- Headful Of Heroes - NME (September 16, 1989)
- Your Arsenal Tour 1992 Pre-show Tracks
- Outside/Southpaw Grammar Tour 1995 Pre-show Tracks
- Statement from Morrissey - true-to-you.net (March 31, 2008)
- Morrissey's favourite 13 singles of all time (2010)
- Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net (January 1, 2014)
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business Tour
- California Son
Buffy Sainte-Marie (born February 20, 1941 in Stoneham, Mass) is a self-identified Cree singer-songwriter, musician, composer, visual artist, pacifist, educator, social activist, and philanthropist.
Her music might generally be categorized as folk and traditional music, though she did record one mostly country album, I'm Gonna Be a Country Girl Again, in Nashville. She also won an Oscar for co-writing "Up Where We Belong" for the "Officer And A Gentleman" film.
Sainte-Marie came under fire in late 2023 for allegedly manufacturing her Native background, according to a CBC documentary.
Buffy Sainte-Marie, (born Beverly Jean Santamaria; February 20, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and social activist. While working in these areas, her work has focused on issues facing Indigenous peoples of the United States and Canada. Since the early 1960s, Sainte-Marie has claimed to have Indigenous Canadian ancestry, but a 2023 investigation by CBC News concluded that she was born in the United States and is of Italian and English descent. Some Indigenous musicians and organizations have since called for awards she won while falsely claiming an Indigenous identity to be rescinded, including her 2018 Juno Award for Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year.Sainte-Marie's singing and writing repertoire includes subjects of love, war, religion, and mysticism. She has won recognition, awards, and honors for her music as well as her work in education and social activism. In 1983, her co-written song "Up Where We Belong", for the film An Officer and a Gentleman, won the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 55th Academy Awards. The song also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song that same year. In 1997, she founded the Cradleboard Teaching Project, an educational curriculum devoted to better understanding Native Americans.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey with Buffy Sainte-Marie, Jackson Browne photos - true-to-you.net - Morrissey-solo (Feb 10, 2015)
- Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more photos - Morrissey-solo (Feb 12, 2015)
- [Morrissey Central] "Morrissey and Jackson Browne" (December 18, 2022) - Morrissey-solo (Dec 18, 2022)