“He has no reason to complain” - Simpsons writer Tim Long talks Morrissey to the Toronto Star

(July 28, 2021)

Excerpt:

Another source of inspiration he’s found himself returning to: English rocker Morrissey, lead singer of ‘80s group the Smiths.

Long incorporated the Smiths’ music and band into “The Exchange” and wrote a recent episode of “The Simpsons” including a character “not entirely” based on Morrissey.

Long called it “a loving homage to Morrissey, for the most part, at least for the first couple of acts.”

But Morrissey took issue with the episode, which aired in April, with his manager issuing a statement calling it “hurtful” and ”hypocritical.“

“Morrissey maybe wasn’t thrilled about the character, and then the movie that I wrote also features not just music from the Smiths but also a scene involving the Smiths, and he’s going to think, ‘What is this guy’s problem?’” Long said with a laugh.

“But if I ever meet him I’ll have to tell him, ‘We shot the movie two years ago, this was not a reaction to you.’ I don’t think he had any reason to complain from the first one (’The Simpsons’ episode), but he has even less reason (with the film). It’s just a kid who loves the band, like I did.

“I was a huge fan. I never thought in a million years I’d end up in a feud with the guy. But life takes some weird turns.”

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've no idea why Morrissey would be upset by this 'fan' depicting him as a fat, racist meat-eater who fires sausages into the audience at his shows and reformed the Smiths as a cash grab. I don't understand why he isn't flattered at such a loving and truthful depiction. 🤔

I’m sorry, can’t be arsed to read rubbish, call me fickle, but one look at those pair spells, soulless, weird and dead 👀, no wonder the Simpsons is no longer brilliant if they are involved. I met a great writer of it years ago in London and I know he’s beyond ashamed of how low, political and predictable it’s descended too. Oh well, failure will follow them. 🙏 😆 Good luck manboys, you’ll need it.

Oh look at that face it’s so…..

I’m sorry, can’t be arsed to read rubbish, call me fickle, but one look at those pair spells, soulless, weird and dead 👀, no wonder the Simpsons is no longer brilliant if they are involved. I met a great writer of it years ago in London and I know he’s beyond ashamed of how low, political and predictable it’s descended too. Oh well, failure will follow them. 🙏 😆 Good luck manboys, you’ll need it.
Laughable.

'I don't agree with it, so it's gone to shit'

Moron

Oh, one more thing. As widely stated just after the episode - why do you think Morrissey never went to the courts to defend his honour? Hmmmm?

Is it:

a) Leave him Sharon, he's not worth it!

b) The risk of being told there's ample evidence for the true depiction, and thus being legally allowed to be called a racist was just too great, because the green would stop rolling in

Tricky one

Very disingenuous.

Laughable.

Moron

Oh, one more thing. As widely stated just after the episode - why do you think Morrissey never went to the courts to defend his honour? Hmmmm?

Is it:

b) The risk of being told there's ample evidence for the true depiction, and thus being legally allowed to be called a racist was just too great, because the green would stop rolling in

Tricky one
“I’m a Karen
Leave it, Sharon
Skinny’s window screen”

Laughable.

Moron

Is it:

Tricky one

OI very tricky skinny the poster said that he wasnt arsed to continue reading rubbish and
you go and double up on the rubbish heap(n)

:hammer:

Laughable.

Moron

Is it:

Tricky one

Total bollocks - they created a fake character called Quilloughby who is close enough to Morrissey to chuck their mud, but far enough to avoid a lawsuit. Any lawyer would have advised Moz he wouldn't stand a chance of suing. It's why the behaviour of these so called 'writers' is so thoroughly unpleasant. They were both probably bullied at school and now they want to take their revenge on the world.

Total bollocks - they created a fake character called Quilloughby who is close enough to Morrissey to chuck their mud, but far enough to avoid a lawsuit. Any lawyer would have advised Moz he wouldn't stand a chance of suing. It's why the behaviour of these so called 'writers' is so thoroughly unpleasant. They were both probably bullied at school and now they want to take their revenge on the world.

and wrote a recent episode of “The Simpsons” including a character “not entirely” based on Morrissey.

yep. But facts won’t stop Skinny from talking crap.

Excerpt:

Another source of inspiration he’s found himself returning to: English rocker Morrissey, lead singer of ‘80s group the Smiths.

Long incorporated the Smiths’ music and band into “The Exchange” and wrote a recent episode of “The Simpsons” including a character “not entirely” based on Morrissey.

Long called it “a loving homage to Morrissey, for the most part, at least for the first couple of acts.”

But Morrissey took issue with the episode, which aired in April, with his manager issuing a statement calling it “hurtful” and ”hypocritical.“

“Morrissey maybe wasn’t thrilled about the character, and then the movie that I wrote also features not just music from the Smiths but also a scene involving the Smiths, and he’s going to think, ‘What is this guy’s problem?’” Long said with a laugh.

“But if I ever meet him I’ll have to tell him, ‘We shot the movie two years ago, this was not a reaction to you.’ I don’t think he had any reason to complain from the first one (’The Simpsons’ episode), but he has even less reason (with the film). It’s just a kid who loves the band, like I did.

“I was a huge fan. I never thought in a million years I’d end up in a feud with the guy. But life takes some weird turns.”

full

Related item:
The latest set of clowns on day release from the big top.

correct insight by the poster. the low life simpson show made a fake character so Moz couldnt sue the cheap bastards.:mad:
nobody watches that sucky show its tore up. tore up like that old robocop
checkered ottoman that you cant give away.:mad: it got beer smell on it.
since its located within :straightface: the luxurious quarters inside the no air conditioned council estate
doh:

everybody is high end but happen to munch and guzzle mcmuffins/5 for 5 quid on sunday:barf:

:hammer:

Sounds like a right twat. His depiction of Morrissey was lazy and boring and beneath the effort of the animators. Pointless rubbish. Moz should ignore it. Juvenile twats paying no respect. Anyone above the age of 15 who still watches The Simpsons needs to broaden their horizons.

1 tosser plus 1 roaster = double wank.

Laughable.

Moron

Is it:

Tricky one
Mate, if your comeback is that The Simpsons hasn't gone to shit, your mental health issues are worse than any of us feared. There are few things more true in life than The Simpsons being shit. I mean you're always going on about Morrissey's record sales, have you seen their viewing figures?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom