Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, would STILL be genius if Morrissey just released a capella records.

I believe if everyone really thought about it,
that it’s really the VOICE of Morrissey that we all love, then lyrics and music backing.

:tiphat:
I have to disagree, because I don't really care for it with uninspired music, which has popped up at multiple eras, including that last session The Smiths did, parts of Kill Uncle, etc. Most recently, I really wanted to like I Wish You Lonely, thought it had a better lyric than most, he sounded into it, but the music is just a collection of synth pulses and background noise, and I haven't felt compelled to revisit it, or much of anything from High School, or World Peace. When he has collaborators that provide soaring backgrounds, his voice soars as well.
You can't paint a masterpiece on a paper towel, you need a good canvas.

I agree but he helped Morrissey create some magical moments as did Marr many years ago.

Yes, they both have been very lucky to work with him, especially Alain.

I have to disagree, because I don't really care for it with uninspired music, which has popped up at multiple eras, including that last session The Smiths did, parts of Kill Uncle, etc. Most recently, I really wanted to like I Wish You Lonely, thought it had a better lyric than most, he sounded into it, but the music is just a collection of synth pulses and background noise, and I haven't felt compelled to revisit it, or much of anything from High School, or World Peace. When he has collaborators that provide soaring backgrounds, his voice soars as well.
You can't paint a masterpiece on a paper towel, you need a good canvas.

Yes, but how ‘bout without music ? I’d still buy
the records. But I’m weird that way. :lbf:

Alain is a very good guy. Very talented composer and proficient guitarist. I don't have a bad thing to say against him and absolutely wish he was still in Morrissey's band..... But holy smokes.

That was pretty Terrible. Stay away from microphones, Alain! You make Johnny Marr's vocal stylings sound like Elvis Presley. I'm actually stunned at how bad the vocals are.

Alain, get yourself a new band, get a good singer, write songs and play. Please reconsider being a frontman. It's not where you should be.

Thanks from everyone with the ability to hear.
Yeah he's no frontman. That's for damn sure. The overall production is shockingly bad on all fronts. Why do people think it's a good idea to sing on the edge of a cliff?

I found the song interesting, but then I earned it's actually Ganglord.
According to Alain: "no it’s not Ganglord it’s an accident that it sounds similar. The chords are different yet it’s the same feel and key as Ganglord."

According to Alain: "no it’s not Ganglord it’s an accident that it sounds similar. The chords are different yet it’s the same feel and key as Ganglord."
Well then he's even more deluded than I thought. What else is an accident for this song?

Well then he's even more deluded than I thought. What else is an accident for this song?

Almost everyone hears Ganglord

He's (Alain) just straight up lying. He just changed the chorus or break or whatever you want to call it - what in "Ganglord" is the "and I'm turning to you to save me" bit.

You have actually listened to the song this thread is about, right? Or did you just watch the video with the sound turned off? (Which would be painful enough)
I'm sorry, but Alain's song is nowhere near as bad as "Sorrow Will Come In The End." It is one of the worst songs ever recorded, and a cautionary tale as to why you should never make important decisions while angry.

Alain's song is just mediocre.

The other thing I find curious is how Alain's reputation has recovered since he left the band. Anyone who was around during the Southpaw to Quarry years should be well aware that the majority opinion was that Alain was second to Boz, and the both of them were dragging Morrissey down, and needed to be sacked ASAP. The minute Jesse arrived, who, let's be honest is just a variation on Alain, Alain suddenly became the new Johnny Marr, and Morrissey needed him back.

There's a weird psychology going on here, or maybe the older fans have now been replaced by the Quarry fans, and they romanticize the period that they discovered Morrissey in; just like the Marr, and Street fans.

All in all, it's really the lyrics, more than the music that has suffered the worst since Vauxhall & I, but when you idolize someone for all the wrong reasons, you'll convince yourself that it's all wonderful because you love them, and you want to help them through the low moments.

I can understand how someone could like a pop star, but I will never understand how someone could actually love them, and see them as an important part of their life. They don't know them. It's just weird, and gives you insight into how people come to follow cults.

If I was a pop star, I don't think I could appreciate fans thinking that way about me. I wager many celebrities feel the same way. It's that kind of desperate love that makes you shy away from an admirer who adores you, but has never even gotten to know you. You think it would make you feel good, until you experience it, and then it just feels wrong, and somewhat frightening. I could kill someone, and they would make excuses for me. Ew.

I'm sorry, but Alain's song is nowhere near as bad as "Sorrow Will Come In The End." It is one of the worst songs ever recorded, and a cautionary tale as to why you should never make important decisions while angry.

You have a pretty low bar on mediocre. To say Alain's song is cringe worthy is an understatement.

But Alain's lyrics are trite, boring, and quite cringe-inducing. Morrissey's might be cringe-inducing, but they're certainly interesting. Don't you agree?
Surely an interesting shit song is better than an uninteresting shit song...

Mike? What are you up to?:rolleyes:

Alain needs Morrissey and Morrissey needs Alain.

Having said that, a reunion with Marr is probably more likely than a reunion with Alain.

Alain needs Morrissey and Morrissey needs Alain.

Having said that, a reunion with Marr is probably more likely than a reunion with Alain.

Things are so bad beyond repair between Moz and Alain?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom