Your picks for which songs translate best/worst in concert

If you don’t like me don’t look at me doesn’t translate great live. It’s not bad and I can see the enjoyment from the performers perspective as he’s being looked at while performing so he must be liked etc. also it’s just a nice lyric and with the amount of crap that gets talked about him by some obsessives that it works as a public statement, always kinda thought it reminded me of the part in pink flamingos when durring the rape the guy says don’t look if you don’t want to, but the music looses the dynamic between the propulsion and acoustics in the verse and the louder ringing part of the chorus. I’m a fan of the song on record. Home is a question mark however is great live as the the verse has less of an echo sound to it and the big pay off at the end is even better live

I think 'Jack The Ripper' has been the best and the worst is probably 'The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel'. It's a shame since I think it's a great song, but it's just not meant for the stage :(

I'm going with Maladjusted for best and Every Day Is Like Sunday for worst.

Maladjusted is one of my favorites, and I would love to hear it live, the 25live version is fantastic and I understand your reason for choosing it.
Everyday is Like Sunday I love too, and I like it live. It suits as final track I feel, I saw him at the London Palladium and it was during this track that the stage invaders began to appear, and I think its mixture of signature classic pop hit, lyrics of despondent loneliness and big singalong chorus make it a great live cut.

The list for me would go on too many, on one hand I say The Queen is Dead and the other I say Life is a Pigsty, but then again TIALTNGO, Jack the Ripper, Irish Blood, English Heart, Trouble Loves Me, Suedehead and I am running out of hands....
Meat is Murder is a good shout I feel. A song I am not overtly keen on, even in the live setting, but I cant argue it's impact, in a live setting it is an sonic and visual assault, the accompanying video painful to watch and the abattoir guitars like that of a horror film.

The song which translates the weakest...possibly Alma Matters. Then again its a song I find a bit boring to begin with, and when the chords kick in, I admittedly sing "because to SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE!" because it is happening before me, but I can take it or leave it.

Back
Top Bottom