Abortion

If I could rewind time, I'd look into that idea. At the time, it wasn't an option I was aware of. Life in the fast lane. Horrible people I desperately wanted to sever ties with.
Fair play, everybody has their own story & I appreciate things can be easier said than done. I’d never judge you.

🤒

poor babies yes, lowlife :turban: terrorists no.:mad:
thats the skinny bot way.:blushing:

If I could rewind time, I'd look into that idea. At the time, it wasn't an option I was aware of. Life in the fast lane. Horrible people I desperately wanted to sever ties with.
It's curious that if you could rewind time then that's what you'd do, as opposed to oh.... choosing a different lifestyle. See this is what I mean. Take some Damn responsibility for the path you chose. Life is not nothing to be done away with at your will. There are ways to avoid getting knocked up by people you loathe. It's curious that I don't know ANYONE like the people you are forever describing. I bet they all died of corona virus too!

Last edited:
What you are actually saying is that you are in favour of abortion but you reserve the right to disapprove of some of the women seeking one, presumably by virtue of their class, status, lifestyle etc?
Where in my post do you get that from. I think you're doing a whole lot of baseless inferring, boy.

It's curious that if you could rewind time then that's what you'd do, as opposed to oh.... choosing a different lifestyle. See this is what I mean. Take some Damn responsibility for the path you chose. Life is not nothing to be done away with at your will. There are ways to avoid getting knocked up by people you loathe. It's curious that I don't know ANYONE like the people you are forever describing. I bet they all died of corona virus too!
You didn't have the upbringing I did. That's why I was perfect prey for sadists.

For once, I have to agree with you

Yeah, the path chose you.:crazy:
Young vulnerable girls do end up in bad situations, groomed by guys who shower them with gifts & make them feel good, before getting them addicted to drugs & pimping them out to their mates. This happened a lot in Manchester & Newcastle with Muslim sex gangs but the police were too shit scared to do anything in case the lunatic left started screaming 'racism'.

Of course, it's all been 'stopped' now & 'lessons will be learnt'.

Yeah, right.

Young vulnerable girls do end up in bad situations, groomed by guys who shower them with gifts & make them feel good, before getting them addicted to drugs & pimping them out to their mates. This happened a lot in Manchester & Newcastle with Muslim sex gangs but the police were too shit scared to do anything in case the lunatic left started screaming 'racism'.

Of course, it's all been 'stopped' now & 'lessons will be learnt'.

Yeah, right.
I was pimped out at 12 by a 16 year old girl. At least she said she was 16. She picked me up during a home economics class break. She smiled, and I went with her because I was a lonely kid being wharehoused in a group home full of older girls who ignored me. The group home parents treated me like wheat they were growing, not someone who needed love and guidance. This was in Montreal. Carrie smiled and asked if I wanted to go to Toronto with her. Her smile was all it took for me to fall for it. We hitchhiked to Toronto, where she commanded me to have sex with much older men. I'll spare you the details, unless you want to read the thread here called Dear Ladies of Solo. I'll grab the link...

Sorry to hear your story, I'm going to bed now so I'll read it tomorrow (today)😟
I'm happy these days. I'm being treated well nowadays. No abusive relationships anymore, just respectful appreciative ones.

Last edited:
Okay. Well in a situation like that I think it's okay.
It'll never be okay, but it was what I felt I needed to do. Sever the ties scumbags had on me. The only way I knew how, at the time. 😐

Fair play, everybody has their own story & I appreciate things can be easier said than done. I’d never judge you.
When considering a large group of people and their rights we are dealing with abstractions and our own prejudices can influence our opinions, wholly without our intention or awareness. In other words the question of "when should an abortion be permitted" is completely theoretical.
But then when we look at an individual case we might arrive at a different conclusion.
I think it is for this reason that the law should be as unobtrusive as possible.

There are some very bad arguments on both sides of the issue. Those in favor of a woman's right to choose sometimes resort to some variation of "what kind of life would it be for an unwanted child?" Well, there are many unwanted children, and many people who keep these unwanted children for various reasons, and many of these children do have lives that are horrific. But no one ever suggests rounding up the unwanted children and putting them out of their misery.

To call a fetus a child and make the claim that its better off not living is a horrible argument, scientifically and ethically. But it's an equally bad argument for pro-life advocates to call a fetus a child.
At what point does this being become a child? It's a question that will be answered based on a person's religious and philosophical beliefs. Should the law be written based on religion and philosophy?
It is whether we like it or not, but in issues like this, where hearing an individual case can sway your opinion as opposed to the opinion you'd have based on abstractions, it's best for the legal system to operate with the rights of the individual uppermost and with the greatest benefit of the doubt possible applied.

I don't think it should be decided on practical terms really. The argument that a woman will get an abortion anyway but that it will be far more dangerous is compelling to some degree in a pragmatic way, but we can't really make laws that way. There has to be a solid logical basis to the law.

I don't think that abortion is something that anyone takes lightly. I don't think that any woman really considers it to be a safe, practical and effective means of birth control in the sense that she feels "I'll just get an abortion if I get pregnant."

And because looking at individual cases can change your mind maybe that means that we need to give the benefit of the doubt to the person most affected by the decision. It is not practical that every woman with an unwanted pregnancy should have to go before a judge and state her reasons for wanting an abortion.

I think it really comes down to individual rights. I think the problem with the "pro-life" stance is that it's usually based entirely on religious or philosophical beliefs. Why do so many people who oppose abortion also oppose "plan b" or the "morning after pill." Do they really believe that all potential life forms are living entities with rights?

No, it's often based on the idea that "God" has approved certain forms of sexual activity and condemned others.

I do believe in the rights of children and I do think that society has a duty to make their lives the best they can be giving them the potential to reach a state of self-actualization. But we have to recognize that a fetus is not a child. It is a potential child. And we really can't create laws based on potential. These efforts would be much better spent improving the lives of actual children.

TL;DR: If hearing an individual's story can change your mind and if these individual stories are really none of your business, then it's probably wise and prudent to withhold judgment and refrain from making laws based on abstractions, potential, and individual philosophical and religious biases.

Back
Top Bottom