to believe the worst about people, and you can broadcast your views, but that doesn't make it the truth.

lynnda

WHOPPERS ?

Tosserrey lies or B K burgers consumed on vacation's to Auntie Mary's ? That is the question

Benny-the-British-Butcher

oh, butcher boy, I too have been in a Burger King with friends kids, I had no right to preach to them what to eat, most kids like things like that, when they are older, they can then make their own mind up about the savage meat industry that is destroying the very earth we live upon, and yes, I have had an ice cream in my lifetime.. why do you prowl this website constantly having a go, if you don't like Morrissey why are you always on here, regards, Manc Lad

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom