"15 Minutes With You " by Julie Hamill available for pre-order (to ship Sep. 2015)

Mike sends the link:

15 Minutes With You - Fabulous Books

Interviews with Smiths/Morrissey Collaborators and Famous Fans
by Julie Hamill

Over 300 pages of fascinating interviews.

£19.99. Pre Order a Signed Copy Now.

...Interviews include:

Mark Nevin, Guitarist, Morrissey, Kevin Armstrong, Guitarist and co-writer on Bona Drag. Kevin Cummins, Photographer, The Smiths and Morrissey. Shaun Keaveny, DJ, BBC 6 Music. Sean Hughes, Comedian. Jonny Bridgwood, Bassist, Morrissey. Andrew Paresi, Drummer, Morrissey. Tony Fletcher, There Is a Light That Never Goes Out. Spencer Cobrin, Drummer, Morrissey. Clive Langer, Producer, Morrissey. Grant Showbiz, Sound Engineer/Producer, The Smiths. Mark Bedford, Bassist, Morrissey. Chris Packham, TV Presenter, Naturalist, Conservationist. Dave Haslam, DJ, Journalist and Author. Vini Reilly, Guitarist, Morrissey.

Pre orders shipped at the beginning of September

365x374.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 17:

Airdrie-born author pens book dedicated to legendary Mancunian band The Smiths - Daily Record

Last edited:
Good luck to her with this.
A pleasant lady and great interviews - it deserved a book.
Kind regards,
FWD

Nice way for those of us who've enjoyed her interviews to throw some monetary support her way (and get a nice keepsake in return).

Do I hear the bottom of a barrel being scraped? There is no need for this book. She's a nice person but this is just milking the Moz cash machine.

On an unrelated topic: just watched 36 mins of Moz solo on top of the pops, on utube (one complete utube link). What a great experience. Moz has sure come up with amazing songs down through the years. Sometimes we forget how talented he is when we're busy on this site throwing insults and nit picking.

Last edited:
Do I hear the bottom of a barrel being scraped? There is no need for this book. She's a nice person but this is just milking the Moz cash machine.

Top tip !

Simply go back into the solo archive and print off these interviews. Next file them in an A4 ring binder in an order of personal choice or the same order as Julie's book.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Going to order, Julie is a total Moz Loyalist.

A do-er and not a keyboard warrior like so many on here.

Best of luck :thumb:

Possible names for my coming book ! Please feel free to post your own the best entry shall receive a signed copy of Kerrygold on white label.

Kerrygold, Mould and Bellyaches.

You had to sneak into my room just to read my dairy

Cheese and Bones and Crank and Roll

CrankFraudism is me

No, don't think it's barrel scraping. She put a lot of time and effort into coordinating and conducting these interviews. It will make a nice coffee table book and just as valid as any other unauthorized Smiths/Morrissey book for sale.

On an unrelated topic: just watched 36 mins of Moz solo on top of the pops, on utube (one complete utube link). What a great experience. Moz has sure come up with amazing songs down through the years. Sometimes we forget how talented he is when we're busy on this site throwing insults and nit picking.

Well, I hate to pick nits but this is the one commonly stated thought that is (to my knowledge) completely untrue. Morrissey is an amazing lyricist, not song writer. I do not believe he has ever composed a song in his life...save a piano solo or two. If by "come up with amazing songs" you mean found talented song writers to compose his music in his early solo career, then you are 100% correct. I consider WPINOYB an insult thrown into my ears. :D

If you really think money will be made on this (very good) project then you are out of touch. Very few authors / producers of books see any profit / very little royalties.

No, don't think it's barrel scraping. She put a lot of time and effort into coordinating and conducting these interviews. It will make a nice coffee table book and just as valid as any other unauthorized Smiths/Morrissey book for sale.

yeah id like to hear a peer group discussion of interesting people talking about moz

If you really think money will be made on this (very good) project then you are out of touch. Very few authors / producers of books see any profit / very little royalties.

this is very true unless youve got a movie adaptation. were all screen writers these days

Oh please. How truly outrageous it is these free-for-all internet days for somebody to try to get some money out of the work she has done. You may have no need for this book, but to condemn the whole project just because of that just shown how petty you are.

Oh please. How truly outrageous it is these free-for-all internet days for somebody to try to get some money out of the work she has done. You may have no need for this book, but to condemn the whole project just because of that just shown how petty you are.

Well, I'm in possession of it, and it is well worth having. If you enjoyed Dickie Felton's work, you'll enjoy this.
Plenty of content within that was never put online.

Sorrow of Stamford Bridge

im for sure interested in the former collaborators thoughts, especially reillys

the only moz book worth reading will be the one benny writes. hopefully it will be longer than the 120 page upcoming novella.

only benny can properly and objectively deal with the moz phenomena. this one you dont need as the interviews are easily accessible on the internet.

They are doing a documentary on this book which is great news. I wonder if Morrissey will want to get involved?

Top tip !

Simply go back into the solo archive and print off these interviews. Next file them in an A4 ring binder in an order of personal choice or the same order as Julie's book.

lol Class act! You can also blow up the photo of the cover and glue it on your binder. I'm going to use glitter glue.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom