2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the touts figure if they can sell a small number of tickets at a huge markup, it doesn't matter if they are left with some unsold at the end that they have to chuck in the bin. It makes for a strange gig-going experience though, when 'sold out' venues aren't anywhere near full.

I doubt the touts really figure this stuff at all. Morrissey is unusual in that he has a huge media profile but a very slender fan-base. If you followed his profile in the music media (and the wider news media to some extent) you'd be forgiven for thinking he's one of the country's most successful pop stars - the reality is he's got the following of a middling indie band. This strategy of expensive tickets and arena shows is actually (inadvertently) a pretty good anti-tout move. Touts end up forking out for expensive tickets, and cool headed fans are able to buy them for less than face value nearer the time. It's a bit like the Stone Roses at Heaton Park. The shows officially sold out pretty much instantly with tickets being exchanged for several hundred pounds in the days that followed. The week or two before the actual dates, they weren't even going for face value.

Last edited:
Fortunate to get tickets for Aberdeen , Glasgow , Leeds and Albert Hall.

Looking forward to the gigs and road trips /cities & venues (several will be first time visits for me).

Will brighten up February & March that's for sure.

Managed to get as decent seat as goes at the Glasgow Hangar; only memory of the last time M. played there is being blinded for two thirds of the concert by the bizarre on-stage backlighting, which happened to be directed precisely at my retinas. í'm sure í was beautifully lit, but í couldn't see a shred of the stage.

Also got a pretty sweet stalls seat at the Albert, via the hilarious RAH website: tried to log in 40 minutes before onsale ~ 'Thank You. You are now in the Waiting Room. You are...2377 in the queue." Polite English CHAOS.
But it worked, eventually. Ticketmaster was just a joke, as usual.

Nowt for Dublin. Seemingly only seats Ticketmaster.ie had were the back row of blockE. Don't know who had all the rest, but it certainly wasn't TM. Kept offering me the same row for 2 hours?
í'm sure í'll pick one up in the next 3 months...

Got pretty crappy and expensive Leeds tickets... But it is only the second time I will have gone, so I am excited nonetheless! Might be far back, but the main thing is I'll get to see him live! :)

Got pretty crappy and expensive Leeds tickets... But it is only the second time I will have gone, so I am excited nonetheless! Might be far back, but the main thing is I'll get to see him live! :)

I like this post. Fair play, sir. You’ll have a fab night.

Fair play, at least you are in building. Leeds 300 level is pretty far back though. If you've got binocs bring them along. Unless Moz has the big screen like last time in Manchester. Last time in Leeds there was no big screen.

The sound is good up there. That's more important. But I sat up there one night for Stone Roses and without the screens it could have been anyone on the stage and I'd be none the wiser.

Another London Palladium show has been added.
No Facebook link as they have 'custom' share settings on their "Announce" :
20171106_170931.png

Regards,
FWD.

I'm interested in buying a ticket for the Ally Pally-show, if anyone's selling. Cheers.

I think the London Palladium has sold out now too. (only guessing)

Does anybody who has ordered tickets for the UK shows received them yet? Especially for the RAH-Show?
I´ve ordered at Viagogo and they say the tickets cannot be sent one week before the gig. That seems a little strange to me...

Does anybody who has ordered tickets for the UK shows received them yet? Especially for the RAH-Show?
I´ve ordered at Viagogo and they say the tickets cannot be sent one week before the gig. That seems a little strange to me...

Unless you buy from the venue, you’ll usually one get them 1-2 weeks before

I got tickets for the Dublin gig on the day they went on sale and was able to print the tickets instantly

So nobody received their Albert Hall tickets yet?
In Germany we get the tickets within a few days from the order...
In the UK, it is not unusual for the tickets for some shows to only be sent about 7-10 days before the gig. I think it might be intended to discourage touts by leaving them hardly any time to resell, but it clearly isn't working.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom