"Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18, 2014)

Irregular Regular posted the link with additional details / sleeve:

Your Arsenal - true-to-you.net

On 24 February 2014, Parlophone Records will release a remaster of Morrissey's 1992 album Your Arsenal on CD, heavyweight gatefold vinyl LP, and digital download formats. The CD format will come with a DVD of Morrissey's 31 October 1991 concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.

your_arsenal_sleeve_artwork.jpg

An anonymous person writes:

Looks like those who predicted a Your Arsenal re-release were right.

Your Arsenal (CD+DVD) - Amazon.com

Curiously, Rhino is listed as the label.

Track Listings

Disc: 1
1. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
2. Glamorous Glue
3. We'll Let You Know
4. The National Front Disco
5. Certain People I Know
6. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
7. You're The One For Me, Fatty
8. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
9. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
10. Tomorrow (US Mix)*

Disc: 2
1. November Spawned a Monster
2. Alsatian Cousin
3. Our Frank
4. The Loop
5. King Leer
6. Sister I'm A Poet
7. Piccadilly Palare
8. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
9. Interesting Drug
10. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
11. Everyday Is Like Sunday
12. My Love Life
13. Pashernate Love
14. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
15. Asian Rut
16. Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
17. Suedehead
18. Disappointed

Last edited by a moderator:
Might pick this up but will wait for a early impressions of the remastering aspects. Glad the track listing hasn't been fussed with too much, but I also prefer the original version of Tomorrow. What they should've done was include the video for the US mix, which itself contains lots of extra shots of Moz and the band.

Arsenal was really the first time Morrissey's voice was "in the mix" (as one review put it) -- I wonder if that aspect has been adjusted in the remaster.

Re: Article: "Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18,

Arsenal was really the first time Morrissey's voice was "in the mix" (as one review put it) -- I wonder if that aspect has been adjusted in the remaster.

That's what I hate about the US remix of 'Tomorrow' - the voice is so loud and drenched in effects it no longer sounds as though Morrissey is part of the band, but completely dominates the track.
Part of the whole joy of 'Your Arsenal' for me, was that for the first time since the Smiths, Morrissey sounded as though he was fully integrated as part of an actual band, rather than a solo vocalist performing over music played by session musicians in a separate room. Or possibly city.

Re: Article: "Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18,

I was at this show so it will be great to have the dvd. Very exciting indeed.

I know Moz has said he has no interest in such gimmickry in relatively recent interviews, but if there is one album that would really stand up for a front-to-back run through in concert, it's Your Arsenal. I have no major issues with the current band, so this is not meant disrespectfully, but this particular album is one that they could really excel at I think. The 10 songs off the album to start things off, then another 10 of other stuff. Just a small handful of "showcase" shows in big markets could generate some buzz around this re-release.

Re: Your Arsenal CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon

Where will this all end? Remastered World Of Morrissey? Or a remaster of the remaster of Bona Drag? Or how about a remaster of the remaster of the remaster of Viva Hate?

Again I won't be purchasing this, I'm sure he really doesn't need a few extra pennies for the pension pot.

Who does actually buy these? It hardly appeals to a new demographic hence all I can think of are completists and nutters.

With the addition of the live show, this is a much more appealing release than 'Re-Kill Uncle.' It's just too bad there is little (any?) professionally-shot footage of a complete 'Your Arsenal' tour concert. Th'Lads were in blinding form and much-improved on the earlier solo material.

For completion's sake, it would have been nice to add the single B-sides, despite many having been re-re-reissued previously - funny, too, how "Fantastic Bird" and the longer, earlier mix of "Let The Right One Slip In" already slipped out on prior reissues and would have made perfectly logical sense here now.

I remember Stephane once shared mooted track listings for expanded Rhino/Warner editions of 'Viva' - 'Southpaw' from the early Aughts and one of the bonuses for 'Arsenal' was the uncut "There Speaks a True Friend." More tantalizing, the reissue of 'Southpaw' was intended to be a two-disc edition with the Miraval sessions on disc two.

Where will this all end?

There's just 'Vauxhall and I' to go, then all the 'classic' Morrissey catalogue will have been re-issued.

Though, I'm kinda hoping Quarry/Ringleader/Refusal get the re-issue treatment after that. 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' in particular is crying out for a re-master - the dynamics are compressed to shit on that record.

When I first read this I was horrified, but this doesn't look too bad. I already have "Your Arsenal" on heavyweight vinyl (I bought it new at a record shop in New York a few years ago--I have no idea when that was released) and I don't normally buy CDs anymore, but the concert dvd actually intrigues me enough that I might buy the CD.

I somewhat wished he had released that in theaters for his 25th anniversary as opposed to the Hollywood High show.

I'm disappointed that this is the Parlophone news. Was hoping for a breakthrough on a new record deal. My guess is that Parlophone is testing the waters to see how well this sells before a financial commitment is made to put out some new material. This re-release will sell like burgers at the Staples Center during a Moz gig so likely back to the drawing board for the dear humansexual.

MORRISSEY

Your Arsenal
Definitive Master

CD/DVD, Vinyl, And Digital Download Available February 25

LOS ANGELES - On February 25, Parlophone Records will release the Definitive Master of Morrissey's seminal third album, YOUR ARSENAL. Originally released in 1992, on the HMV label, YOUR ARSENAL was the album that sent Morrissey's career stratospheric in the US (record-setting Hollywood Bowl ticket sales, Grammy® nomination), and saw him consolidate his position as an outstanding solo artist. The album includes four chart singles, one of which, "Glamorous Glue,"' was released 20 years later.

YOUR ARSENAL is very much a traditional two-sided album, with five songs per side. Recorded after six months on the road with his new touring band, side one has a live urgency: the swagger of a gang with killer, muscular riffs and chops, enthralled to the grit of rock 'n' roll and, with legendary and hugely influential Spiders From Mars guitarist and arranger Mick Ronson at the helm in the producer's chair, glam rock. Ronson helped craft an album that was, all at once, sonically tough and tender.

With often misinterpreted vignettes exploring the '70s of Morrissey's youth, an age of football hooliganism ("We'll Let You Know"), glue sniffers ("Glamorous Glue"), and the far right ("The National Front Disco"), YOUR ARSENAL shows an artist at the peak of his powers, unafraid to explore the darker aspects of the human condition, with his sharp intellect and lyrical wit. The album also gives a nod to two musical icons of the era, Marc Bolan ("Certain People I Know") and David Bowie ("I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday").

Contrasting with the tougher songs of side one, the second side features classic, clever pop moments ("We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" and "You're The One For Me, Fatty") and more gentle, reflective and heartfelt touches ("Seasick, Yet Still Docked" - with Ronson on guitar; "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" - later covered by Bowie; and "Tomorrow") on an album that caresses as much as it confronts the listener.

YOUR ARSENAL Definitive Master is a new remaster of the album. It replaces the original version of "Tomorrow" with the superior US Mix. It will be available on CD, heavyweight, gatefold vinyl (with a rare Kevin Cummins photo of Morrissey and his band taken in Koln, 1991) and digital download. The CD will include a bonus DVD, featuring a previously unreleased live concert recorded at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA on October 31, 1991, with the future 'Your Arsenal' band.

Your Arsenal Definitive Master
CD/DVD Track Listing

CD
2. Glamorous Glue
3. We'll Let You Know
5. Certain People I Know
6. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
7. You're The One For Me, Fatty
8. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
9. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
10.Tomorrow (US Mix)

DVD
Morrissey at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA, USA - October 31st, 1991.
1. November Spawned a Monster
2. Alsatian Cousin
3. Our Frank
4. The Loop
5. King Leer
6. Sister I'm A Poet
7. Piccadilly Palare
8. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
9. Interesting Drug
10.We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
11.Everyday Is Like Sunday
12.My Love Life
13.Pashernate Love
14.The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
15.Asian Rut
Encore 1:
16.Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
17.Suedehead
Encore 2:
18. Disappointed

Your Arsenal Definitive Master
Heavyweight, Gatefold Vinyl Track List
Side 1:
2. Glamorous Glue
3. We'll Let You Know
5. Certain People I Know

Side 2:
1. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
2. You're The One For Me, Fatty
3. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
4. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
5. Tomorrow (US Mix)

With the addition of the live show, this is a much more appealing release than 'Re-Kill Uncle.' It's just too bad there is little (any?) professionally-shot footage of a complete 'Your Arsenal' tour concert. Th'Lads were in blinding form and much-improved on the earlier solo material.

For completion's sake, it would have been nice to add the single B-sides, despite many having been re-re-reissued previously - funny, too, how "Fantastic Bird" and the longer, earlier mix of "Let The Right One Slip In" already slipped out on prior reissues and would have made perfectly logical sense here now.

I remember Stephane once shared mooted track listings for expanded Rhino/Warner editions of 'Viva' - 'Southpaw' from the early Aughts and one of the bonuses for 'Arsenal' was the uncut "There Speaks a True Friend." More tantalizing, the reissue of 'Southpaw' was intended to be a two-disc edition with the Miraval sessions on disc two.

Hi Jamie, more details on the original planned reissues are available on the Steve Hoffman forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moz releases a reissue of "My Early Burglary Years." It features much of the Boxers/Sunny b-sides which I bet he won't tack on at the end of a future Vauxhall reissue.

The Shoreline October 31, 1991 is a really great show! Later on in the Kill Uncle tour, so you get songs like We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and Pashernate Love. I have a audio bootleg of it and it's fantastic! So glad this finally gets a release!

I had expected Beethoven Was Deaf to be the bonus disc, because it got deleted a few years ago. I wonder if it will be part of the remaster series in its own right.

This is AWESOME NEWS! I'll need to replace my vinyl copy as well.

Now...Vauxhall and I must be next, no?! OH PLEASE!

A pity that Morrissey didn't decide to release alternate versions of songs off the album or include an unreleased rarity or two instead of a live album.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom