Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will aim to be constructive here as Alain is a nice chap.
The music's OK. No better/worse than Johnny Marr's lead single (Tracer) off his last album, although that's damning with faint praise a little.
Also, like Johnny Marr, he's trying to say important stuff but not doing it very eloquently.
He seems to be straining for the high notes. Odd as he always had a nice falsetto when he sang backing vocals with Steve.
He does look pretty awkward in the video, doing some kind of half-dancing, half-gesticulating thing. Odd. He'd be better off shooting one in a band set-up.
Hopefully, there'll be better music to come in the album, and he's maibly chosen this song more for its message. Good luck to the old chap.

Yes morrissey is eloquent 'your the one for me fatty', 'first of thd gang die' 'it's not your birthday anymore' the girl from tel Aviv and 'Israel' to name a few are soooo clever.
Be real they are shit.
It's true moz has carried his band members since YA but let's be honest he's pretty shit these days In no world other than that of Moz hardcore fans is morrissseys last two lps deemed better than Johnnys

In fact Moz is loved but seen as a joke

Why do so many great guitarists feel this 'need' to have a go at being mediocre frontmen - knowing they can't really sing, etc? Alain looks ridiculous here. And yes, he's borrowed from the Johnny Marr school of nonsense lyrics trying to be "deep." I just don't understand why, it's like playing guitar is never enough.

Says someone who considers 50 year old Kristeen Young talented (make up ftom Sioux, voice from Kate Bush, career from Tony, face sponsered by botox )

hahahahahahahahaha

I agree but I'm curious as to your reasons why. I'm not even sure I can put my finger on why I think he is. He just seems kind of dumb. Talented, sure. One of a kind guitarist, yes. But dumb. And very smug, but in this really subtle way. At least Morrissey's occasional assholery is upfront. Marr seems too eager to please.

Also, I can still find a few good songs on every Morrissey album. I think Marr's stuff is dreadfully dull. And even Morrissey's worst songs still have that voice. Marr has no voice. And his music is just meandering crap.

Trouble is apart from 1000s of peasants from South America, nobody with a brain rates Moz over Marr these days. Its even more of a reach to think Moz is a better human,. Marr is known for being a good fella, virtually everyone who comes near Moz thinks he's a c*** and Marr comes over as a confident man not a gay Trump

In the case of Matt Johnson, I think Marr is spot-on to elevate him above Morrissey. However idiosyncratic Johnson might be, he is at a level marked "Genius." Comparatively, Morrissey is at a level marked "Cabaret Singer." In my humble opinion.

Quite unusual for Morrissey-Solo, I must say :lbf: just think, but for a twist of fate, Johnny would have joined Matt in London and the Smiths might never have existed...

Says someone who considers 50 year old Kristeen Young talented (make up ftom Sioux, voice from Kate Bush, career from Tony, face sponsered by botox )

Uh... I can't stand Kristeen and never have been able to...?

Last edited:
In the case of Matt Johnson, I think Marr is spot-on to elevate him above Morrissey. However idiosyncratic Johnson might be, he is at a level marked "Genius." Comparatively, Morrissey is at a level marked "Cabaret Singer." In my humble opinion.

Maybe you can share that sentiment on the The-The.com forum...if someone ever cares enough about him to make one, that is.

Alain, Alain, Alain, what are you doing man? This is just god awful.
It's quite something to to know that the man who wrote the music and supplied the most gorgeous backing vocals for one of my favourite Morrissey songs "I am Hated for Loving" can be happy with this.

Quite unusual for Morrissey-Solo, I must say :lbf: just think, but for a twist of fate, Johnny would have joined Matt in London and the Smiths might never have existed...

Please don't get me wrong, Amy? I love a good Cabaret Singer, me! :) Hopefully, Marr will be able to fit the recording of the new The The album into his busy schedule in 2019---.

o FFS he has the Moz track on the thing so someone will actually by the item that otherwise nobody would even bother with.
if you want the MOZ track you have to buy the whole johnny marr like cdo_O

im sure he will do Johnny like twenty seater 'tour' around his hometown.

Moz has had to suffer quite a number of cads for sure. :lbf:

Maybe you can share that sentiment on the The-The.com forum...if someone ever cares enough about him to make one, that is.

All of the direct, fan-based Forums closed down during The The's hiatus after 2002, :( The faithful moved to social media such as Faceache. They are just as devoted in groups such as We Want The The Back!, The THE THE Fans, All Things The The, etc. For your information, Mr. Hate, :)

All of the direct, fan-based Forums closed down during The The's hiatus after 2002, :( The faithful moved to social media such as Faceache. They are just as devoted in groups such as We Want The The Back!, The THE THE Fans, All Things The The, etc. For your information, Mr. Hate, :)

I’ll take your word for that because I’m one of those people that don’t give a fig about Matt Johnson. :p

Suggest you seek a hearing exam if you’re not hearing Ganglord in this.
I hear the plinky-plonky sound of Dear Prudence in here too, but it's just the guitar sound. Obviously it's Ganglord, and it's embarrassing.

Yes morrissey is eloquent 'your the one for me fatty', 'first of thd gang die' 'it's not your birthday anymore' the girl from tel Aviv and 'Israel' to name a few are soooo clever.
Be real they are shit.
It's true moz has carried his band members since YA but let's be honest he's pretty shit these days In no world other than that of Moz hardcore fans is morrissseys last two lps deemed better than Johnnys

In fact Moz is loved but seen as a joke
You're the one for me fatty is just some girls are bigger than others for dummies.

Yeah, guess that poster forgot that Marr did choose to work with Morrissey rather than the ‘genius’ :rolleyes: Matt Johnson.

:cool:

I hear the plinky-plonky sound of Dear Prudence in here too, but it's just the guitar sound. Obviously it's Ganglord, and it's embarrassing.

Actually at first it reminded me of the Banshees version of Prudence , then it quickly morphed into U2.

Alain, Alain, Alain, what are you doing man? This is just god awful.
It's quite something to to know that the man who wrote the music and supplied the most gorgeous backing vocals for one of my favourite Morrissey songs "I am Hated for Loving" can be happy with this.

Good point, Married. Alain's BVs were always so dreamy - they often really made a song e.g. in You Must Please Remember, Alma mater, Find out for yourself, Certain people etc.
I guess we never really heard him sing 'properly' until now. Let's hope he sticks more to the higher, softer notes. He's a talented guy and we want him to succeed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom