2nd Irish Date rumoured for 28th June

wend1brindle

Last edited:
Jim always seems to get his gig predictions right though. It's almost as if he makes it his mission to get the news right and correct before Hot Press magazine. He was right about the recently announced Tom Waits dates for instance. Here's hoping!!!!

aarghhhhhhhhhhhh.........
now i'll need to go 'research' that awful irish rail site again.,. :mad:

whats the betting we'll get a dublin one too? that would be good then it would be worth heading that way, gotta be easier to get to than Cork.
(and yes im still sulking about that :rolleyes:)

Can't see Dublin happening. Olympia is a different promoter's venue (MCD) and Aiken Promotions know that a big gig in Dublin will effect crowd size at any other Irish gig.

aarghhhhhhhhhhhh.........
now i'll need to go 'research' that awful irish rail site again.,. :mad:

whats the betting we'll get a dublin one too? that would be good then it would be worth heading that way, gotta be easier to get to than Cork.
(and yes im still sulking about that :rolleyes:)

Lottie, did you look into the buses from Dublin? I was there a number of years ago and took a bus to Galway and then to another very small seaside town after that. There might be a bus that gets you to Cork from Dublin?

Hey Ghosty, can you confirm this???

Lottie, did you look into the buses from Dublin? I was there a number of years ago and took a bus to Galway and then to another very small seaside town after that. There might be a bus that gets you to Cork from Dublin

lottie - research is easy - Train leaves on the hour every hour from Dublin arrives in Cork 2hr and 45 minutes later. Costs about €65. But you're right irishrail.ie is an awful website

Bus will be considerably cheaper (around €20) but will be a nighmare 5 hour journey.

P

Wicklow is just "next-door" to Dublin and is very accessible by bus and train. Alternatively, Cork is 90 minutes by road (lots of buses and trains) from Limerick which is just 15 miles from Shannon Airport. Ryanair do lots of flights to Shannon (30 in total). So there are lots of options.

Punky:guitar:

I don't have a clue where Wicklow is (or Dublin for that matter) but in January he played Sunderland and Doncaster and they're fairly close together.

The UK population wise is about 12 times bigger than Ireland. It just wouldn't make sense I think to have a gig in Wicklow and one in Dublin, which are about 42 km apart from each other.
I hope I'm wrong, though:)

Lottie, did you look into the buses from Dublin? I was there a number of years ago and took a bus to Galway and then to another very small seaside town after that. There might be a bus that gets you to Cork from Dublin?

Hey Ghosty, can you confirm this???

lottie - research is easy - Train leaves on the hour every hour from Dublin arrives in Cork 2hr and 45 minutes later. Costs about €65. But you're right irishrail.ie is an awful website

Bus will be considerably cheaper (around €20) but will be a nighmare 5 hour journey.

P

thanks guys, but the ferry near me goes to rosslare, and there is a bus but as you said nightmare longggg journey and the times dont fit together too well.
there was a ferry from swansea to cork, but they seem to have stopped it, mores the pity, because it would actually be easier to get bus/trian to swansea and the go across...
oh well.. :(

If this one goes ahead, will you be able to make it?
Hope so!

Yep

Definitely could make this one. I have my doubts about this gig taking place though. Cork ticket sales will be dented severly if this gig happens. Either way I hope there is an official announcement or denouncement of this gig over the next couple of days. Very unusual place for a gig. :confused:

cossy

Yep

Definitely could make this one. I have my doubts about this gig taking place though. Cork ticket sales will be dented severly if this gig happens. Either way I hope there is an official announcement or denouncement of this gig over the next couple of days. Very unusual place for a gig. :confused:

cossy

Lux here, live from Dublin!
This Wicklow one has me stumped too. Very strange place for a gig.
I'm up early on Thursday to get tickets for Cork.....hopefully!

ok, so now i may be coming to cork and hopefully this one...
where exactly is LUggaga and is it a town or what? what do peeps with no vehicles do about getting there and accomadation etc?
help please my irish friends... :)

Back
Top Bottom