Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf: I think it can be all of the above, but I think most of us are united in saying it's not very good.

I think people were just expecting better.

Just like with Marr it goes to show how much
they need Morrissey to guide their little tunes into greatness.

This HAS GOT TO BE obvious to everyone by now.

:cool:

You could also argue that Morrissey needs Marr or Whyte to turn his lyrics into great songs?

Please don't get me wrong, Amy? I love a good Cabaret Singer, me! :) Hopefully, Marr will be able to fit the recording of the new The The album into his busy schedule in 2019---.

Matt came on stage to play with him recently, have you seen the clip? Might just be me but I never understood the whole The The thing at the best of times, nor Johnny's over-the-top praise regarding his time with them, which never seemed borne out by the facts. At one point, every mention of MJ was some version of this:

So, Johnny, tell us about your time with The The.
Matt Johnson is the most amazing, thoughtful, incredible lyricist on earth.

Yeah?
Unbelievable...the best band I've ever worked with.... More people ask me about The The than about the Smiths.

How many songs did you write together?
1 and a half.

Some folks are singers, but they'd be doing a cappella in the dark without songwriters, and sometimes a pretty piece of music should just be instrumental.

How Alain thinks he’s dancing:
o02xaw.gif

How Alain is actually dancing:
2n84d9k.gif

Yeah, guess that poster forgot that Marr did choose to work with Morrissey rather than the ‘genius’ :rolleyes: Matt Johnson.

In The Smiths, Morrissey and Marr were a songwriting partnership a la Lennon and McCartney. I guess that might have been one of the main attractions as to why he choose to work with him? In The The, Marr was a sideman to Johnson albeit a hugely talented and intuitive sideman. Johnson didn't absolutely need any other musician (not even Johnny f***in' Marr) to realise his dark and urgent visions of the modern malaise. Morrissey will ALWAYS absolutely need another musician to be "able" to create songs of "any" quality---. I rest my case in the old genius stakes.

You could also argue that Morrissey needs Marr or Whyte to turn his lyrics into great songs?

He absolutely does.

These posts that want to give 100% of the credit to Morrissey and ignore the importance of his co-writers are very tedious. Otherwise, he'd be singing his genius lyrics acapella as g23 pointed out.

He absolutely does.

These posts that want to give 100% of the credit to Morrissey and ignore the importance of his co-writers are very tedious. Otherwise, he'd be singing his genius lyrics acapella as g23 pointed out.

I think the main point is that morrissey could probably elevate a simple acoustic strum a la mt joy into a great song that would move a lot of people but no matter how good say marrs compositions are and I am a fan of call the comet the lyrics vocal melodies and song structures will only allow for it to go so far past a this is alright kinda enjoyable feeling. The song structure aspect is the most interesting to me. When morrissey went solo I was really surprised to hear to hear that aspect of the music continued with his work while marrs tended to get much more conventional song wise. I think the same with Alain’s work. Morrissey might need composers but his influence on those composers and how they tend to work around his contribution and suggestion in most cases is what makes the end result great. He could probably make a great song with anyone and I don’t know if the reverse is true

Good point, Married. Alain's BVs were always so dreamy - they often really made a song e.g. in You Must Please Remember, Alma mater, Find out for yourself, Certain people etc.
I guess we never really heard him sing 'properly' until now. Let's hope he sticks more to the higher, softer notes. He's a talented guy and we want him to succeed.
I take no pleasure in saying any of that by the way. Alain Whyte is already a fantastic composer/guitarist. I get that he wants to stand out on his own and express himself but poorly written lyrics penned to the music of Ganglord is not a great way to go about it. As soon as you hear those opening bars of Ganglord you expect Morrissey's beautiful vocals, melodies and lyrics and you just get... um, bleh...

Last edited:

I agree with this and with what SuedeMoz wrote. I copied this bit from the interview posted on the home page a few articles back:

" It is a craft and at the same time requires effort. It's not easy, but I enjoy it. Because, as I once said, the lyrics should be written as if everyone was listening to you ... although that probably does not happen! Most modern composers joke about how well they spend writing the lyrics but do not make any intellectual effort thinking about the audience, the listeners."

I would edit this to include an emotional effort as well. This is what lifts his vocals far beyond any single artist's version that has ever attempted to cover these songs. Without his addition to the underlying music these tunes are weightless and emotionless. These tunes have become his songs. He owns them now...in my heart and mind anyway.

Alain is a very good guy. Very talented composer and proficient guitarist. I don't have a bad thing to say against him and absolutely wish he was still in Morrissey's band..... But holy smokes.

That was pretty Terrible. Stay away from microphones, Alain! You make Johnny Marr's vocal stylings sound like Elvis Presley. I'm actually stunned at how bad the vocals are.

Alain, get yourself a new band, get a good singer, write songs and play. Please reconsider being a frontman. It's not where you should be.

Thanks from everyone with the ability to hear.

:rolleyes:

Moz needs DramaJ and Whyte to make good songs? why would anyone think such nonsense when they cant make any good songs for their own albums??:crazy:

In The Smiths, Morrissey and Marr were a songwriting partnership a la Lennon and McCartney. I guess that might have been one of the main attractions as to why he choose to work with him? In The The, Marr was a sideman to Johnson albeit a hugely talented and intuitive sideman. Johnson didn't absolutely need any other musician (not even Johnny f***in' Marr) to realise his dark and urgent visions of the modern malaise.
Morrissey will ALWAYS absolutely need another musician to be "able" to create songs of "any" quality---. I rest my case in the old genius stakes.

Nah, would STILL be genius if Morrissey just released a capella records.

I believe if everyone really thought about it,
that it’s really the VOICE of Morrissey that we all love, then lyrics and music backing.

:tiphat:

Last edited:
He absolutely does.

I agree, I wouldn’t give 100% to Morrissey in regards to the creation of a song based on instrument accompaniment, that would be silly.

But as we can all obviously see with the work of Marr and Alain, they need Morrissey to turn their little tunes into great art similar to Morrissey’s latest work, they have yet to reach
those heights.

Also as I pointed out to Matt Johnson who is posting here anonymously, that it would be genius if Morrissey did release a record all a cappella, because when it comes down to it, it is
really the VOICE OF MORRISSEY that we all love, then the lyrics and musical backing.

Last edited:

Nah, that can’t be argued. For its really subjective and it’s mere opinion of inferior types who believe that Morrissey’s recent works of art are not good.
In a way they would be right, for Morrissey’s
recent works of art are not good, they’re f***ing great !!! :rock::thumb:

But, it is not arguable that Marr’s and Alain’s recent work is any good, because it’s a stone cold fact that it’s not any good and anyone can tell this if they have ears that work and a great taste in music and I happen to possess both.

:tiphat:

I think the main point is that morrissey could probably elevate a simple acoustic strum a la mt joy into a great song that would move a lot of people but no matter how good say marrs compositions are and I am a fan of call the comet the lyrics vocal melodies and song structures will only allow for it to go so far past a this is alright kinda enjoyable feeling. The song structure aspect is the most interesting to me. When morrissey went solo I was really surprised to hear to hear that aspect of the music continued with his work while marrs tended to get much more conventional song wise. I think the same with Alain’s work. Morrissey might need composers but his influence on those composers and how they tend to work around his contribution and suggestion in most cases is what makes the end result great. He could probably make a great song with anyone and I don’t know if the reverse is true

RIGHT ON :thumb:

Alain is a very good guy. Very talented composer and proficient guitarist. I don't have a bad thing to say against him and absolutely wish he was still in Morrissey's band..... But holy smokes.

That was pretty Terrible. Stay away from microphones, Alain! You make Johnny Marr's vocal stylings sound like Elvis Presley. I'm actually stunned at how bad the vocals are.

Alain, get yourself a new band, get a good singer, write songs and play. Please reconsider being a frontman. It's not where you should be.

Thanks from everyone with the ability to hear.

:thumb:

Agree, Alain IS a great guy. And I’m sure he enjoys what he’s doing, but being a frontman
is not everyone’s natural calling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom