_

Picked up mine this afternoon at my local vinyl mporium ~ 12 inch, 7 inch picture disc with 'I Keep Mine Hidden'. Looks same as the Hungarian one, or wherever it was. No 'etc'...

Haven't opened (yet), so no idea if any Matrix message.

Queer release. As in...pourquoi? o_O

As for 'I Keep Mine Hidden' reasons, all i recall is that in the immediate pained aftermath of The Split, Morrissey singled this track out as his favourite song in the canon, seemingly as it was the last ever song Marr and he wrote/recorded together. Goddard will probably nitpick, but it was good enough for Moz at the time. {KROQ radio interview with Dick Blade, February 1990}

Just bought mine in HMV - 12" was £12.99, and the 7" was 9.99 (£23 for the pair - yikes!). The guy behind the counter said they had them in stock for the last week, but for some mysterious reason they were forbidden to tell anyone about them, as it was supposed to be some kind of 'secret release'.

Also, just to confirm now I've heard it, the version of 'I Keep Mine Hidden' is the bog-standard original 87 version, not the alternate (and frankly far superior) version from 2011, so if you want that you'll still need to track down the 'Complete' box set. I'm still wondering if that was a deliberate move by Johnny, or if it was released in error, the same as a Troy Tate version was mistakenly labelled as being a Peel session.

Tags
12" vinyl boz boorer the queen is dead the smiths
Back
Top Bottom