2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried constantly to get tickets for Brighton on the presale. Wasn't working. Phoned amazon tickets, who said "technical issue, keep trying". Kept trying. Then eventually it just said "tickets unavailable". Phone them again, and she confirms it is sold out. She said some people must have been able to buy tickets, but she didn't know how. Says try again Friday.

Why are tickets priced for differently for venues ? £72 for Leeds my nearest one, that’s ridiculous!

bought Glasgow this morning and was able to buy Aberdeen just (same amazon account)

Steve Morrissey fans - a little word of advice.
No need to panic over tickets for the UK tour.
SP Morrissey may well be a huge international cultural icon but his fan base is pretty slender - he is not a genuine arena act. A couple of years ago he announced just one single UK show at Manchester Arena, and even that didn't sell out. When he last did a mini UK arena tour virtually none of the dates sold out, many were half to two thirds full. With the hype of the new album there will be a bit more interest in him but not that much more.
Even if these dates do appear to sell out quickly, it will be mainly amateur touts at home trying to make a fast buck. As the dates get closer, the price they can get for them will come down to face value, probably a little below.
Trust me on this!

Even if these dates do appear to sell out quickly, it will be mainly amateur touts at home trying to make a fast buck. As the dates get closer, the price they can get for them will come down to face value, probably a little below.
Trust me on this!

Indeed - that's why I baulked at the £112 ticket price for the Royal Albert Hall, and decided against it. I'm sure it will 'sell out' to professional Ebay touts - fingers crossed when they can't shift the tickets for £200+ they will panic as the day arrives, and I'll be able to pick one up outside the venue for £50 or so.

Indeed - that's why I baulked at the £112 ticket price for the Royal Albert Hall, and decided against it. I'm sure it will 'sell out' to professional Ebay touts - fingers crossed when they can't shift the tickets for £200+ they will panic as the day arrives, and I'll be able to pick one up outside the venue for £50 or so.

Yep, the same thing happened at the last London shows at Hammersmith Apollo. Tickets were something ridiculous like £80 but friend and I picked some up for £30 or £40 on the night. For someone of Morrissey's cultural clout, his fan-base is deceptively small.

bought Glasgow this morning and was able to buy Aberdeen just (same amazon account)

I tried to get Aberdeen tix on the Amazon Presale but they weren't listed, so settled for Glasgow. The Aberdeen tix appeared half an hour or so later. Well pissed off about that. Anyway, I did some digging and found out both of the Scotland gigs are on Presale at http://www.gigsinscotland.com
Looks like I'm going to both now!

I tried to get Aberdeen tix on the Amazon Presale but they weren't listed, so settled for Glasgow. The Aberdeen tix appeared half an hour or so later. Well pissed off about that. Anyway, I did some digging and found out both of the Scotland gigs are on Presale at http://www.gigsinscotland.com
Looks like I'm going to both now!
good spot, though both Aberdeen and Glasgow work now on amazon

Leeds standing are back on the presale
I’ve managed to get 4 pairs for four separate venues on the presale on the one account.

'Morrissey snubs Manchester'

hmmm obviously journo not done the research, 2012, 2016?? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Just got my Dublin ticket on pre-sale! Nice!! Standing, as near the front as I can get.

I see Royal Albert Hall arena is seating this time, not standing like last time. What’s all that about? I’ve never sat at a Moz gig so am regretting buying my ticket now! At Le Grand Rex a few years ago, I had a seat but as soon as lights went down we sprinted to front....turned out to be my best gig yet! Is this likely to happen at RAH?

Just got my Dublin ticket on pre-sale! Nice!! Standing, as near the front as I can get.
Last time I saw moz at the 3arena I was on the barrier, extreme left hand side of it but good enough, hoping to get standing tickets when they go on sale tomorrow, flights and hotel already booked so here’s hoping

I see Royal Albert Hall arena is seating this time, not standing like last time. What’s all that about? I’ve never sat at a Moz gig so am regretting buying my ticket now! At Le Grand Rex a few years ago, I had a seat but as soon as lights went down we sprinted to front....turned out to be my best gig yet! Is this likely to happen at RAH?

The Albert Hall is usually about 80% seated but with a smallish standing bit by the stage. I must have seen 6 or 7 concerts there and it's always been laid out that way - would be v surprised if not the case for this one...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom