Alain Whyte FB "Your Arsenal" listening party via Mozarmyquiz Twitter: April 26, 2020 (12 PST / 8 pm UK time)

20200426_205157.jpg

Q&A:
20200426_205850.jpg

Re: Seasick samples.
20200426_210106.jpg

20200426_210432.jpg
20200426_210413.jpg
20200426_210751.jpg
20200426_211023.jpg
20200426_211328.jpg

Last edited:
20200426_211610.jpg
20200426_211549.jpg
20200426_212002.jpg
20200426_212439.jpg

Last edited:
There's a lot of love on there for Moz, Alain, Boz n the rest of the band. Fantastic to see.
AW clearly loved his time with Moz.

If anything else intresting appears, I'll add it later - got things to do.
Regards,
FWD.

Speak of the Devil:
20200426_213923.jpg
20200426_214150.jpg

FWD.

HIAQM? Someone send him LIHS pronto. Makes me wonder if that was penned some time ago, way before LIHS. Or maybe AW has got confused?

HIAQM? Someone send him LIHS pronto. Makes me wonder if that was penned some time ago, way before LIHS. Or maybe AW has got confused?
Can't dig it out of the archive right now, but he's on about a different song/same title. He's aware of it.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
@Mozmar

Been listening from the start. Not much going on on the feed. Do people know about it?
Yes. It’s on the internet. Everyone knows about it. ...but nobody gives a shit about Melvis trivia.

Wanna listen to some real music and interact with some really excellent musicians? Head on over to https://timstwitterlisteningparty.com/

That’s where everyone is, save for the few clowns who still care about Captain Cashmere’s drain-slide.

I sorta wish Moz was watching this & throwing in comments or whatever. Well done AW for doing this.
If it’s about him, safe to say he IS watching. ...but will deny ever knowing anything about any of it.

Can't dig it out of the archive right now, but he's on about a different song/same title. He's aware of it.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
@Mozmar

The original version would be interesting, it sounds like bits of his autobiography where he's hiding in his flat.

Talking of his autobiography, he has a bit about dying his hair when he was 13 & I Know Very Well How I Got My Name has the same hair reference.

So does anyone have a clue who the Sullen Man who was the first love was???

Straight from the horse’s mouth. Melvis orders up a song “that sounds like...” and his lackeys go to work. He doesn’t write music. Never has. ...and now that he’s unable to cop a decent lyric, what’s left?

He’s become a bitter, old scraper with 14 fans, no sales, no record deal and no prospects.

It’s kind of sad but also genuinely amusing to watch! ;)

The original version would be interesting, it sounds like bits of his autobiography where he's hiding in his flat.

Talking of his autobiography, he has a bit about dying his hair when he was 13 & I Know Very Well How I Got My Name has the same hair reference.

Come on Karen. You know as well as everyone else.

I always thought the man with sullen ways was a self description...but maybe not?

I always thought the man with sullen ways was a self description...but maybe not?

It could be.

It sounds like someone saying they still love the adult they had a dodgy relationship with when they were a teenager.

But then you'd think someone would enquire about it & I haven't seen any speculation.

The hair incident at school is an homage to Bowie - well documented.
The focus of the song by various books is Marr.
Make of that what you will.
Regards,
FWD.

I agree. He's both the "child in a curious phase and the "man with sullen ways". To me that was always very obvious.
And the "first love" he refers to is commonly believed to be Marr (as mentioned here before) which makes a lot of sense considering the time of this recording and the fact that a lot of songs from the Viva Hate era seem to deal with the break-up of The Smiths and his feelings about that and towards Johnny.

I agree. He's both the "child in a curious phase and the "man with sullen ways". To me that was always very obvious.
And the "first love" he refers to is commonly believed to be Marr (as mentioned here before) which makes a lot of sense considering the time of this recording and the fact that a lot of songs from the Viva Hate era seem to deal with the break-up of The Smiths and his feelings about that and towards Johnny.

Born old sadly wise.

But which songs do you think are about the break-up? I can only imagine that people might lazily assume that “I don’t mind if you forget me” is.

But I hear a lot of those songs ideas pulled from memories before the Smiths, from when he was a child and teenager.

Again, the person he’s singing about in I Know Very Well could be about anyone and no one, a fiction or a composite of loves that have ‘come and gone’.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom