Abortion

But Mike as a father-no. He killed his black lab puppy. It dragged itself home, looked into my eyes, and died. Mike never said a word. No. Not Mike as a father. He used to kick his foster mother's cat across the room. She had no idea. He stole a ring her grandmother gave her, and gave it to me. She was hurt when one day she saw me wearing it. I had no clue it was hers, until she said so, crestfallen.

May I just go on the record as saying I don't believe any of Light Housework's stories.

May I just go on the record as saying I don't believe any of Light Housework's stories.
Whether you believe me or not, it's cathartic to me, to have had some communication about what I have lived through.

Though it makes me sad to be disbelieved when I think about it, I don't dwell on it. I busy my mind with painting, drawing, reading, bathing, eating, etc. Hopefully with finally writing my memoir soon. Got to get it together. Somebody might like it. Someone kind hopefully.

I write alot too. You could call it a diary. On paper. Rather than wait for someone to believe me.

Unfortunately I could name 10 women (at least 2 in my own family) who have used abortion as a a means of birth control. Every. Single. Time.

Not one was raped, not one was a victim of incest, and it most cases had some type of family support behind them, i.e. they weren't living on the streets. It was simply 'inconvenient' to them to have the baby, so they didn't. And I don't say that to diminish Light Housework's story, it's just what it is.

In 3 cases I can think of the women have had multiple abortions and it was always a means of birth control. Every. Single. Time.

For many years, probably until a few years ago to be honest, I was firmly in the 'women's rights' camp, and I didn't have a change of mind because of religion. I came across a timeline of a baby's development in the womb and it shocked me out of my 'cluster of cells' dream world.

And then I went down the rabbit hole of looking at actual abortion images, but that's perhaps for another day......................

And it's actually what Rifke said, I began to realize that we are talking about 2 bodies here, not 1.

But for now I'll leave the time line here:

-->Day 1: fertilization: all human chromosomes are present; unique human life begins

-->Day 6: embryo begins implantation in the uterus.

-->Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood, often a different type than the mothers'.

-->Week 3: By the end of third week the child's backbone spinal column and nervous system are forming. The liver, kidneys and intestines begin to take shape.

-->Week 4: By the end of week four the child is ten thousand times larger than the fertilized egg.

-->Week 5: Eyes, legs, and hands begin to develop.

-->Week 6: Brain waves are detectable; mouth and lips are present; fingernails are forming.

*****IT IS AT THIS POINT IS WHEN MOST WOMEN SUSPECT THEY MIGHT BE PREGNANT*****

-->Week 7: Eyelids, and toes form, nose distinct. The baby is kicking and swimming.

-->Week 8: Every organ is in place, bones begin to replace cartilage, and fingerprints begin to form. By the 8th week the baby can begin to hear.

-->Weeks 9 and 10: Teeth begin to form, fingernails develop. The baby can turn his head, and frown. The baby can hiccup.

-->Weeks 10 and 11: The baby can "breathe" amniotic fluid and urinate. Week 11 the baby can grasp objects placed in its hand; all organ systems are functioning. The baby has a skeletal structure, nerves, and circulation.

-->Week 12: The baby has all of the parts necessary to experience pain, including nerves, spinal cord, and thalamus. Vocal cords are complete. The baby can suck its thumb.

-->Week 14: At this age, the heart pumps several quarts of blood through the body every day.

-->Week 15: The baby has an adult's taste buds.

-->Month 4: Bone Marrow is now beginning to form. The heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. By the end of month 4 the baby will be 8-10 inches in length and will weigh up to half a pound.

-->Week 17: The baby can have dream (REM) sleep.

-->Week 19: Babies can routinely be saved at 21 to 22 weeks after fertilization, and sometimes they can be saved even younger.

-->Months 5 and 6: The baby practices breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid into its developing lungs. The baby will grasp at the umbilical cord when it feels it. Most mothers feel an increase in movement, kicking, and hiccups from the baby. Oil and sweat glands are now functioning. The baby is now twelve inches long or more, and weighs up to one and a half pounds.

-->Months 7 through 9: Eyeteeth are present. The baby opens and closes his eyes. The baby is using four of the five senses (vision, hearing, taste, and touch.) He knows the difference between waking and sleeping, and can relate to the moods of the mother. The baby's skin begins to thicken, and a layer of fat is produced and stored beneath the skin. Antibodies are built up, and the baby's heart begins to pump 300 gallons of blood per day. Approximately one week before the birth the baby stops growing, and "drops" usually head down into the pelvic cavity.
Mr Copy Paste is back!

Bro "Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood"
It is not a "child" at day 22. You're trying to come across as scientific but you're calling an embryo a child.

Edit: To be fair, you're not. The people you copy/pasted from are.

Mr Copy Paste is back!

Bro "Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood"
It is not a "child" at day 22. You're trying to come across as scientific but you're calling an embryo a child.

Edit: To be fair, you're not. The people you copy/pasted from are.

Not surprised that Dave has satanic views about abortion. Since you're a homosexual creep who lives alone and will never have any children of your own you should probably just shut up about the whole thing, Dave.

Whether you believe me or not, it's cathartic to me, to have had some communication about what I have lived through.
Call your book "Unbelievable."
Don't worry about it. Some people just don't have the experience or imagination to, um, conceive, of other possibilities. When I wrote about living in a house people didn't believe that. I don't know where they live but to think that "my house" is some kind of impossible claim shows their limits.

Unfortunately I could name 10 women (at least 2 in my own family) who have used abortion as a a means of birth control. Every. Single. Time.

Not one was raped, not one was a victim of incest, and it most cases had some type of family support behind them, i.e. they weren't living on the streets. It was simply 'inconvenient' to them to have the baby, so they didn't. And I don't say that to diminish Light Housework's story, it's just what it is.

In 3 cases I can think of the women have had multiple abortions and it was always a means of birth control. Every. Single. Time.

For many years, probably until a few years ago to be honest, I was firmly in the 'women's rights' camp, and I didn't have a change of mind because of religion. I came across a timeline of a baby's development in the womb and it shocked me out of my 'cluster of cells' dream world.

And then I went down the rabbit hole of looking at actual abortion images, but that's perhaps for another day......................

And it's actually what Rifke said, I began to realize that we are talking about 2 bodies here, not 1.

But for now I'll leave the time line here:

-->Day 1: fertilization: all human chromosomes are present; unique human life begins

-->Day 6: embryo begins implantation in the uterus.

-->Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood, often a different type than the mothers'.

-->Week 3: By the end of third week the child's backbone spinal column and nervous system are forming. The liver, kidneys and intestines begin to take shape.

-->Week 4: By the end of week four the child is ten thousand times larger than the fertilized egg.

-->Week 5: Eyes, legs, and hands begin to develop.

-->Week 6: Brain waves are detectable; mouth and lips are present; fingernails are forming.

*****IT IS AT THIS POINT IS WHEN MOST WOMEN SUSPECT THEY MIGHT BE PREGNANT*****

-->Week 7: Eyelids, and toes form, nose distinct. The baby is kicking and swimming.

-->Week 8: Every organ is in place, bones begin to replace cartilage, and fingerprints begin to form. By the 8th week the baby can begin to hear.

-->Weeks 9 and 10: Teeth begin to form, fingernails develop. The baby can turn his head, and frown. The baby can hiccup.

-->Weeks 10 and 11: The baby can "breathe" amniotic fluid and urinate. Week 11 the baby can grasp objects placed in its hand; all organ systems are functioning. The baby has a skeletal structure, nerves, and circulation.

-->Week 12: The baby has all of the parts necessary to experience pain, including nerves, spinal cord, and thalamus. Vocal cords are complete. The baby can suck its thumb.

-->Week 14: At this age, the heart pumps several quarts of blood through the body every day.

-->Week 15: The baby has an adult's taste buds.

-->Month 4: Bone Marrow is now beginning to form. The heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. By the end of month 4 the baby will be 8-10 inches in length and will weigh up to half a pound.

-->Week 17: The baby can have dream (REM) sleep.

-->Week 19: Babies can routinely be saved at 21 to 22 weeks after fertilization, and sometimes they can be saved even younger.

-->Months 5 and 6: The baby practices breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid into its developing lungs. The baby will grasp at the umbilical cord when it feels it. Most mothers feel an increase in movement, kicking, and hiccups from the baby. Oil and sweat glands are now functioning. The baby is now twelve inches long or more, and weighs up to one and a half pounds.

-->Months 7 through 9: Eyeteeth are present. The baby opens and closes his eyes. The baby is using four of the five senses (vision, hearing, taste, and touch.) He knows the difference between waking and sleeping, and can relate to the moods of the mother. The baby's skin begins to thicken, and a layer of fat is produced and stored beneath the skin. Antibodies are built up, and the baby's heart begins to pump 300 gallons of blood per day. Approximately one week before the birth the baby stops growing, and "drops" usually head down into the pelvic cavity.
it's heartening that you care about this. that is so sad about the spine and the fingernails and everything developing-- on a track of it's own, thinking it's going to need them, not realizing it's mothers intentions. i have no doubt that there are people who go for abortions much more cavalierly than they should, mostly because i know that if i were to get pregnant, that would be something i would seriously think about doing (and then feel bad for the rest of my life if i did, but who cares about that when feelings can be pushed aside much more easily than children can be). the difference is, i wouldnt let myself get pregnant (and not only because i dont care for sex, but because i have that control over my life and actions).

@The Truth. Hit me with some of those rifke quotes about how she hates children. I know you have them handy.
it's not about children, it's about potential. it's the same reason im vehemently opposed to the death penalty. i hate that snuffing out of potential. to see something growing, becoming, and then just to think you can end it, is abhorrent to me. it's the same reason i let a black widow live in the window above my bed for weeks: he was making his house. i couldnt kill him in the act of making his house (eventually i did kill him though). the fact that you think its about children and whether or not one likes them reveals how simplistic your thinking really is.

it's not about children, it's about potential. it's the same reason im vehemently opposed to the death penalty. i hate that snuffing out of potential. to see something growing, becoming, and then just to think you can end it, is abhorrent to me. it's the same reason i let a black widow live in the window above my bed for weeks: he was making his house. i couldnt kill him in the act of making his house. eventually i did kill him though.
Haha. "I'm pro-life. Except when I kill things."

it's heartening that you care about this. that is so sad about the spine and the fingernails and everything developing-- on a track of it's own, thinking it's going to need them, not realizing it's mothers intentions. i have no doubt that there are people who go for abortions much more cavalierly than they should, mostly because i know that if i were to get pregnant, that would be something i would seriously think about doing (and then feel bad for the rest of my life if i did, but who cares about that when feelings can be pushed aside much more easily than children can be). the difference is, i wouldnt let myself get pregnant (and not only because i dont care for sex, but because i have that control over my life and actions).
Yeah, learning about the timeframe of development was a big game changer for me. And then I foolishly ended up looking at some abortion photos is what did it for me. If you've never seen abortion clinic photos don't do it, it will break your heart.

Back
Top Bottom