2105: David Tseng Appreciation Thread (unofficial)

I had people on here call my four-year-old a f*****. You know what you do? You use the "ignore" feature and personally weed out the "people" who solely exist to attempt to crush the souls of their fellow man. You scroll over the nastiness/ ugliness and the trolls (even the anonymous ones) and you shake off any of the things that are said or done that might upset you. It is easier than you think. Trust me. I do it every day.

The world is filled with horrible people. You can't do anything about it. They come here (presumably bc they have nothing better to do with their time?). Filters and banning won't work (nor could davidt or the moderators ever keep up with them) bc we all have different belief systems and motives, plus...free speech. It's easier to just take it into your own hands.

Stay positive and kind, too. It'll help with the dirty, uneasy, rage feeling you'll occasionally get from trolls and help refocus your energy in the right direction. :)

I was extremely disgusted by the verbal attack on your son and was shocked that it wasn't filtered. You have the right outlook in life, Eurydice. You and Fred are good folk.

I was extremely disgusted by the verbal attack on your son and was shocked that it wasn't filtered.

It wasn't filtered because neither the site owner nor his moderators have any interest in keeping the tone civil. Whom are they trying to fool? They cannot honestly think that anyone believes DavidT, when he claims that he's trying to improve the board's atmosphere, while all his efforts are obviously designed to create more traffic. The anonymous posts, the moderators who don't actually moderate but stir things up, and only censor criticism but not the worthless bullcrap, the fact that the whole forum has by now turned into one big Pigsty. Why do they even have that sub forum? It's all in the name of traffic, nothing else, and everyone knows it. Some criticise them for it, others don't, because they actually enjoy behaving like wild boars on speed, but they must be aware that everyone knows the truth, and their denial makes them either look like liars, or pretty damn stupid. They can choose what appeals to them more.

It's obvious now what your agenda is also - trying to prove your theory you know in your mind is right but you actually have no evidence and can't prove.

It wasn't filtered because neither the site owner nor his moderators have any interest in keeping the tone civil. Whom are they trying to fool? They cannot honestly think that anyone believes DavidT, when he claims that he's trying to improve the board's atmosphere, while all his efforts are obviously designed to create more traffic. The anonymous posts, the moderators who don't actually moderate but stir things up, and only censor criticism but not the worthless bullcrap, the fact that the whole forum has by now turned into one big Pigsty. Why do they even have that sub forum? It's all in the name of traffic, nothing else, and everyone knows it. Some criticise them for it, others don't, because they actually enjoy behaving like wild boars on speed, but they must be aware that everyone knows the truth, and their denial makes them either look like liars, or pretty damn stupid. They can choose what appeals to them more.

I had people on here call my four-year-old a f*****. You know what you do? You use the "ignore" feature and personally weed out the "people" who solely exist to attempt to crush the souls of their fellow man. You scroll over the nastiness/ ugliness and the trolls (even the anonymous ones) and you shake off any of the things that are said or done that might upset you. It is easier than you think. Trust me. I do it every day.

The world is filled with horrible people. You can't do anything about it. They come here (presumably bc they have nothing better to do with their time?). Filters and banning won't work (nor could davidt or the moderators ever keep up with them) bc we all have different belief systems and motives, plus...free speech. It's easier to just take it into your own hands.

Stay positive and kind, too. It'll help with the dirty, uneasy, rage feeling you'll occasionally get from trolls and help refocus your energy in the right direction. :)

You are a wise, wise woman, Eurydice. I was horrified when those comments about your son were made.

I only wish it were possible to put anonymous posters on ignore selectively/based on their IP hash, and to prevent posts from users I've put on ignore from showing up quoted in replies. Because that's not possible, I'm starting to block people who constantly engage/argue with the shit-stirrers, which does help. Because really…ain't nobody got time for that. I know it's a total internet cliché to say this, but if everyone who feels compelled to take the "broken record" posters to task would just ignore them instead, they'd go away. There's a certain kind of person who thrives on being antagonistic, and that's the kind that is really desperate for attention.

You have zero evidence for this. At all. You are making stuff up to suit your theory. Again - there is zero proof. Nothing.

Your intention to register is just voice criticism to the site administrator and the moderators, very sad indeed.
Your post does not have any hint of constructive criticism which shows your weakness.

vBulletin software upgrade in March 2012(unification of main page and forums) has been a great success.
Moderators can remove some anonymous posts which makes things better.

I do not have time to read all the anonymous posts and did not notice a post attacking Eurydice's son.

Eurydice and other users did not report the post.
She also commented that she could handle it and ignored.

Do you realise Morrissey attracts (and sometimes encourages) cowards who have nothing better than insult others online forums?

If you don't like site policy, you should create your site or go somewhere else.
You won't find a fan site which has this kind of lenient moderating policy.

This site is almost 18 years old, I don't think anyone will be able to create a site which will have such longevity.

Last edited:
It's obvious now what your agenda is also - trying to prove your theory you know in your mind is right but you actually have no evidence and can't prove.

You have zero evidence for this. At all. You are making stuff up to suit your theory. Again - there is zero proof. Nothing.

Excuse me? Proof is here in the thread, if you can be bothered to read my posts again. I knew you'd ignore it so I'm not surprised.

Your intention to register is just voice criticism to the site administrator and the moderators, very sad indeed.
Your post does not have any hint of constructive criticism which shows your weakness.

Do you think plain denial of facts makes you look smart?

Excuse me? Proof is here in the thread, if you can be bothered to read my posts again. I knew you'd ignore it so I'm not surprised.

Can you give us a proof / example of how David designed to create more traffic to the site?

You cannot give a specific proof / example, just stop replying here.

If an anonymous user attempted to post an off-topic comment which would be deleted, as simple as that.

Thanks. I see a post where a registered user suggested the kid was 'gay' but didn't use the term 'f*****'.

The comment about a 4-year-old needing gender reassignment surgery is the one I thought was particularly egregious, with or without the word "f*****." That said, I'm not sure Eurydice or Fred really want to relive the entire thing at this point. So…

Can you give us a proof / example of how David designed to create more traffic to the site?

I'm going to repeat my arguments:

- The fact that anonymous postings are possible, while the moderators who approve the posts clearly don't obey David's guidelines. Proof: The concert threads are full of off-topic, and I read a lot of worthless bullcrap (see my first post in this thread), while my opinion, which was formulated in a civilised manner, got censored in exactly this thread, obviously because it contained critique.

- The fact that moderators don't moderate, but stir things up. Proof: Skinny's posts

- The fact that registered users don't actually get banned for trolling

Here's how to improve the site's climate (I'm being constructive):

- Ban anonymous posts. Free speech wouldn't be affected by that

- Find moderators who understand their job description

- Ban registered users who repeatedly abuse other users

You're invited to reply to any issue that you can present an actual argument about. Simply claiming that my arguments are not valid is worthless, if you can't give a reason.

I love when people that post they want anonymous posts banned when they have been posting anonymously.

Your previous anonymous post wasn't 'censored', it just took a while to get approved, but you were likely in a rush to prove your agenda so you overlooked that.

Most of the posts that are considered off-topic are those that are replying to users that were debating something on-topic (such as most of this thread), so there is a bit of a gray area.

I'm going to repeat my arguments:

- The fact that anonymous postings are possible, while the moderators who approve the posts clearly don't obey David's guidelines. Proof: The concert threads are full of off-topic, and I read a lot of worthless bullcrap (see my first post in this thread), while my opinion, which was formulated in a civilised manner, got censored in exactly this thread, obviously because it contained critique.

- The fact that moderators don't moderate, but stir things up. Proof: Skinny's posts

- The fact that registered users don't actually get banned for trolling

Here's how to improve the site's climate (I'm being constructive):

- Ban anonymous posts. Free speech wouldn't be affected by that

- Find moderators who understand their job description

- Ban registered users who repeatedly abuse other users

You're invited to reply to any issue that you can present an actual argument about. Simply claiming that my arguments are not valid is worthless, if you can't give a reason.

Last edited:
I didn't see that, do you recall what thread that was in so I can take a look?

When I went to reference the exact words he/she used, I couldn't find them (it had to do with my son being gay because he watches a cartoon with ponies in it and how I should be ashamed of myself...something along those lines...which is always nice for any parent to hear from a stranger). I am unsure if it's because I have the offending parties on my ignore list or if he/she went back and maybe deleted them. I could be wrong. It was in the project thread at first, but I think it then was moved to the off-fight thread. It's done. It's over. They haven't really been on here lately anyway. Again, it's just easier to skip the nasty comments and move along. That's what I've been doing. Feels great. :)

When I went to reference the exact words he/she used, I couldn't find them (it had to do with my son being gay because he watches a cartoon with ponies in it and how I should be ashamed of myself...something along those lines...which is always nice for any parent to hear from a stranger). I am unsure if it's because I have the offending parties on my ignore list or if he/she went back and maybe deleted them. I could be wrong. It was in the project thread at first, but I think it then was moved to the off-fight thread. It's done. It's over. They haven't really been on here lately anyway. Again, it's just easier to skip the nasty comments and move along. That's what I've been doing. Feels great. :)

That's the way. Block out the unpleasantness, get on with life, on your own terms.

P.

Good attitude! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom