A lovely old Morrissey postcard from 1985 presumably

42094_42079_IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how did this person receive a postcard from mozz when theres no stamp on it.mozz tighter than two coats of paint.

There's no address on the card itself, which makes itself think it was mailed inside an envelope.

There's no address on the card itself, which makes itself think it was mailed inside an envelope.

Yes. Some 20 years ago I wrote to a somehow famous English writer (it was not "fan mail", I needed some copyright permissions from him), he replied writing on a postcard, but mailed it inside an envelope. In his case, the postcard was a promo-postcard that his English publisher had done for him and on the other side it simply had a photo of the cover of his latest book.

It must be an English thing!

Yes. Some 20 years ago I wrote to a somehow famous English writer (it was not "fan mail", I needed some copyright permissions from him), he replied writing on a postcard, but mailed it inside an envelope. In his case, the postcard was a promo-postcard that his English publisher had done for him and on the other side it simply had a photo of the cover of his latest book.

It must be an English thing!

Nice job trying to make yourself seem more important by cryptically not giving the author's name in what is otherwise a fairly bland and pointless anecdote.

Nice job trying to make yourself seem more important by cryptically not giving the author's name in what is otherwise a fairly bland and pointless anecdote.

What I said does not make me "important"...
I needed a specific copyright permission from an English writer, I wrote a letter to him explaining the whole situation and I got a reply written on a postcard, but it was sent inside an envelope. I have no idea of how such thing makes me "important".

I willingly avoided mentioning who is the author because I do not want some people to "unite the dots" and find out some things.... Because I've had big problems with certain people I know.

Edit: thanks for passing by just to insult me. :crazy:

Last edited:
What I said does not make me "important"...
I needed a specific copyright permission from an English writer, I wrote a letter for him explaining the whole situation and I got a reply written on a postcard, but it was sent inside an envelope. I have no idea of how such thing makes me "important".

I willingly avoided mentioning who is the author because I do not want some people to "unite the dots" and find out some things.... Because I've had big problems with certain people I know.

Yeah, because we're all just dying to find out your true identity.

Here's another idea: you just could have not mentioned writing to an English writer at all, if you were so concerned about the legion of sleuths on this website uniting the dots in their relentless determination to track 'Oh My' down.

Then you wouldn't have had to avoid mentioning the author's name either, because you'd have just skipped over this comment thread and nobody here ever would have known that you once sent a letter to an English writer. But no....

It was too important, you had to let us know about the letter writing, just not to whom, in case someone put 2 and 2 together regarding this information that you're supplying on an online forum voluntarily.

He was known for leaving postcards where the recipient would be sure to receive them and sometimes just handing them directly to the person instead of just verbally communicating at that point. Hell, wasn't Rourke even fired from the band by receiving a note on his windscreen (Moz' denial of this is, like most of his denials, meaningless).

He was known for leaving postcards where the recipient would be sure to receive them and sometimes just handing them directly to the person instead of just verbally communicating at that point. Hell, wasn't Rourke even fired from the band by receiving a note on his windscreen (Moz' denial of this is, like most of his denials, meaningless).

Maybe, but I think the postcard-in-an-envelope explanation is more likely. After all, once you're a famous pop star, there probably starts to be a reasonable chance that your postcards won't reach their destination if you just send them to be passed hand-to-hand through the postal system.

Yeah, because we're all just dying to find out your true identity.

Here's another idea: you just could have not mentioned writing to an English writer at all, if you were so concerned about the legion of sleuths on this website uniting the dots in their relentless determination to track 'Oh My' down.

Then you wouldn't have had to avoid mentioning the author's name either, because you'd have just skipped over this comment thread and nobody here ever would have known that you once sent a letter to an English writer. But no....

It was too important, you had to let us know about the letter writing, just not to whom, in case someone put 2 and 2 together regarding this information that you're supplying on an online forum voluntarily.

I do not get what the hell is pissing you off.
I simply saw Morrissey's postcard without a stamp and I remembered a very similar one I got from an English writer... It didn't make much sense to me that he was replying on a postcard because I needed a copyright permission and most writers are very cautious when it comes to their intellectual property (though I received a postcard inside an envelope that mostly said: "you have my permission to do whatever you want, just show me the results and good luck").

So I saw the Morrissey postcard and I dd not find it specially strange that it has no stamp and this other postcard by an English writer came to my mind... then a lunatic who goes under the name "blue eyed loco man" showed up and became very upset.

Other than that, I've had some troubles with some psychopath assholes who are probably NOT on this forum, but at some given point they were spending 25 hours a day harassing me, taking turns at the door of my house, threatening my life, etc... a very undesirable situation that forced me hire a team of lawyers, live with a permanent custody for quite a long time, ask the police to tape my phone for several months, etc... So I've learnt how to avoid mentioning some things that would be easy to find by using google, because one thing is an idiot like you making awkward comments and something different is a group of psychopaths who have no limits. SADLY I have to be cautious and I wish I didn't need to be cautious.

So... seeing this postcard brought me memories and I simply commented them... and explained why I did not find it strange that there was no address or stamp on the postcard.

Your insanity is beyond my comprehension.

Yes, I would say that putting a postcard in an envelope is certainly not atypical in the U.K.

I wrote to a high profile figure some time ago and she replied in this way. I guess because it keeps the contents private and yet also includes the postcard which has some link to the famous name.

Huh, you'd almost think people just post to this forum so they can get into arguments.

By the way, I think it's a lovely and revealing message on the postcard. Maybe some wishful thinking, maybe some projection, maybe some truth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom