Alain Whyte on Joney's Jukebox - interview and performance

Alain chatting/jamming with Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols. Fun interview, with plenty of great Morrissey stories here, plus a nice acoustic version of 'We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful' around the 20 minute mark, and a burst of 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' and 'Certain People I Know' from around 41:00.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Advocating psych meds to a stranger on a Morrissey website because of an opinion you don't agree with isn't exactly setting the bar high for mental health...
Sometimes, you have to abandon your license, and state the obvious.

Honestly it was an instinctive observation of mine. If I'm wrong that's fine. I don't care enough to keep debating it. His Moz impersonation wasn't funny the first time and much less so the 51 times that followed. He just seems like a boorish old ass.

Plus I hate punks. Especially aging ones.

I guess it just makes me sad to see Alain so obviously hung up on the old days and his memories and to know how badly he wishes he had not been forced out and replaced with a mariachi band. What a f***ing joke. And yet he's too sweet and polite to show bitterness or resentment. But he clearly wallows in that nostalgia.
No, he's not too sweet, and polite. He's just above it all.

Who said he was forced out?

Obsessing over the past? He seems to be moving forwards, and these are songs he co-wrote. Why should he ignore them, and stop discussing his work? Does Morrissey playing Smiths songs mean he hasn't let go of the past?

Their his songs too.

Agreed about not knowing Alain's solo stuff (but hey, I like Alain and I don't know any of it). To me, Jonesy sounded complementary of Morrissey. He may not be a big fan, but I didn't get a hates Morrissey vibe from this interview. I'm not aware of any, but has Jonesy made negative comments about Morrissey in the past?
He even called him a great lyricist in their interview. Certainly, he could not like him as a person, but that's not a novel perspective. He's not a very likeable as a person. He doesn't really connect with people outside of his songs.

I like that Alain had the guts to comment on Morrissey's artistic choices.

We've yet to really get an honest, comprehensive view of what it's like to work with Morrissey; to the point where it seems like either he has forced contractual bans on discussing it, or he has cast some kind of Jedi mind-trick on those he comes in contact with.

Alain seems the most likely to give an honest perspective. Morrissey even stated in his book that Alain's agent, or some other representative claimed Alain he would be writing a book about his time with Morrissey.

We can only hope. It seems long overdo.

No, he's not too sweet, and polite. He's just above it all.

Who said he was forced out?

Obsessing over the past? He seems to be moving forwards, and these are songs he co-wrote. Why should he ignore them, and stop discussing his work? Does Morrissey playing Smiths songs mean he hasn't let go of the past?

Their his songs too.

*they're

Yeah he's moving forward with an EP of reworked Morrissey demos.

Don't get me wrong: I like Alain. A lot. I think he's incredibly talented and arguably the best writing partner Morrissey ever had.

I just feel like there has to be some saltiness over how it ended and the fact that he's not showing it is commendable yet still an elephant in the room.

That's MY take. I could be way off.

I enjoyed the interview overall.

Morrissey wasn't blessed with talent. Listen to his voice in the very early Smiths stuff, the vocal melodies aren't great either. He didn't look like a pop star. But he worked at it. Everyday. To the detriment of everything else in his life. He studied song and melody and he worked on his voice. Tirelessly. Hard-work. Dedication. Thats what made him what he is. He never gave up. He got "rescued" because his hand was outstretched ready. Hes earned every penny the hard way

The thing about THIS is that you are wrong in your very first sentence. Morrissey has a totally natural ability when it comes to songwriting. He is very adept at crushing the planned chorus and turning it into the second verse, slowing it down and then singing behind the beat. That's natural talent. Plus, Morrissey had that natural ability when he was eating egg and chips in 1983.

Hazard
x

You folks do know that this is "GANGLORD" don't you ?????

Hazard
x

:rolleyes:

MAYBE!!???

YES YOU HEARD ME MAYBE, MAYBE I WILL IF I HAVE THE
TIME AND HAVE NOTHING IMPORTANT TO DO
LIKE PLAYING FREE SHOWS AT COVINA RECORDS
AND RELEASING EPS:lbf: WITH MOZ SONG ON THEM!!:swear:swear

I MAY GO TO PORTLAND AND PANHANDLE BAGS OF BURGER KING FROM G23!!!:swear
(IF HES NOT OUT PANDHANDLING HIMSELF lol)

WHAT A MAJOR TWAT, ALAIN TWAT:rock:

Damn you sound like an angry twat. You say I have voices in my head but obviously your the one with the voices, since you have to voice each one with different colors in your font, do us all a favor and just listen to that one voice that speaks to you and says to kill yourself, you f***ing twat. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you f***ing scumbag

Damn you sound like an angry twat. You say I have voices in my head but obviously your the one with the voices, since you have to voice each one with different colors in your font, do us all a favor and just listen to that one voice that speaks to you and says to kill yourself, you f***ing twat. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you f***ing scumbag

That’s the only response the moron has had to any of his posts for a long time, just ignore the site troll, everyone else does.

o_O

"ahaaaahaaa" WTF? this nut must be gay Dr Demento:crazy::crazy:
gay dreams and "ahhhhhhahhhhhhaaaa" NOT GOOD.

then "BOOM" the professional sock puppet (Surface) has to chime in.doh:
i think they may be compatible for a date night at the funny farm.:mask:

i like Alain and I am trying to enjoy this interview but jesus christ this steve jones guy is awful

Jonesy is an aquired taste.
For anyone who is considering reading his book: Lonely Boy - Tales From A Sex Pistol for any Morrissey mentions...
Well, there's only one and it just alludes to him being in the audience of the Free Trade Hall - nothing else.
It's not a bad read though nonetheless.
Interestingly, besides a brief forward by Chrissie Hynde, Johnny Marr is cited by the co-writer as providing some assistance (via the Acknowledgements:"... Chrissie Hynde for helpful conversations; Johnny Marr and most of all Nicola Barker for editorial rigour.").
Regards,
FWD.

Fek ye reckon you lots know the beat to Ganglord and The Experiment was taken from Uncle Steve's missus version of Hotel California from her classic album California Girl. Are you catching on now?....."California Son" "California Girl" get it...get it? I reckon the intro to Throwing My Arms Paris was taken from How Are Things in California. Reckon you loonies should listen to Uncle Steve's real influences like Aunt Nancy, Beach Boys, Chili Peppers, Tim Harden, Melanie and The Go Gos. Al is infatuated with Aunt Nancy and reckon he better not try anything or Uncle Steve's goons will be on him faster than a foreigner can eat a Big Mac mate inn n nnn n nn nn nn nnn n nnn n dint in n n n n n it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom