‘England Is Mine’ poster, in cinemas Aug. 4 - NME

Check out the poster for Morrissey film ‘England Is Mine’ - NME

The poster for England Is Mine, the upcoming biopic of Smiths legend Morrissey, has been released first on NME.com.

40279_england_is_mine_poster.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. If what Lowden is saying about the script is accurate, then it's not really so much about Moz, but an idea taken from his biography. He wasn't just an unhappy kid with a drive to do something different. A lot of people are like that. But Moz has a unique creative talent that others can't copy and an obsession that not everyone is burdened by. This combination makes him one of a kind.

#VivaVeganMoz

Thanks for your insight.
So I suppose, the view, the angle of the movie will be a bit different than many people expect.

That it is not entirely focussed on Moz as a person, which you might expect, but more about the timeframe and in a way he is seen as some kind of role model.

As if there were more "potential" Mozzers and this being an explanation for the popularity of the Smiths and Moz.
The fact they changed the title from "Steven" to "England Is Mine" could be a designation supporting this theory.
As a title pointing to many young people who wanted to say that and believe in it.
All speculation on my part of course.

But nobody seemed to try to get in contact with him for his side of it, even if they would use his take on it or not.
Could still be a very interesting movie but not the movie that would dive in all aspects of Moz just before he became famous.

So far there is no indication that someone will play James Maker in this film. This would be a huge mistake if he wasn't mentioned.

So far there is no indication that someone will play James Maker in this film. This would be a huge mistake if he wasn't mentioned.

It's possible someone may be playing Billy Duffy, during the 'onstage with The Nosebleeds' scene.

I'll probably take a look out of curiosity. However, I can't see any non-Morrissey fans wanting to watch a movie of a pimpled face, awkward teenager.

I'll probably take a look out of curiosity. However, I can't see any non-Morrissey fans wanting to watch a movie of a pimpled face, awkward teenager.

Yeah cause there's never been a movie about an awkward teenager before

Yeah cause there's never been a movie about an awkward teenager before

So it could be interesting for non-Morrissey fans?
I have no shares in the film company.

So it could be interesting for non-Morrissey fans?
I have no shares in the film company.

A good movie is a good movie. I've watched and enjoyed plenty of movies that revolved around subjects I know nothing about and some I don't even like. I don't like wrestling but I might watch glow. People who don't like chess may still enjoy searching for bobby fisher and plenty more people old and young have watched plenty of movies about being an awkward teenager finding themselves

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom