_

Friday is an odd day to release. Loads of potential buyers will be at work and the unemployable ebay louts will buy and re-sell them at extortionate prices.

The date on back is 2017 ...
3 instrumentals on 12" , I keep mine hidden on flip of 7" picture disc

Music tends to be released on Fridays as part of a restructure that acknowledges 'Global Release Day' which is a worldwide standard for releasing music (since 2015). This probably bodes well for people wanting to buy it as the HMV vinyl week is in store (it will be easier to buy if it isn't part of that event). That said, HMV B'ham and London still have no idea about it and it hasn't shown on their system (both rang twice in 2 days). Other indie record shops, however, have hinted they will carry it.
As for dates, the issue that caused a problem is that the vinyl matrix number in the dead wax is 12QID2016 and the packaging is 12QID2017.
It's clear that it was due for release last year and would be appropriate for the 30th year anniversary being recognised - 31st year celebrations just sound daft imho.
I suspect the matrix and packaging won't match on these records either.
I feel sorry for the person who paid £180 on ebay.
Regards,
FWD.
Still hoping for a reasonable explanation for I Keep Mine Hidden being on the 7" as it's completely out of place. Time might tell.

Last edited:
Music tends to be released on Fridays as part of a restructure that acknowledges 'Global Release Day' which is a worldwide standard for releasing music (since 2015). This probably bodes well for people wanting to buy it as the HMV vinyl week is in store (it will be easier to buy if it isn't part of that event). That said, HMV B'ham and London still have no idea about it and it hasn't shown on their system (both rang twice in 2 days). Other indie record shops, however, have hinted they will carry it.
As for dates, the issue that caused a problem is that the vinyl matrix number in the dead wax is 12QID2016 and the packaging is 12QID2017.
It's clear that it was due for release last year and would be appropriate for the 30th year anniversary being recognised - 31st year celebrations just sound daft imho.
I suspect the matrix and packaging won't match on these records either.
I feel sorry for the person who paid £180 on ebay.
Regards,
FWD.
Still hoping for a reasonable explanation for I Keep Mine Hidden being on the 7" as it completely out of place. Time might tell.

'Still hoping for a reasonable explanation for I Keep Mine Hidden being on the 7"'

because it's a lovely little romp of a tune, and the last that Johnny
wrote with M, can this be a sign? ;)

'Still hoping for a reasonable explanation for I Keep Mine Hidden being on the 7"'

because it's a lovely little romp of a tune, and the last that Johnny
wrote with M, can this be a sign? ;)

But didn't Johnny Marr say he disliked it? Same as with " Work Is A Four-letter-word? I remember it even was given as the so-called reason for musical differences between them as an explanation for the split.

Mind you, I do like "I Keep Mine Hidden" a lot.
Even the live version of the BBC2 radio show.
And, wasn't it supposed to be about Johnny Marr?
Questions, questions, we will never know.

But didn't Johnny Marr say he disliked it? Same as with " Work Is A Four-letter-word? I remember it even was given as the so-called reason for musical differences between them as an explanation for the split.

Mind you, I do like "I Keep Mine Hidden" a lot.
Even the live version of the BBC2 radio show.
And, wasn't it supposed to be about Johnny Marr?
Questions, questions, we will never know.

don't think Marr said he disliked 'I Keep' , well not in his book(if I'm remembering correctly). Yes he didn't like 'Work Is' or maybe more accurately, he didn't like that the other 3 got together and told him he had to go back into the studio to record two covers which he didn't want to do, since they just finished the grind of recording Strangeways, and he had plans to finally go on a honeymoon with his wife. He felt that around this time there was a strange power struggle which was just one of the things that led to the split, the other problem was the band deciding on a manager. This is my take from what I read in his book, and it is also Marr's side of the story.

Still hoping for a reasonable explanation for I Keep Mine Hidden being on the 7" as it's completely out of place. Time might tell.

For those who bought this when it sneaked out a couple of months ago, can anyone confirm which version of 'I Keep Mine Hidden' is on the record? Is it the original 1987 version, or the new mix that Johnny put out in 2011? If it's this one, then it hasn't had a mass release, as that version only came out as part of the super limited and expensive 'Complete' boxset - and even the vinyl rip that was posted to youtube has been deleted by Warners, so it's pretty rare.

For those who bought this when it sneaked out a couple of months ago, can anyone confirm which version of 'I Keep Mine Hidden' is on the record? Is it the original 1987 version, or the new mix that Johnny put out in 2011? If it's this one, then it hasn't had a mass release, as that version only came out as part of the super limited and expensive 'Complete' boxset - and even the vinyl rip that was posted to youtube has been deleted by Warners, so it's pretty rare.
I appreciate the rarity of the redux track.
The point really is about context.
If this was a record to celebrate the 30th year of QID, then including IKMH is just plain odd regardless of which version.
Regards,
FWD.

Is this definitely still being released on Friday? HMV still don't seem to have any information available about it

Not part of the hmv exclusive range - which are now all announced- and no mention on their website .
No idea how this will be released other than a normal issue on Friday across the board?

Yes,
the last of the 'special' releases announced earlier:
http://www.hmv.com/music/hmv-vinyl-week-exclusive-vinyl-editions-final-reveal
No Smiths anywhere - although most of The Smiths & Moz vinyl is on sale at the mo.
HMV B'ham & London still have no listing for a Friday release either...
Regards,
FWD.
NB: the release date is exactly 31 years to the day if it emerges this Friday 16th despite probably being a year late.

Last edited:
Really wish a Stephen Street album would happen. It's not that Joe Chiccarelli can't make a great album, he can. What made Streety so invaluable is he helped write the MUSIC. He wrote the music for 'Every Day...' and helped guide Moz musically to create the amazing Viva Hate. Your Arsenal was fantastic because Mick Ronson helped write the music. Moz doesn't need a producer who can record great snare sounds and get a killer sound out of a Turbo Rat pedal. There's a reason everyone heads to the snack bar during 'Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice' while everyone loses their sh$& when Moz performs EDILS. It's a great song, co-written by a great Producer.
Ronson didn't write anything on YA.

Isn't the version of I Keep Mine Hidden on iTunes and the HMV site the 2011 version? You can download individual tracks from Complete.

Is this definitely still being released on Friday? HMV still don't seem to have any information available about it

I just got confirmation that my local Independent record store : Music Zone, Douglas, Cork, Ireland will have both formats for sale tomorrow afternoon.

I asked in my local HMV earlier and they seemed to only be getting the 12" single in, and not the picture disc, which seems unusual.

Isn't the version of I Keep Mine Hidden on iTunes and the HMV site the 2011 version? You can download individual tracks from Complete.

You got download codes with the 'Complete' box set, but the download turned out to be the old version of 'I Keep Mine Hidden' - on vinyl it was a totally different version.

Tags
12" vinyl boz boorer the queen is dead the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom