A lovely old Morrissey postcard from 1985 presumably

42094_42079_IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a Spanish TV show called "La Edad de Oro" (obviously named after the film by Buñuel)... and it was extremely focused on avant-garde art and very controversial artists, with a special interest in the artists associated with Industrial Records (i.e, Psychic TV, S.P.K., Cabaret Voltaire and Vagina Dentata Organ had played there).

So the whole atmosphere of the show itself was very "avant-garde" and probably The Smiths didn't really fit there.

The TV show was cancelled after a big controversy about a performance by Jordi Valis (Vagina Dentata Organ) because it mocked the Catholic mass, but he also destroyed three paintings by Fracesc Casadelmont (1923-2007), a painter that was somehow famous in Spain because of his somehow impressionist landscapes... and since it was a TV show that was broadcasted on the Spanish public TV (TVE), the political authorities decided to cancel it after some months (aa bit more than 4 months actually).

Probably the style of the show was a bit too weird for Morrissey and Marr; and Marr was probably thinking "What the hell are we doing here?" (but that's my guess).

that performance ! :lbf:

this was a kids morning show too wasn't it ? :D;)

that performance ! :lbf:
this was a kids morning show too wasn't it ? :D;)

Hahaha... I guess not!

But it was SO fantastic!!!!!!

How many times can you see on TV an interview to Jordi Valis, Genesis and Derek Jarman???? (sadly they dubbed their answers, so it's mostly for Spanish speakers)

And they also had other interesting artists too:

I don't really like TV (unless it's Psychic TV), but I guess TV can't get better than that!!!!

Now you have to tell me where I can read your work, the follow ups to one of the so low was witty, and I found to be, Hilarious. Stealing a couple lines such as "then a lunatic showed up and became upset.LOL. Your insanity is beyond my comprehension was a nice finish as well...Loved it, want more!

you can PM message on here....trust me look at how often I post on here....Im not interested in the crimes committed against you. well I am thats a lie, sounds eerily fascinating, I mean Im not interested in posting it on a forum if you can trust enough to send me a message

I do not get what the hell is pissing you off.
I simply saw Morrissey's postcard without a stamp and I remembered a very similar one I got from an English writer... It didn't make much sense to me that he was replying on a postcard because I needed a copyright permission and most writers are very cautious when it comes to their intellectual property (though I received a postcard inside an envelope that mostly said: "you have my permission to do whatever you want, just show me the results and good luck").

So I saw the Morrissey postcard and I dd not find it specially strange that it has no stamp and this other postcard by an English writer came to my mind... then a lunatic who goes under the name "blue eyed loco man" showed up and became very upset.

Other than that, I've had some troubles with some psychopath assholes who are probably NOT on this forum, but at some given point they were spending 25 hours a day harassing me, taking turns at the door of my house, threatening my life, etc... a very undesirable situation that forced me hire a team of lawyers, live with a permanent custody for quite a long time, ask the police to tape my phone for several months, etc... So I've learnt how to avoid mentioning some things that would be easy to find by using google, because one thing is an idiot like you making awkward comments and something different is a group of psychopaths who have no limits. SADLY I have to be cautious and I wish I didn't need to be cautious.

So... seeing this postcard brought me memories and I simply commented them... and explained why I did not find it strange that there was no address or stamp on the postcard.

Your insanity is beyond my comprehension.

Now you have to tell me where I can read your work,

-In books published in Spanish, others in English, others in French, others in Italian and there is one Pole translation too (which I have not been able to read).
-In academic and non-academic publications in Spanish, English and Catalan.
-In the catalogue of some exhibitions.
-In some websites.
... Or you can read me on this forum.

the follow ups to one of the so low was witty, and I found to be, Hilarious. Stealing a couple lines such as "then a lunatic showed up and became upset.LOL. Your insanity is beyond my comprehension was a nice finish as well...Loved it, want more!

O.K...

you can PM message on here....trust me look at how often I post on here....Im not interested in the crimes committed against you. well I am thats a lie, sounds eerily fascinating,

I'm not really interested in those events, nor there's anything fascinating or interesting about them.

I mean Im not interested in posting it on a forum if you can trust enough to send me a message

BELM, get a life mate. Understand the dynamics of forums and find something better to do with your life. There are better things to do in life you know. Stupid petty comments like this that attack people for no reason make you look like a total boring unhappy loser. You seem to know how to write, why don’t you write something creative and positive and get on with your life. Evolve!

Yeah, because we're all just dying to find out your true identity.

Here's another idea: you just could have not mentioned writing to an English writer at all, if you were so concerned about the legion of sleuths on this website uniting the dots in their relentless determination to track 'Oh My' down.

Then you wouldn't have had to avoid mentioning the author's name either, because you'd have just skipped over this comment thread and nobody here ever would have known that you once sent a letter to an English writer. But no....

It was too important, you had to let us know about the letter writing, just not to whom, in case someone put 2 and 2 together regarding this information that you're supplying on an online forum voluntarily.

Back
Top Bottom