40th anniv, petition Johnny Marr to send Morrissey a song

Hello there

With The Smiths 40th anniversary next year, here is a fan petition in hope for Johnny to send Morrissey a new song.

Is the 1 million target too high? The wrong picture perhaps? Any advice on modifying the text would be nice too.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/264/987/633/please-johnny-marr-send-morrisey-a-new-song/

Have a nice Weekend.

Johnny's politics ain't the same as Morrissey's.

Marr and Morrissey will never enter into business with each other ever again.

And considering that Morrissey wrote the lyrics, I doubt Marr would send Morrissey a new song.

Song's can be instrumental too.

would you rather see another word or other words?

Either way, with this poor response from the fans, so far, I doubt it will get anywhere.

We need 500 thousand times this effort, as we only have 2 signings. lol

He already did... It's called "Good-looking Marr about town".

I think it's about how Morrissey can't have him, or something. :p

Photo is okay, but 3 supporters? I believe we do have a long way to go. Post think link on social media perhaps.

Johnny's politics ain't the same as Morrissey's.

Marr and Morrissey will never enter into business with each other ever again.

And considering that Morrissey wrote the lyrics, I doubt Marr would send Morrissey a new song.

The only real difference is that Johnny believes in saying generic faux left-wing things that make you popular in the moment & Morrissey believes in pointing out all the problems & double standards that get you into trouble but turn out to be real issues.

But, no Johnny won't enter into business with Morrissey until he's got social cachet again & when that happens Morrissey will be better off working with the people who stuck by him.

I don't have anything against someone avoiding flack - but I think it makes working together unworkable.

Vauxhall Tavern is up for sale with James Lindsay as a tenant.

Moz could buy it ( :pray: ), be surrounded by drag queens & do a gig on the last Saturday of the month.

It would be great.

When he's sick of the road.

download (7).jpeg

image.jpg

think johnboy could do with M sending him a tune.

The only real difference is that Johnny believes in saying generic faux left-wing things that make you popular in the moment & Morrissey believes in pointing out all the problems & double standards that get you into trouble but turn out to be real issues.

But, no Johnny won't enter into business with Morrissey until he's got social cachet again & when that happens Morrissey will be better off working with the people who stuck by him.

I don't have anything against someone avoiding flack - but I think it makes working together unworkable.

I think you mean Johnny's sincerely held beliefs which he's never wavered from since being a teenager. Morrissey isn't the only one who says what he believes. That they both spoke what they saw as the truth out loud was what attracted them to each other in the first place. This is what made the Smiths great. What they see as the truth now is where they diverge.

I think you mean Johnny's sincerely held beliefs which he's never wavered from since being a teenager. Morrissey isn't the only one who says what he believes. That they both spoke what they saw as the truth out loud was what attracted them to each other in the first place. This is what made the Smiths great. What they see as the truth now is where they diverge.

No, I don't mean that.

Marr's said nothing of any political significance in his entire career. Platitudes & sucking up to the in-crowd.

Which I approve of... in general.

He's like Woody Allen's observation about the industry people who turned on him after 30 years of ignoring the same testimony that by God! they're against child molestation and they don't care who knows it!

Last edited by a moderator:
🧐

FFS there is no demand for Le:frogface: sucky songs.:blushing:
perhaps the best option for the tiny twat is for him to find work.🧐

So what happens if Johnny gives in to the demands of the petition and produces a song that lyrically the original petitioner doesn't like because Johnny calls Morrissey out on a few issues?
Be careful what you wish for.....

So what happens if Johnny gives in to the demands of the petition and produces a song that lyrically the original petitioner doesn't like because Johnny calls Morrissey out on a few issues?
Be careful what you wish for.....

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: can barely write lyrics:hammer:

No, I don't mean that.

Marr's said nothing of any political significance in his entire career. Platitudes & sucking up to the in-crowd.

Which I approve of... in general.

He's like Woody Allen's observation about the industry people who turned on him after 30 years of ignoring the same testimony that by God! they're against child molestation and they don't care who knows it!

Obviously, you know nothing about the Smiths!

4 supporters so far. I reckon if it gets to 10 people, Johnny and Moz will pretty much be obligated to write a new song together, just to please all the fans. :thumb:

I thought the petition was that J Marr knocks on Morrissey's door again. Just to close the circle. It would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom