Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sure, but enjoying it doesn't make them any good at it. Even Ringo Starr had a go at singing...

Which makes it all the sweeter that his solo career is more successful than anything Marr will ever do in his life.

I love Alain and his contribution to Morrissey's early solo career, but as a guitar player, I expected much more...what is it?...oh yeah...guitar! Morrissey's latest efforts have filled my basket full with plodding rock songs. No room for any more.

And the lyrics, would have been better left in the pages of the teenager's notebook from which they were taken.

He looks good though, and in today's music that is really all that matters.

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Whatever it is, it's clearly not the music to Ganglord - sounds more like Dear Prudence.

I found the song interesting, but then I earned it's actually Ganglord.

So I was kinda happy to hear some NEW stuff coming from Alain, but then it's just a Moz song with new lyrics and vocals....what a bummer.

I like his vocal melodies, though....especially when he sings the title.

The binaural beats in the intro are cool too.

This is not very good, though his outfit is on point.

That said, I do like a few of his songs. His best is “Baby I’m Strange”, with the Motivators.

I ye reckon Al couldn't name his EP "California Son" because that's already been taken. Me reckon he could name it "Moz Angeles Son" Reckon it would be top mental proper mate inn nn nn din't in n n n it fek e'll.

Dude, we get it Al, you live in LA just like Uncle Steve.

Exploring the depth of the psyche. These are the questions we all must confront in life. Feels like a bit of an experiment.

Which makes it all the sweeter that his solo career is more successful than anything Marr will ever do in his life.

I'm lost. What has this response got to do with anything I've said? Earlier I said that guitarist's attempts to sing are usually disappointing - I'd say that goes for Alain and Johnny - you put forward, "well maybe they enjoy it", now you're saying that they ARE crap after all (Marr)?

Last edited:
Why are we here?
Queenie I feel rather queer.
Bit of an experiment and mystery.
It's a bit of an inquiry.

I'm lost. What has this response got to do with anything I've said? Earlier I said that guitarist's attempts to sing are usually disappointing - I'd say that goes for Alain and Johnny - you put forward, "well maybe they enjoy it", now you're saying that they ARE crap after all (Marr)?

You can still enjoy something and be crap at it...just ask Jose Maldonado. But that was not my point, my point was that as low as you rate Ringo Starr, a drummer turned solo act, he still has a better and more successful solo career than Marr. That pleases me because I think Marr is a twat.

You can still enjoy something and be crap at it...just ask Jose Maldonado.

hahahahahahahahaha

I think Marr is a twat.

I agree but I'm curious as to your reasons why. I'm not even sure I can put my finger on why I think he is. He just seems kind of dumb. Talented, sure. One of a kind guitarist, yes. But dumb. And very smug, but in this really subtle way. At least Morrissey's occasional assholery is upfront. Marr seems too eager to please.

Also, I can still find a few good songs on every Morrissey album. I think Marr's stuff is dreadfully dull. And even Morrissey's worst songs still have that voice. Marr has no voice. And his music is just meandering crap.

You can still enjoy something and be crap at it...just ask Jose Maldonado.

That's exactly what I said.
Why do you think Marr is a twat?
Or that Alain, say, isn't one?

I agree but I'm curious as to your reasons why. I'm not even sure I can put my finger on why I think he is. He just seems kind of dumb. Talented, sure. One of a kind guitarist, yes. But dumb. And very smug, but in this really subtle way. At least Morrissey's occasional assholery is upfront. Marr seems too eager to please.

Also, I can still find a few good songs on every Morrissey album. I think Marr's stuff is dreadfully dull. And even Morrissey's worst songs still have that voice. Marr has no voice. And his music is just meandering crap.

I knew smugness would be in there. I remember some old Q&A he did where the prompt was "I never set out to..." and his response was, "write an anthem." Eek. Not one of his greater moments. The laboured efforts to elevate Matt Johnson, Barney Sumner, Isaac Brock etc above Morrissey whenever he is asked about them also stick in the craw and smack of point-scoring. I still love him though.

hahahahahahahahaha

You essentially just explained it. He’s smug. Self righteous. Dim. Two-faced. A middle aged man in a shit Vince Noir costume. He disparaged Morrissey and The Smiths for years all while trying to weasel a reunion for his benefit. Now that he’s old and in jeopardy of being forgotten, he’s desperately trying to reinsert himself back into the legacy of something he destroyed.

That's exactly what I said.
Why do you think Marr is a twat?
Or that Alain, say, isn't one?

I didn’t say you didn’t say that. You just seem to be of the opinion that if they’re not good at it, they shouldn’t bother trying so to spare the people who don’t like it.

I don’t appreciate the condescension, Amy. It hurts my feelings.

Well sure, but enjoying it doesn't make them any good at it. Even Ringo Starr had a go at singing...

36a22087d57eddc33048c2591e891944.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom