2011 Tour

Re: Hawick Town Hall ... will it really happen?

Sorry this is my one of two venues I got tickets for (the other is Grimsby) and I can't help thinking that, out of this little flurry of venues, he's most likely to drop this one as it's such a small venue (?750 capacity) so it would disappoint the least number of people. I worry too much :crazy:

If it happens, it will be amazing - it will feel like Morrissey's doing a club turn at my local WMC :horny:

i hope he doesn't !! saw him in whitehaven (about 600 capacity) and stirling (not much more) and they were brilliant gigs ... think he likes the little , out the way venues because they test the fans more .. and Hawick doesn't even have a train station !!! It will be a fantastic night i am sure .. moz fans takin over the town for the day .. cannot wait !!!

Managed to get York and Bradford standing,convinced myself Hawick is going to be unmissable now,can't believe tickets still available at TM.

I live in Edinburgh which is handy for at least 3 - Dunfermline, Perth and Hawick - I have tickets for all of these but if I could only go to one out of the three, it would undoubtedly be Hawick. I can't believe it hasn't sold out

Morrissey - In a 750 capacity venue - 1 hour from Edinburgh - What more do people want!?

Managed to get York and Bradford standing,convinced myself Hawick is going to be unmissable now,can't believe tickets still available at TM.

i hope he doesn't !! saw him in whitehaven (about 600 capacity) and stirling (not much more) and they were brilliant gigs ... think he likes the little , out the way venues because they test the fans more .. and Hawick doesn't even have a train station !!! It will be a fantastic night i am sure .. moz fans takin over the town for the day .. cannot wait !!!

Totally agree. I went to Whitehaven in 2006 and have been the last 2 at Stirling and they were tremedous. Looking forward to Hawick this time around.

On the rail at Pasadena was a little "rough" as I recall. Bradford and Grimsby are in Yorkshire so that means they will be great!
California shows are the ones I have found to be the roughest!

On the rail at Pasadena was a little "rough" as I recall. Bradford and Grimsby are in Yorkshire so that means they will be great!
California shows are the ones I have found to be the roughest!

and Las Vegas was so calm...me and a couple of mexicans the only ones up for it! :sleeping:

I live in Edinburgh which is handy for at least 3 - Dunfermline, Perth and Hawick - I have tickets for all of these but if I could only go to one out of the three, it would undoubtedly be Hawick. I can't believe it hasn't sold out

Morrissey - In a 750 capacity venue - 1 hour from Edinburgh - What more do people want!?

...AND it's "Scotland's Leading Knitwear Centre". I know Morrissey loves a good wool shop.

I like the look of the place ~

l.jpg

l.jpg

:eek:

Maybe Moz will deck it out in Union flags? ;)

...AND it's "Scotland's Leading Knitwear Centre". I know Morrissey loves a good wool shop.

l.jpg

l.jpg

this place looks amazing!!!

Is anyone else here going to Plymouth? I feel like I'm the only one! I noticed there are still standing tickets on the pavilions web site too.

Moi! I'm off to Plymouth. A nice 300 mile round trip. I hope Morrissey deigns to grace us with his presence as this one is a bit out of the way compared to the other gigs. And is not sold out

Me too for Plymouth. Just 60 miles away so easy for me. Will be my daughters first Moz gig - ideal 18th birthday pressie. Trying to wean her off dumb metal bands! See you there people.

I was a bit concerned about this too, it's also quite a hike for me coming from Kent. I should stay positive and happy though. ha!
Moi! I'm off to Plymouth. A nice 300 mile round trip. I hope Morrissey deigns to grace us with his presence as this one is a bit out of the way compared to the other gigs. And is not sold out

Hawick still looks bigger than The Bowery Ballroom, that was really small. See when we get there I suppose.

this place looks amazing!!!

Hello xfranklyx,
Quick quiz ~ do you know roughly the capacity of the Bowery Ballroom that he played back in, was it 2009? Is that the smallest venue he's ever played? { & Were you there?}
750 must be one of the more petite places he's played in the UK. I think Whitehaven may have been smaller.
Cheers.
~ joe.

hawick looks an amazing venue, so glad I decided to get a ticket.

cant believe how easily accessible the stage looks ;)
moz is going to have a busy night with us

Hello xfranklyx,
Quick quiz ~ do you know roughly the capacity of the Bowery Ballroom that he played back in, was it 2009? Is that the smallest venue he's ever played? { & Were you there?}
750 must be one of the more petite places he's played in the UK. I think Whitehaven may have been smaller.
Cheers.
~ joe.
Hey Joe!
The cap for bowery is around 550 last I knew. I don't know if it's the smallest venue he has played but it has to be quite close to it. I do know it's the smallest I have seen him in, the show was def not at capacity either and had a interesting mix of people there ( alot of industry people). There were DIY old punk looking flyers for show outside the venue which was awesome.
boweryshirt1.jpg

You could get tickets at the door day of show, hence me NEVER worrying about a show ever selling out again. If you can get tickets for Moz, day of, for a 550 cap room then you can surely get tickets to anything! haha.

I really want to go to this 750cap spot but unfort I can't make all the UK dates let alone barely being able to fit the first 3 Scotland dates in btwn work and racing but it has to be done! Hopefully there will be a US tour soon.

Also I am kinda worried about this news about some of the band members not being contacted yet about the upcoming tour. hmmmm

Last edited:

Hello xfranklyx,
Cheers.
~ joe.

Hey guys, don't forget the 'private' gig that he played at the Zephyr Club in 2002 in SLC. That was 350 capacity-there was enough room for 12 of us in front of the stage. I took this photo outside, but I didn't want to chance bringing it in because we were basically humping security.
54510_473249344613_786854613_5426737_1588503_o.jpg

Wow, you got a ticket on the door? I spent $200 for one!

l.jpg

l.jpg

Looks like this will be THE gig of the tour.

Also I am kinda worried about this news about some of the band members not being contacted yet about the upcoming tour. hmmmm

Where did you hear this news? I actually think that a brand new band would be great for Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom