2011 Tour

Re: Hawick Town Hall ... will it really happen?

Hey guys, don't forget the 'private' gig that he played at the Zephyr Club in 2002 in SLC. That was 350 capacity-there was enough room for 12 of us in front of the stage. I took this photo outside, but I didn't want to chance bringing it in because we were basically humping security.
View attachment 11741

i guess if we include private shows then it wouldnt be the smallest but still close to it.

Where did you hear this news? I actually think that a brand new band would be great for Morrissey.

a friend told me they mentioned something about it yesterday on breakfast with the smiths. if anyone else heard about this then please correct me if i am wrong or add to this.

Wow, you got a ticket on the door? I spent $200 for one!

i personally picked up 2 tix day of from craigslist for i think $110 each which i would def pay again for a room that small. but i know a couple people that got tix that night at the door for $75 straight, no fees or anything. and from the past few tours ive just noticed that its been getting easier and easier and sometimes cheaper to get tix later. that hammerstein ballroom deal in '07 was a mess. the tix went down to $25 dollars for the one night and $35 for i think the rest of the nights. pissed cause i paid regular price for some of them. owell. live and learn LOL

Last edited:

i guess if we include private shows then it wouldnt be the smallest but still close to it.

Well, it wasn't really private... Anyone could have gone. That's just how they sort of billed it. You just had to become a member of that bar and register with them or something, and the tickets were like $75.00 or something.

so worth it! i really wish stuff like that would still happen. i would REALLY like another signing or something in the middle of nowhere.

come on mozzer get on this asap please!

Hey guys, don't forget the 'private' gig that he played at the Zephyr Club in 2002 in SLC. That was 350 capacity-there was enough room for 12 of us in front of the stage. I took this photo outside, but I didn't want to chance bringing it in because we were basically humping security.
View attachment 11741

have you got any pics from the gig?

Is there more info on this show somewhere..I looked on the 2002 Tour Dates page but didn't see anything.

Well, it wasn't really private... Anyone could have gone. That's just how they sort of billed it. You just had to become a member of that bar and register with them or something, and the tickets were like $75.00 or something.

Thanks..for whatever reason, I didn't put two and two together that this was an American show SN was referring to.

was on the fence about this, but ended up picking up tickets for Dunoon and Dunfermline after a few pints the other night, for starters. Now have to work backwards and look at: budgets, work time off, convincing the old lady, etc.

I'll never learn. :D

Same here - the Scottish Leg for me is a week off work, 950 miles in the car and 7 hotel nights but He's worth it!
They should all be fantastic!

I always say I'll stop spending all this money on Moz then he announces a tour and i go into Moz Mode!!

Wonder what time the queue will form outside the hall in Hawick? Front row there will be amazing!

What do you reckon the chances are of there being shows in London or more southern places in the near future? Got my hop farm ticket but I can't afford to get to these bloomin' northern gigs

What do you reckon the chances are of there being shows in London or more southern places in the near future? Got my hop farm ticket but I can't afford to get to these bloomin' northern gigs

According to TTY, no UK dates in 2011 after Hop Farm appearance.

That Hawick venue looks great. Makes me want to stick around longer. Alas, the first two dates will have to do. Will be my first time seeing the first date of a tour, pretty excited for that!

i think its cause of the dificulty in getting there. no train station will have put a lot of people off

That Hawick venue looks great. Makes me want to stick around longer. Alas, the first two dates will have to do. Will be my first time seeing the first date of a tour, pretty excited for that!

hope it is the gig of the tour .. cos i am going ! saw him in whitehaven too and this looks about the same size from the picture posted ! love that someone who could easily sell out the o2 academy size venues monthly chooses to play such obscure and testing places .. they become events instead of just another gig !!

On the rail at Pasadena was a little "rough" as I recall. Bradford and Grimsby are in Yorkshire so that means they will be great!
California shows are the ones I have found to be the roughest!

two of my best moz gigs were yorkshire gigs.. halifax on ringleaders tour and leeds on swords tour .. i am a real northerner but you southern yorkshire lot are a great crowd !!

Hey Joe!
The cap for bowery is around 550 last I knew. I don't know if it's the smallest venue he has played but it has to be quite close to it. I do know it's the smallest I have seen him in, the show was def not at capacity either and had a interesting mix of people there ( alot of industry people). There were DIY old punk looking flyers for show outside the venue which was awesome.
boweryshirt1.jpg

You could get tickets at the door day of show, hence me NEVER worrying about a show ever selling out again. If you can get tickets for Moz, day of, for a 550 cap room then you can surely get tickets to anything! haha.

I really want to go to this 750cap spot but unfort I can't make all the UK dates let alone barely being able to fit the first 3 Scotland dates in btwn work and racing but it has to be done! Hopefully there will be a US tour soon.

Also I am kinda worried about this news about some of the band members not being contacted yet about the upcoming tour. hmmmm

i got a reply off boz on facebook the other day sayin that they had not started rehearsals yet but i presume he is still involved .. asked jesse the same but had no reply so far .. don't know why jesse gets so much shit on here .. i think his live performance is really good and that the live band is the best it has been since 2004 .. wish mikey would return though !

hope it is the gig of the tour .. cos i am going ! saw him in whitehaven too and this looks about the same size from the picture posted ! love that someone who could easily sell out the o2 academy size venues monthly chooses to play such obscure and testing places .. they become events instead of just another gig !!

Um well with the last USA tour, he cancelled so many dates...so yes...it was an event, because I traveled to Palm Springs, a smaller town in the middle of nowhere (with a huge gay population), just to have the show cancelled. We still had fun though, going to vegan resturants and hanging out in the hottub w/ my bf. I just mention the gay population, cause I'm gay so I notice, and the hotel worker said his boyfriend was going to see Moz as well...but nobody got to see Moz :(

Back
Top Bottom