Adam Carolla recounts conversation with Morrissey's tour manager on podcast

I got sent a link to the Adam Carolla podcast - round about 18 minutes there's a tale of violence involving Morrissey and brisket. Really.

http://adamcarolla.com/eugene-mirman/

davidt:

The podcast video is also on YouTube, the Morrissey related segment starting at 17:20 to around 21:30. I can't make out if this is referring to something recent, I wasn't able to find any cancellation for a show in Royal Oak that appears to be referenced.

Transcript:

(17:20) "Backstage in Detroit... I said to the road manager for Morrissey, 'What kind of guy is Morrissey? He seems tempermental, seems weird, seems moody, artistic...' He said, 'Nah, he's a regular guy, good to the crew, nice, easy going... you know, one time I went to a theater and because he's vegan and they were serving brisket upstairs he punched a guy, but other than that he's a really cool guy.'"

(19:25) "...Morrissey's playing, well he was supposed to play here... he was driving up in his tour bus before the show and his name was misspelled on the marquee so he said 'keep driving' ... and he never played it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Punched a guy? :lbf: yeah, I call bullshit.

He punched him with his eyes. :p

Re: Article: Adam Carolla recounts conversation with Morrissey's tour manager on podc

I wonder if the marquee screw-up at was the James H Whiting Auditorium at the time of his health scare. It's not unheard of for venue managers to own other places (Royal Oak, where Carolla is chatting). It probably flared up his ulcer.

Does anyone have a picture of the marquee for that night?

Re: Article: Adam Carolla recounts conversation with Morrissey's tour manager on podc

I think it's a notable anomaly that despite being interviewed eating a grilled cheese sandwich that everyone keeps calling him a VEGAn. Vega has been extensively studied by astronomers, leading it to be termed "arguably the next most important star in the sky after the Sun."

Maybe it was a vegan grilled cheese on vegan bread? They taste just like the regular. Add tomatoes and...mmmm! :)

Maybe it was a vegan grilled cheese on vegan bread? They taste just like the regular. Add tomatoes and...mmmm! :)

Yeah, and maybe when Victoria Wood turned up to discuss tea drinking they used soya milk? Except they didn't.

I wonder if the marquee screw-up at was the James H Whiting Auditorium at the time of his health scare. It's not unheard of for venue managers to own other places (Royal Oak, where Carolla is chatting). It probably flared up his ulcer.

Does anyone have a picture of the marquee for that night?

The real story always depicts Morrissey as a drama queen.

Thank God retirement is just around the corner

Looks like the dates 9th and 10th are going to be re schedualed, due to doctors orders apparently. 12th still going ahead though.

Last edited:

Everyone does realize everything Adam Carolla said was a joke? right?? you're all not that dumb I hope.

Everyone does realize everything Adam Carolla said was a joke? right?? you're all not that dumb I hope.

I've been a fan of Adam off and on for years. I have never heard him make up a story or tell a lie. He is the ultimate blue collar schlub straight shooter. Everything he said was what that manager told him, the manager may have been lying, but Adam's retelling is not a lie. Adam never needs to lie, life is absurd enough as it is.

Some chap tells a story, why should we disbelieve it? Why would we be dumb to believe it?

Would you risk it for a brisket?

"keep driving" - that's really funny.
I mean there are legends such as Elvis and Lou Reed and Morrissey and Bowie and Lennon - and probably in that order - but signs are very important..... Morrissey is just class and you can see them all running down the tour bus and hiding under the windows! Sorry but that's so funny. I really think it is.

You'd have thought that in this day and age, anyone could spell that one key word correctly.......

Hazard

O my this is a very funny story. I listened to the whole pod cast and it is odd how this just pops up in the middle of Adam's radom ramblings on the show .
He does admit to being a Moz fan .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom