Morrissey covered " Back On The Chain Gang" as a single released in 2018 and in concert.
Notably covered "Everyday Is Like Sunday".
Their cover of Everyday Is Like Sunday was featured on the film soundtrack:"Boys On The Side (Original Soundtrack Album)" (1995).
It was later remastered and released on The Pretenders compilation album: "Pirate Radio 1979 ~ 2005" (2008)
Also played "Meat Is Murder" with Johnny Marr.
- Tour Of The Tormentors MMVI 2006-2007 Pre-show Tracks
- Tour Of Refusal 2009 Pre-show Tracks
- Morrissey Covers the Pretenders’ ‘Back on the Chain Gang,’ Talks ‘Pop Classic’ - Rolling Stone (November 1, 2018)
- Morrissey:"Son días de indignación moral salvajemente superficial" - El Comercio Perú (November 23, 2018)
Pretenders are an English-American rock band formed in Hereford, England, in March 1978, emerging from the British post punk movement. The band evolved into a mainly four-piece outfit and has experienced numerous personnel changes, with Chrissie Hynde as the only consistent member. Original member Martin Chambers returned after an absence of several years.
Current members (2017): Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Martin Chambers (drums, percussion, backing vocals), Nick Wilkinson (bass, backing vocals), James Walbourne (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Eric Heywood (pedal steel guitar, backing vocals)
Other notable ex-members include: Pete Farndon (bass), James Honeyman-Scott (guitar), T.M. Stevens (bass), Robbie McIntosh (guitar), Malcolm Foster (bass), Adam Seymour (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Andy Hobson (bass)
Inducted into Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2005 (Performer).
In jewel case with full artwork Promo Only - Not For Sale
- Everyday Is Like Sunday - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/1049888
- Everyday Is Like Sunday (Single Promo) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/8968136-The-Pretenders-Everyday-Is-Like-Sunday
The Pretenders are an English-American rock band formed in March 1978. The original band consisted of founder and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion). Following the deaths of Honeyman-Scott in 1982 and Farndon in 1983, the band experienced numerous personnel changes; Hynde has been the band's only consistent member.The band's hit songs include "Kid" (1979), "Brass in Pocket" (1979), "Talk of the Town" (1980), "Message of Love" (1981), "My City Was Gone" (1982), "Back on the Chain Gang" (1982), "Middle of the Road" (1983), "2000 Miles" (1983), "Don't Get Me Wrong" (1986), "My Baby" (1986) and "I'll Stand by You" (1994). The Pretenders were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (RRHOF) in 2005.
Related Forum Threads
- Pretenders play EILS on the new tour (UK 2023) - Morrissey-solo (May 15, 2023)