2013 albums, what do you like so far?

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
:confused:
no really, I want to know, have not listened to a lot of new stuff (that I really liked) so far this year :o
except, maybe:
Girl_Who_Got_Away.png

:guitar:
what about you? tell me what new stuff* you like, I want to know :thumb:

*=stuff from the latter half of 2012 is OK, I've really been out of the loop :straightface:

David Bowie, Johnny Marr, Suede, The House Of Love

I just saw the House of Love video for the new song "A baby got back on its feet" and it made me sad to see how badly the singers been ageing and looks like he spent the last 20 years in the pub like someone said on Youtube. I cannot share most peoples enthusiasm for these comebacks where old men have recorded something just to make some money again.

Not sure I agree age is just a number anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75tFgExtBD8

I just saw the House of Love video for the new song "A baby got back on its feet" and it made me sad to see how badly the singers been ageing and looks like he spent the last 20 years in the pub like someone said on Youtube. I cannot share most peoples enthusiasm for these comebacks where old men have recorded something just to make some money again.

He is 56 after all

Two that have stood out for me so far are Foals (Holy Fire) and Mogwai (Les Revenants Soundtrack). Maybe not that great, now that I think on it. Still, 9 months to go.

Besides which House of Love was a deeply mediocre band even in their heyday. ;)

I partly agree with you, I think if you've been out of the music industry for a long time and you decide to come back it should be with new band or project, you should be aiming for a completely new sound especially as your life would have changed a lot in those years. But seeing middle aged/elderly men and women showing no kind of maturity, stuck in the past as they desperately try to create the image of their past is just embarrassing. Let it go and do something else, if they were really proper artists they'd move on rather than exploiting the fan base.

I partly agree with you, I think if you've been out of the music industry for a long time and you decide to come back it should be with new band or project, you should be aiming for a completely new sound especially as your life would have changed a lot in those years. But seeing middle aged/elderly men and women showing no kind of maturity, stuck in the past as they desperately try to create the image of their past is just embarrassing. Let it go and do something else, if they were really proper artists they'd move on rather than exploiting the fan base.

Thank you for putting it in better words than me or maybe you just read inbetween the lines and got my message. You really put it down well what I meant and how I felt when seeing and hearing their new video.

To Qvist I can say that I agree cause in their heyday they were never great but their debut felt new and very honest but as time went on they became more and more boring I'm afraid. I think they fall into the pretentious category and once an artist or band does that then they will become boring sooner rather than later and never be able to shake that off.

hmm, listened to some of those listed above, was a bit underwhelmed by them, sorry :o
however, thanks for reminding me to check out Mogwai (Les Revenants Soundtrack) :thumb:

Two that have stood out for me so far are Foals (Holy Fire) and Mogwai (Les Revenants Soundtrack). Maybe not that great, now that I think on it. Still, 9 months to go.

I'll second that Foals nomination. I'll give Mogwai a go too as I think they're a truly great band. I quite like that Django Django album from last year (even though I shouldn't cos its a bit deriviative) though unaware of when it was released and I thought the Grizzly Bear LP was excellent too.

MBV was ok, but not as great as I anticipated and I am going to download The Knife today.

Yikes, what a horrible cover! Karmic retribution for their previous excellent one (you know, the squished egg)? Not heard it yet though. But will.

:confused:
no really, I want to know, have not listened to a lot of new stuff (that I really liked) so far this year :o
except, maybe:
Girl_Who_Got_Away.png

:guitar:
what about you? tell me what new stuff* you like, I want to know :thumb:

*=stuff from the latter half of 2012 is OK, I've really been out of the loop :straightface:

Is Eminem on this?

all the good music is on soundcloud.

I absolutely love the new Johnny Marr album. One of my favorite new releases in awhile. David Bowie's new one isn't bad either.

Another one I've grown to like is Night Beds' Country Sleep. Very soft and melodic.

I checked out the new Bowie. Didn't think much of it, 1 or 2 songs aside. Marr I find embarrasingly inconsequential, a tepid trip to Oasis-land. The man is a legend. He could do anything, and get attention for it. So why go for pointless radio filler?

Back
Top Bottom