Youtuber Professor Of Rock - How Morrissey and Marr of The Smiths Created a Classic

Description:

Hey music junkies the Professor of Rock always here to celebrate the greatest artists and songs of all time with our latest edition of The New Standards. Morrissey and Johnny Marr of the Smiths wrote “There is A Light That Never Goes Out” while working on their 1986 masterpiece “The Queen Is Dead” this is the story of the classic song and it’s impact on our culture. Including commentary by Brendan Urie of Panic! at the Disco and Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October. A very personal and insightful video on the greatest band of the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it quite entertaining watching Mike playing the drum part of The Queen Is Dead at 1.15 in this video or listening to Andy playing This Charming Man (Bass only)

Yes, they're talented musicians and were an important part of the sound of The Smiths, especially Andy. That wasn't the point of my post though.

🤒
Slow Acton, Geog Salmon and Skinny (no need to mention 'Surface', he is covered by Skinny :straightface:)
are all at the cul de sac watching the deleted video.:)
too dim witted to understand what it means when a video
is deleted.:lbf:
the one standing up with the impossibly tight britches-cant sit down :lbf: dont want the pantlooons to rip-is the tough one himself, the slow Acton.🐌

I think you got that exactly backwards, the music came first. The song would exist but in a different form.

The song would exist as an instrumental, and that’s not much fun. And in the case of The Smiths
they wouldn’t have gotten very far without a frontman like Morrissey.

The voice is music too.

The song would exist as an instrumental, and that’s not much fun. And in the case of The Smiths

The voice is music too.

They all know it.

Has anyone denied it?
"Just heard Shaun Keaveney play "The Boy With The Thorn ..." on BBC 6 Music. Afterwards he said " Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, thank you Johnny!"

Although my question who are they? is actually a more philosophical one.

🤒

can someone fetch Hooky so he can auto tune the sucky
:handpointright: :guardsman::handpointleft: :guitar: with his computer chip:blushing:

The voice is music too.

Right, and how far exactly would Morosey have got without the Smiths? Who else in MCR would have taken a chance on him?

They are not journalists who have something meaningful to say about the Smiths like Simon Goddard !!! Those guys are just bloggers, who gives a sxxt of what they are saying or thinking.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom