Your Morrissey shrine

IMG00080-20100120-1943.jpg

In real life, my walls aren't such a terrible puce-green color, and this doesn't look nearly as crazy.

alright so who put the tag on this thread, mute emo 616.

Seriously? You're going to say that about me on a Morrissey fansite?

Ridiculous....

alright so who put the tag on this thread, mute emo 616.

Seriously? You're going to say that about me on a Morrissey fansite?

Ridiculous....

I didn't put the tag there and I imagine this won't comfort you at all, but sometimes the work of trolls is like the best hints of symbolism EVAR. So your name is MuteWITNESS616 and he substituted "emo" for "witness." THere's a type of symbolic game you can play where when one substitution is made, you have the freedom to make another substitution, it's similar to the "Word" game that used to be popular here. So by omitting the word Witness, it draws attention to it. Then you take the word witness and think of the first thing that comes to mind, in my case it's Jehovah. That is interesting in the fact that Jehovah is a phonetic translation of the tetragrammaton, which is the Lord's name that isn't spoken. Fascinating that MUTE, or someone who doesn't speak, is the first word where "Jehovah" would be inserted into the equation. Here's an explanation from wiki:

"According to a Jewish tradition developed during the third to second centuries BC, the Tetragrammaton is written but not pronounced. When read, substitute terms replace the divine name where יְהֹוָה appears in the text. It is widely assumed, as proposed by the 19th-century Hebrew scholar Gesenius, that the vowels of the substitutes of the name, i.e. "Adonai" (Lord) and "Elohim" (God), were inserted by the Masoretes to indicate that these substitutes were to be used.[14] When יהוה precedes or follows Adonai, the Masoretes placed the vowel points of Elohim into the Tetragrammaton, producing a different vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יֱהֹוִה, which was read as Elohim.[15] In accordance with this reasoning, the form יְהֹוָה (Jehovah) has been characterized as a "hybrid form",[6][16] and even "a philological impossibility".[17"

So like I say, this may not make you feel better, but consider it like taking one for the symbolic cause. :p

latest update in my new place:
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-152.jpg

Oh, very very nice, Abrahan! Classy! I love it. It makes me wish I had more Morrissey stuff. Or a nicer place. Or just a place that wasn't beige.

is that piece of guitar from Marr or any Morrissey's musicians?

Good stuff.

it is a neck off a guitar that i owned and broke.

alain and boz both signed it about a month apart.
meboz.jpg
alainguitar.jpg

funny bit is that boz inspected it when i handed it to him and he asked, "is this one of mine?" and i told him that it wasn't. after he signed it, he asked again, "are you sure its not one of mine?"

I don't really have one at the moment, just a few pictures up (printed right now because I'm too cheap to buy posters :p). I would take a photo but I have an attic bedroom so the walls are slanted which makes the pics look weird on camera. Like, alien-weird.

Also, CG- the picture frame you have in your 'shrine' is really pretty. :)

dscf1908.jpg

this is one wall from my old apartment.

Tags
mute emo 616
Back
Top Bottom