- Headful Of Heroes - NME (September 16, 1989)
- Your Arsenal Tour 1992 Pre-show Tracks
- Outside/Southpaw Grammar Tour 1995 Pre-show Tracks
- Statement from Morrissey - true-to-you.net (March 31, 2008)
- Morrissey's favourite 13 singles of all time (2010)
- Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net (January 1, 2014)
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business Tour
- California Son
Buffy Sainte-Marie (born February 20, 1941 at Piapot Reserve in Saskatchewan, Canada) is a Cree singer-songwriter, musician, composer, visual artist, pacifist, educator, social activist, and philanthropist.
Her music might generally be categorized as folk and traditional music, though she did record one mostly country album, I'm Gonna Be a Country Girl Again, in Nashville. She also won an Oscar for co-writing "Up Where We Belong" for the "Officer And A Gentleman" film.
Buffy Sainte-Marie, (born Beverly Sainte-Marie, February 20, 1941) is an Indigenous Canadian-American (Piapot Cree Nation) singer-songwriter, musician, composer, visual artist, educator, pacifist, and social activist. While working in these areas, her work has focused on issues facing Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Her singing and writing repertoire also includes subjects of love, war, religion, and mysticism. She has won recognition, awards and honours for her music as well as her work in education and social activism. Among her most popular songs are "Universal Soldier", "Cod'ine", "Until It's Time for You to Go", "Take My Hand for a While", "Now That the Buffalo's Gone", and her versions of Mickey Newbury's "Mister Can't You See" and Joni Mitchell's "The Circle Game". Her songs have been recorded by many artists including Donovan, Joe Cocker, Jennifer Warnes, Janis Joplin, Elvis Presley, and Glen Campbell. In 1983, she became the first Indigenous American person to win an Oscar, when her song "Up Where We Belong", co-written for the film An Officer and a Gentleman, won the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 55th Academy Awards. The song also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song that same year.In 1997, she founded the Cradleboard Teaching Project, an educational curriculum devoted to better understanding Native Americans.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey with Buffy Sainte-Marie, Jackson Browne photos - true-to-you.net - Morrissey-solo (Feb 10, 2015)
- Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more photos - Morrissey-solo (Feb 12, 2015)
- [Morrissey Central] "Morrissey and Jackson Browne" (December 18, 2022) - Morrissey-solo (Dec 18, 2022)