‘You’ve never seen The Beatles like this before’: Peter Jackson on his epic Get Back docuseries

A

Anonymous

This article and interview are too long to post. If you like The Beatles, you've got to read this:

This looks great!

Are any interactions in the Get Back series manipulated/fake?

Some probably won't believe this, but in The Beatles Rock Band game, there's an animation of Lennon & McCartney dancing together exactly as they are in the Get Back trailer. Thing is, I can't remember exactly which track in the game that the animation appears. Has to be the latter part of the game. I'll find it now.

Just watched the first episode. Loved it. Been into The Beatles since I was born. 2 hrs 37 mins of great footage.

If your favourite album of The Beatles is 1 or the Red and Blue albums, you will probably not enjoy this series.

I would love to sit on a chair just behind Stephen King's right shoulder while he's writing a novel and read as he creates on the fly. If you think that would be boring and you'd rather wait for the finished novel, then skip this series. However, if that's something you'd dig too (maybe a different writer) and you need more Beatles in your life, then you'll love it!

What's clear in episode one is that McCartney is driving this band. No doubt about it. He is trying his hardest to get George and John into gear. John is pretty (wasted) quiet in parts. McCartney is in full creative mode.

Watching episode 2 atm. George still hasn't come back. John and Paul have a private conversation in the cafeteria. They don't know the filmakers have put a microphone in a flowerpot. YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS CONVERSATION!!! Even if you only have a passing interest in The Beatles!

OMFG!!! From start to finish, the whole series is unreal. The third episode though is for everyone. The rooftop gig is unbelievable. We've seen it, some of it, before. Not like this though! There's more footage after that when they listen back to some of it and record some more tracks. In short, it is phenomenal! It'll put a smile on your face and you may fill up, depending on how into The Beatles you are.

Back
Top Bottom