"Your Arsenal" (remastered) released (UK - Feb. 24, 2014; US - Feb. 25)

Your Arsenal: Remastered album released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - true-to-you.net

Parlophone Records' remaster of Morrissey's Your Arsenal is released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US. The album is available from online music stores and other retailers.

Your Arsenal is on CD, heavyweight gatefold vinyl LP, and digital download formats. The CD format comes with a bonus DVD of Morrissey's concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California, on October 31st, 1991.

your_arsenal_sleeve_artwork1.jpg

Review (7.3) by Douglas Wolk - Pitchfork. Link posted by Thewlis.
Review by Matthew Foster - The Quietus. Link posted by Thewlis.
Review - The Mouth Magazine. Link posted by an anonymous person.
Review by Fergal Kinney - Louder Than War. Link posted by fergal_41.

Buy at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if its been previously mentioned but I noticed tonight that during We ll let you know when the tempo changes towards the end and Alan Whyte shouts "Your Arsenal" has been deleted

I don't know if its been previously mentioned but I noticed tonight that during We ll let you know when the tempo changes towards the end and Alan Whyte shouts "Your Arsenal" has been deleted

Really? Wow - Alain really is in the Morrissey doghouse these days isn't he? I wonder if they will strip his backing vocals out of the new 'Vauxhall' reissue?

Spooky ! I noticed that if you play it backwards on 33 rpm it says "I am the ghost of troubled Alan"
Also on YGNSomeone before he sings your gonna need someone he shouts "Mike Joyce"
Maybe I have a rare copy I'm willing to sell it for the right price.
Nigel.

Really? Wow - Alain really is in the Morrissey doghouse these days isn't he? I wonder if they will strip his backing vocals out of the new 'Vauxhall' reissue?

I was under the impression that it was Boz shouting "get off the roof!" Hasn't that been documented somewhere?

I was under the impression that it was Boz shouting "get off the roof!" Hasn't that been documented somewhere?

Only by your shrink ;)

Chuffed that it's not another "Kill Uncle". A sensible decision not to rework the track listing and give the album nasty new artwork.

The remaster of "Your Arsenal" sounds so much more muscular than the original. Worth buying just for that alone. A whole new immersive experience.

Morrissey could have put a few goodies on there though. What about all those live tracks included in the "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" releases? Criminal that b-side "There Speaks A True Friend" remains overlooked.

I avoided the new "Viva Hate" due to the unforgivable cull of "The Ordinary Boys" and "Kill Uncle" for reasons mentioned earlier (plus no "Pregnant For The Last Time" and its respective b-side). The delicious irony in these new legacy editions is that 2009's "Southpaw Grammar" and "Maladjusted" are quality releases, in spite of the tinkering with track lists and different artwork. The artwork actually looks decent - beautiful black and white photographs - completely different to the garish mess of Morrissey dancing in front of some superimposed gold bricks on the cover of "Kill Uncle". The tracks that were added, namely b-sides, substantially enhanced the albums IMHO.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom