A new compilation album 'Swords'

Re: So, a new compilation album 'Swords'

It's been far too long since the last Morrissey compilation, so this one is well overdue! Must be at least a year since the greatest hits.

Let's hope for some unreleased tracks and some nice linear notes. At least some of the vinyl only b-sides will see the light of day on CD now. Reasons to be cheerful? We just need the live at the hollywood bowl dvd to complete the package now...

Oh yes, we all need a live DVD. Fingers crossed....
Cheers Moz

I wish he would at least play some of these B-Sides live..Shame is the Name, My Dearest Love and Children in Pieces are all fantastic and deserve a spot in the setlist.

I remember the first week posting here;
someone told me Rule No. 3 was never to quote
"Paint A Vulgar Picture."

I'd also count Easy to Get. There's about 12 pretty good (or better) songs in that lot, so 18 seems to be pushing it a bit!
Still, I'm looking forward to it. The initial Quarry b-sides were excellent.
There's a small chance we'll get another couple of b-sides off another YOR single and maybe Home is a Question as others have speculated.

I too wonder about I'm Playing Easy To Get or Home or so forth being included but it is being marketed as a b-side album, not a rarities thing.

I also wonder if this release is the reason for the lack of new original b-sides on the last single...

I'd love to see You Say you don't Love Me in it. I thought it sounded brilliant live last year. Too bad he's not doing it anymore.

I'd love to see You Say you don't Love Me in it. I thought it sounded brilliant live last year. Too bad he's not doing it anymore.

I think that would be a great inclusion, it was a nice suprise to hear it come into the set-lists and one of those rare, random treats he has thrown in like Drive in Saturday, Nothing Rhymed etc.
I sincerely hope that there is some form of new track or at the least unreleased to CD songs, something to really make it worth getting. I know I will buy it either way, but I would love the inclusion of the vinyl only tracks and in a perfect situation a couple of new tracks, although that is unlikely I would think...

I cant wait for this one since I can not afford to buy all the singles, albums only for me.

Another f***ing waste of time. It's quite tragic when people are getting excited about what the liner notes/artwork could be and not the content. Shan't be buying and am a little surprised that anyone is excited about this. Is it because he announced it himself? Get the impression that everyone's so in awe of him that had this been announced by the label there would've been a much less positive reaction.

Whatever way you look at this it's nothing but cashing in on devotion yet again.

Count my money out of this...

Another f***ing waste of time. It's quite tragic when people are getting excited about what the liner notes/artwork could be and not the content. Shan't be buying and am a little surprised that anyone is excited about this. Is it because he announced it himself? Get the impression that everyone's so in awe of him that had this been announced by the label there would've been a much less positive reaction.

Whatever way you look at this it's nothing but cashing in on devotion yet again.

so don't buy it...?

But what's the difference between this and Hatful of Hollow or The World Won't Listen or Bona Drag or My Early Burglary Years...? In 3/5/10 years time any new fans won't have the singles with these b-sides on, but... they'll have this album.

This is the modern day equivalent of those great compilations and I am thoroughly looking forward to it.

"Besides Luxembourg and beyond, I am excited about the October release of Swords, which is an 18-track compilation of b-side of singles from the last three albums. This will be a Polydor release."

Peter

source?

I can't wait to buy the new B-Sides Collection, as it has mentioned already, some of these gems are simply wonderful tunes, his best songs in most cases, very exciting news, :guitar:

Welcome back Moz, :cool:

hmmmmmm

:rolleyes:
Have you actually read Morrissey's message 'We Will Resume' which has been posted

facebook
myspace
true-to-you.net
itsmorrisseysworld.com
(some of us registered to itsmorrisseysworld.com got a newsletter as well)
SeeTickets also added the message when you go to their Morrissey section

Solo's mainpage and two threads in Tour forum and General Discussion yesterday?

Last edited:
Re: hmmmmmm

:rolleyes:
Have you actually read Morrissey's message 'We Will Resume' which has been posted

facebook
myspace
true-to-you.net
itsmorrisseysworld.com
(some of us registered to itsmorrisseysworld.com got a newsletter as well)
SeeTickets also added the message when you go to their Morrissey section

Solo's mainpage and two threads in Tour forum and General Discussion yesterday?

I only read half of the letter yesterday...:blushing:

thanks Kewpíe :thumb:

I can't wait to buy the new B-Sides Collection, as it has mentioned already, some of these gems are simply wonderful tunes, his best songs in most cases, very exciting news, :guitar:

Welcome back Moz, :cool:

Where's he been? :p

So what you're saying is you're surprised by tragedy? :D
Or you're surprised that someone has a different opinion than you? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom