Alain plays "Hold On To Your Friends"; interview on "Breakfast with The Smiths" radio show (Dec. 26)

Famous when dead posted the link:

BREAKFAST WITH ALAIN WHYTE (AND THE SMITHS)! - Alain Whyte blog

Alain just did an interview with Jose Maldonado for his “Breakfast with The Smiths” radio show on The Independent FM. Played a couple of tunes, discussed the new record, “The Experiment" EP” and recounted a story or two from the time spent with The Lads writing and touring with Morrissey. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday (Dec. 26th) at 8am Pacific/[corrected: 4pm Uk time].

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The text with the embedded video if you can't see it:

Here is a snippet from radio show interview with Jose Maldonado that will be airing on Wednesday 26th of December. Check out the link above for details. There was a guitar laying about so I had a go. It was not planned and totally spontaneous. P.S Merry Christmas everyone

Taken from the forthcoming:

Tweet links to:

Alain just did an interview with Jose Maldonado for his “Breakfast with The Smiths” radio show on The Independent FM. Played a couple of tunes, discussed the new record, “The Experiment" EP” and recounted a story or two from the time spent with The Lads writing and touring with Morrissey. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday (Dec. 26th) at 8am Pacific/5pm Uk time.

https://www.alainwhytemusic.com/news-blog/2018/12/24/breakfast-with-alain-white-and-the-smiths

"The Lads writing..." text links to an image:

ba5e70622a21ac6d5000f9364d142bf9--esteban-arsenal.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Lovely performance of HOTYF. Well done, Alain. That cascading, rolling riff is so beautiful. It's nice to be reminded of just how good the music was that underpinned Morrissey's earlier work. Properly melodic, with great hooky riffs and seamless structure. Proper musicanship. That's what we've lost.

good guy alain,decent performance as well.still has to be one of Ms best songs.

alain don't you know only jesse can pull off that cumming face at the end.

Another appearance:

Regards,
FWD.

I forgot just how complex this guitar was for this song. How the hell do you sing and play like this at the same time? Gorgeous.

Lovely performance of HOTYF. Well done, Alain. That cascading, rolling riff is so beautiful. It's nice to be reminded of just how good the music was that underpinned Morrissey's earlier work. Properly melodic, with great hooky riffs and seamless structure. Proper musicanship. That's what we've lost.
We haven't lost anything. These songs will always be around and Alains version is very sweet and poignant.
Have a lovely Christmas

The text with the embedded video if you can't see it:

Here is a snippet from radio show interview with Jose Maldonado that will be airing on Wednesday 26th of December. Check out the link above for details. There was a guitar laying about so I had a go. It was not planned and totally spontaneous. P.S Merry Christmas everyone

Taken from the forthcoming:

Tweet links to:

Alain just did an interview with Jose Maldonado for his “Breakfast with The Smiths” radio show on The Independent FM. Played a couple of tunes, discussed the new record, “The Experiment" EP” and recounted a story or two from the time spent with The Lads writing and touring with Morrissey. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday (Dec. 26th) at 8am Pacific/5pm Uk time.

https://www.alainwhytemusic.com/news-blog/2018/12/24/breakfast-with-alain-white-and-the-smiths

"The Lads writing..." text links to an image:

View attachment 46939

Regards,
FWD.

Camp as a row of pink tents.

What a great musician and songwriter Alain is. He brought so much to the music of Morrissey's early solo years, but I NEED both!

By the way, who was playing with Morrissey during this 2018 tour? Besides Alain and Boz, I believe that Vini Reilly did a great job in the past, responsible for some of Moz most remarkable songs.

We haven't lost anything. These songs will always be around and Alains version is very sweet and poignant.
Have a lovely Christmas
We haven't lost the recordings, no, which is a blessing. But I think Morrissey's band lost something when it lost Alain's musicianship, which is a shame for him and us. That's my view, anyway.
Have a lovely Christmas yourself, Irish Hare.

We haven't lost the recordings, no, which is a blessing. But I think Morrissey's band lost something when it lost Alain's musicianship, which is a shame for him and us. That's my view, anyway.
Have a lovely Christmas yourself, Irish Hare.

Best post of the year. Congrats!

Signed,

:forkknife::turban::forkknife:

(the Halal Butcher):mask:

doh:

‘we’ve’ ?

:rolleyes::lbf:

Always here to stick in the knife with your ... ‘objective opinions’.
In fairness to Peppermint, Alain was a massive loss. Moz's music has suffered ever since. As much as I love almost every Moz album they don't really compare to Your Arsenal or Vauxhall or Quarry. Jesse is not an adequate replacement for Alain.

In fairness to Peppermint, Alain was a massive loss. Moz's music has suffered ever since. As much as I love almost every Moz album they don't really compare to Your Arsenal or Vauxhall or Quarry. Jesse is not an adequate replacement for Alain.

Well stated Acton. As fans we take what we can get. But I am glad I was a fan during these earlier times.

MrShoes

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom