"Action Man" info

The Joker

Banned
I noticed the topic for this has been archived.

According to Boz Boorer, the song "Action Man" was not recorded during the 'Years of Refusal' sessions but rather during the 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' sessions. If this is correct, then that means there is a future B-side that not only will feature Alain Whyte on guitar, but also Michael Farrell on the keyboard and Tony Visconti as producer. (That is unless Finn re-did the production)

I noticed the topic for this has been archived.

According to Boz Boorer, the song "Action Man" was not recorded during the 'Years of Refusal' sessions but rather during the 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' sessions. If this is correct, then that means there is a future B-side that not only will feature Alain Whyte on guitar, but also Michael Farrell on the keyboard and Tony Visconti as producer. (That is unless Finn re-did the production)

i for one am interested that it's not a YoR song.

i'm excited to compare and contrast between the new songs.

As I said earlier, no need for paying attention to this thread.

The Joker is a banned user who sent a fake Maladjusted sleeve to David last week.

I'm not contesting this, I'm just trying to clarify -- The Joker = VivaHate-OBGYN?

The tidbit about it being a RotT sessions song is on the Years of Refusal Wikipedia page, which we know has been undeniably reliable. ;)

If this truly recorded during RotT, chances are it would have been released by now if it was any good - or completed. There were new B-side sessions in spring of 2006, four singles from RotT, and two Greatest Hits singles released in a multitude of formats that it could have been slotted into. The same goes for Home is a Question Mark from the YATQ sessions.

Cheers,
Jamie

i also got a myspace message forwarded from "boz boorer" via someone who wrote on this thread.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=242721217 is the profile

boz boorerboz boorer
Block User
Delete From Friends
myspace. com/bozboorer

Date:
Nov 22, 2008 12:26 AM
Subject:

RE: Dear Mr. Boorer,

Body:
hi
i can't remember the correct running order, but i don't recognise the title 'the longer i live' and i don't think action man is on it, it's an older song we did on the ringleader sessions, so i'd say you got it partly right! the first six are definately on it, not necessarily in that order either, but i'd hang on for some definite press release before you posted it
cheers
BB

---------------------------------------------

Hello there Mr. Boorer. I created and maintain the 'Years of Refusal' article on Wikipedia. Recently someone claiming to be a friend of yours said that you were in L.A. shooting the video for the upcoming single "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" (congrats on that by the way) and then posted the following as the track list for the CD:

Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
That's How People Grow Up
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Black Cloud
The Longer I Live
All You Need Is Me
Action Man
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
When Last I Spoke to Carol
You Were Good in Your Time

I removed this information from the page believing it to be a hoax...however it was also posted somewhere on Morrissey-Solo so I began to wonder. I just thought maybe you could confirm or deny this information...and if it is true, would you be upset if it were allowed to be posted on the Wikipedia article? If it is untrue or true and you don't want it posted at this time I'll be sure to remove it if that is your wish.

Thanks for the time and the great music!

PS - I hope you don't mind but soon I plan on giving YOUR Wikipedia page a major overhaul. I feel someone with your talent and esteem deserves at least a decent Wikipedia page. Lol.

i also got a myspace message forwarded from "boz boorer" via someone who wrote on this thread.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=242721217 is the profile

Interesting. So I guess Action Man will be on the remastered 10th Anniversary edition of RotT. :) It certainly would seem to lessen the likelihood of it being heard by the public any time soon.

I would be willing to bet that "The Longer I Live" is a line in one of the other, as-yet-unheard songs. Perhaps this also was misheard and resulted in the rumors of an Alain Whyte composition called "Livings."

Cheers,
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom