Your last non-moz-concert?

lnathan

Share stories, pictures etc. here.

Last night I saw Gogol Bordello...the gypsy punks from New York. Had been looking forward since I saw them at Roskilde, and they didn't let me down. It was punk, sweat and gypsy craziness all the way. And I just love those washboard-girls and their silly outfits. In the end the stage was completely invaded. I think there must have been about 50 people up there and the last song just went on and on. The hightlight was when Hutz crowdsurfed on top of the stage on a drum.
You must all go see this band, they are so cool!

Kristeen Young at Club Metro , London last night....nice evening, her and Geoff are both really nice people and they're set was really good. anyone else here attend ?

Damien Dempsey at Cypress Avenue in Cork, at the end of May. Tiny venue - just a couple of hundred people - small stage, and Damo had to come up through the crowd to get on stage. Met him in the bar afterwards and had a drink - sound bloke. Gig was excellent and the crowd were in great form as well as the man himself. Couldn't help thinking what it would be like to see Moz in palce like that though....

Afraid I've not been to one in a while! =O

Last one was Lou Reed at the Bridgewater Hall. I've been assured last time in town he was much better, but that didn't stop me thinking it was absolutely fantastic.

Last major gig I went to (bar Moz) was Sigur Rós at Manchester Apollo, on 27th March. Stunning gig, one of the best I've ever witnessed, highlights including Hoppípolla and Glosolí.

I'm seeing The Pirates on Sunday, so looking forward to that!

Richard Hawley at the Lowry in Salford. Really enjoyed it. Apart from Moz gig's it's been a quiet year so far for live shows, for me.

In terms of my musical tastes, I've painted myself into a corner. Most of my musical hero's are dead!

The young knives, liam frost, longcut, and the pipettes at D-percussion. It's a once a year thing.

once again it was damien dempsey in the olympia in may. what a fantastic gig
he had the crowd in the palm of his hand all night. Obviously learnt a lot from Moz during his support act days for Quarry tour. Totally recommended

I saw the Silver Jews a month ago. It was quite a good show, though the concert that left the most impression on me lately was Devendra Banhart... he's such a great performer. I think it was one of the most enjoyable shows I've ever been to. Depeche Mode and Blonde Redhead were supposed to perform here a couple of weeks ago, I was really looking forward to it (especially to see Blonde Redhead) but they cancelled because of the war...

davdavon said:
It was quite a good show, though the concert that left the most impression on me lately was Devendra Banhart... he's such a great performer. I think it was one of the most enjoyable shows I've ever been to.
I SO agree with you! I've seen Devendra in July and it was unforgettable, also had a chance to have a drink and chat with him after the gig. He has an incredible personality and just spreads the positive energy around him!
I'd say that he is probably the only "happy" person that I like. :)

IMG_9231.JPG

deathfornoreason said:
Last major gig I went to (bar Moz) was Sigur Rós at Manchester Apollo, on 27th March. Stunning gig, one of the best I've ever witnessed, highlights including Hoppípolla and Glosolí.

Ah yes, saw them at Roskilde. It's pure magic to hear them live. One of my absolute favorite bands.

Arctic Monkeys, Rotherham Magna Centre, April 22nd 2006

^tell us, how awful were they?

The red hot chili peppers! in coventry
i also saw "!!!" which is pronounced "chk chk chk"
and i saw dirty pretty things...all in the same night

Chk chk chk were good but they were a bit too over the top for me very camp and a lot of jumping around

Dirty pretty things were o.k quite liked a few of there songs

But the highlight (obviously) was the red hot chili peppers
they were amazing from start to finish and i loved the solo from john frusciante of "how deep is your love" it's fantastic i'll upload it onto here later actually

Yeah loved it :D my nephews first concert too he loved it also
The only thing that bothered me was seeing all the people leaving before the encore and EVEN leaving while they played the encore!! :mad:
Couldn't believe it!!

Anyway twas great load of bottle throwing also..glass too!:eek:

EDIT!! : How deep is your love - John Frusciante.mp3

Last edited:
I was at V for the weekend and Summer Sundae the weekend before - so excluding festivals it would be

10th July - The Wedding Present (who played a stunning set in a tiny pub in Derby)
11th July - Sigur Ros at Southampton (wow)

this week I'm seeing The Vines:)

Last Friday I saw The Clientele. Sublime and sooooo lush. EXCELLENT show! Also with them were Great Lakes and Michael Andrews. Great sets from them as well.

Supergrass May 2004 Warwick University

i cant say i was blown away but then i am very fussy
i would like to see morrissey but i am no good with large crowds of people anymore

Back
Top Bottom