Accommodation in Edinburgh

I am sure with that picture you would be welcome to stay at Grimsky Towers, as he said it's free, sleep where you can, BYOB (breakfast) or Morrisons is just up the road if you fancy a fry-up.

I am really struggling to find anywhere to stay in Edinburgh :( Me and my brother are going up. The problem is we only want to stay for one night; as we are leaving for paris the next day. All the hotels will not let me stay just for 1 night, because on 'rugby' weekend their policies change.
Does anyone know of any hotels or B&B that might have vacancies.I have checked countless websites, but to no avail

if you really struggle why not stay in glasgow , loads of good cheap accomidation and an hour away on the bus , the buses run through the night and if your stuck i will act as a tour guide

if you really struggle why not stay in glasgow , loads of good cheap accomidation and an hour away on the bus , the buses run through the night and if your stuck i will act as a tour guide

bearing in mind, with the night buses, you are now allowed to have consumed alcohol before boarding. And if you shout out that the driver has left behind a passenger at Harthill Service Station, he will call for the police to have you removed from the coach.

Hello, I'll be travelling to the gig alone, and have finally managed to get some accommodation, but what a palavar. I usually stay at the Grassmarket Hotel which is a deathtrap but really cheap - that weekend it's £90 a night! (I stayed there for £32 a night when Morrissey played the Corn Exchange - surely inflation's not that high...) Would love to meet up with some other people who are going to the gig - I have friends in Edinburgh but none of them are fans.

I found a travelodge in musselburgh available. It says about 5 miles from edinburgh. Will it be easy enough to get a taxi/train/bus do you think or is it too far out to travel after the gig?

Yeah it should be easy enough. Check Lothian buses website and first buses for local bus info;)The 30 on the Lothian goes form the city centre to Musselburgh and there should be a night bus for that if it is later.

I found a travelodge in musselburgh available. It says about 5 miles from edinburgh. Will it be easy enough to get a taxi/train/bus do you think or is it too far out to travel after the gig?

There's lots of buses that go to Musselburgh from London Road just near the Playhouse.
Get a map here:www,streetmap.co.uk

Also,there's a train that goes from the Waverley to Musselburgh at 23:07.
(http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/index.php)

A taxi if you were sharing would work out pretty cheap too.

AND there's night buses if you fancy staying in town after the gig:

http://www.lothianbuses.co.uk/
:)

Back
Top Bottom