Your favorite live lyric change

"All alone...lone...alone, waiting at the lights
But not this time"

changing to:
"A plastic bag ________ at the lights,
this once was me"

(kinda hard to get the verb he uses... maybe "stranded", but it's hard to tell. I love the plastic bag though.

I think _____ is him, exasperated, singing "who turned out the lights?"

Ad-libbing literally on having a plastic bag and the stage floods being dark.

I think _____ is him, exasperated, singing "who turned out the lights?"

Ad-libbing literally on having a plastic bag and the stage floods being dark.

No...the last couplet is an established alternate lyric. You have the studio's "all alone waiting at the light, but not this time" version and the live (as in the clip) "plastic bag, stranded at the light, which once was me" version.

I believe he has sung it both ways live, though. To me this is analogous to Suedehead's head "so many blank pages" printed lyrical element and its "so many illustrations" live counterpart.

I don’t like the lyric changes. I pay to hear the song with the lyrics as they were recorded...not made up shit with yelps or barking or whatever it is he does because he’s up there half drunk.

I can tell you what the worst lyric change is:

“Kill. Eat. Kill. Eat. Murder.”

"As the flames rose to her roman nose and her iPod started to melt" in "Bigmouth Strikes Again" in 2004 and 2016.
Yes I go with that, Earls court gig. Laughed my arse off! Genius!

Jason

Eddie Riff

I don’t like the lyric changes. I pay to hear the song with the lyrics as they were recorded...not made up shit with yelps or barking or whatever it is he does because he’s up there half drunk.

I can tell you what the worst lyric change is:

“Kill. Eat. Kill. Eat. Murder.”

You said it perfectly- 100% in agreement

"As the flames rose, up my shiny hose
And my foreskin started to melt..."

('Bigmouth', Toronto soundcheck, 2004)

Aylesbury Leisure Centre 1999 during Tomorrow he changed "All I ask of you' to "I've got two testicles"

I miss those days

He should be drunk more often, it might liven up the shows...

What does he mean?

Do you think it’s a veiled reference to him breaking up the Smiths?

I think it's his well-worn, "Look at all the shit I had to put up with, aren't I a poor suffering soul" schtick.

I like so many of them, and as for the kermit noises?
they're awesome, they're an integral part of Moz performing, and if you dont get them or dont like them?
then sorry, you just dont really get him, ur takin his shit too seriously and wow, sucks to be you then :cool:

Now that we are talking about lyrical changes, does anyone get the meaning of the 'new version' chorus of EILS?
(Everyday is like unday / Tell me quando uando uando)
I find it rather strange

I’m quite partial to the change of lyric during “In The Future When All’s Well” -

“Living longer than I had intended. Something must have gone... wrong.”

Now that we are talking about lyrical changes, does anyone get the meaning of the 'new version' chorus of EILS?
I find it rather strange

Well quando translates to “tell me”. So maybe it’s a reference to Armageddon coming? Him asking rhetorically when it will come or something like that? Probably not, but that’s the first thing that came to my mind.

i hate lyric changes in the songs. the lowlight will always be the '06 Still Ill change to "England's a swine, and it owes me a living". Just completely inferior to the original lyrics in every conceivable way.

I find it rather strange

Well quando translates to “tell me”. So maybe it’s a reference to Armageddon coming? Him asking rhetorically when it will come or something like that? Probably not, but that’s the first thing that came to my mind.

Quando is Italian and Portuguese for 'when' (also the Spanish 'cuando' which sounds the same). So when he sings 'Every day is like Sunday/Tell me when, when, when' it makes no sense whatsoever. I always wondered if he thought it meant 'why', which would at least be more logical. Either way, I find it quite an annoying, gratuitous suck-up to his South American market which lends nothing to the song.

Quando is Italian and Portuguese for 'when' (also the Spanish 'cuando' which sounds the same). So when he sings 'Every day is like Sunday/Tell me when, when, when' it makes no sense whatsoever. I always wondered if he thought it meant 'why', which would at least be more logical. Either way, I find it quite an annoying, gratuitous suck-up to his South American market which lends nothing to the song.

You are being far too literal. It's obviously a reference to this.

Personally I love the quando quando quando bit. It's funny, and it works.

You are being far too literal. It's obviously a reference to this.

Personally I love the quando quando quando bit. It's funny, and it works.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the song (and the movie). But I personally don't think it works or is funny, it just seems a bit desperate. Each to their own, I guess.

At the end of Spent the Day in Bed when he added - "no pay, no rent, no food... oh" -

or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom