Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" teaser video & lineup/tour update (August 2, 2020)

20200803_002001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
🤒

peeps, the skinny beenie baby is telling Radish, who reads and responds to all my posts, that nobody reads or responds to my posts.:straightface:
makes acton look like Mr Peppermint:straightface:

hows that for being dumb? he could join the circus as a human knob,
just incredible how dumb these skinny autos are. Im sure
that brainiac :lbf:
butcher will soon turn up posting about fanny and judy.:blushing:

Alain on Boogaloo Radio on Sunday.

I like Alain.
I like Alain too. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm watching or listening to everything he does.
I did like the last bigger interview he did though.

🤒

WOOPEEDOO!
more important AlainT/Lawnmower late breaking news:blushing:
from that dumb pub internet station. :(

To get you 'in the mood' for the old daze, í came across a trove that Kevin Cummins has up at the Getty Images site.

Some pretty rare shots, including colour soundcheck shots from the Dublin debut (misidentified by Getty), plus soundchecks in Japan, some nice live shots from Dublin (including the presence of a cameraman stage left ~ which must have accounted for the video footage shown of the concert a month later on MuchMusic in Canada; they had 2 onstage cameras plus a couple at the back of the hall, shot the whole concert, and they only ever showed less than a minute!?)

Morrissey ~ Dublin 27th April 1991 (iv) Kevin Cummins.jpg

Morrissey ~ Japan September 5th 1991 (ii) Kevin Cummins.jpg

Morrissey ~ Dublin 27th April 1991 (iii) Kevin Cummins.jpg

Morrissey Koln 1st May 1991 Kevin Cummins.jpg

Morrissey Koln 1st May 1991(i)  Kevin Cummins.jpg

And finally, an image from the Dublin 1991 soundcheck that Getty mislabels as with The Smiths in 1987, "featuring guitarist Craig Gannon in the background"... even out of focus Boz looks nothing like CG? ~

Morrissey ~ Dublin 27th April 1991 (vii) Kevin Cummins.jpg

Anyway, loads more raro Kevin Cummins/Kill Uncle snaps here ~

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/morrissey-kevin-cummins?mediatype=photography&phrase=morrissey kevin cummins&sort=best

Last edited:
"Just a quick note, letting you all know that the lockdown video we've been working on is set to premiere Wed. (tomorrow... will it really come?) at noon here in Los Angeles (8pm in the UK). Really excited to finally be able to release the first of several songs we're working on remotely during the era of Coronavirus.

Hope you'll stop by to check it out and let us know what you think!

(the video and/or link will be available on the major social media platforms)"

FWD.

Well as a fan in the crowd who saw them without Gannon and with Gannon, the gig with Gannon was far better from a sound perspective in mine and many others opinion.

See, this is very strange to me, because as a Smiths fan, what I would want is to hear Johnny Marr's guitar parts extremely distinctly and just eat them up. Not have some other dude playing over him. It would be like if some random guy sang on top of Morrissey's voice the entire time and obscured it. I just don't get a Smiths fan wanting this sort of thing. Those Marr riffs and arpeggios and god-knows-what-he's-doing and Morrissey's voice is the Smiths to me, and that excites me more than any second guitar making a loud sound could do.

I do actually like AW & appreciate everything he has done with Morrissey, but I'm sorry, he just does not cut it as a front man. The vocals on this :handpointup: (& other stuff I've seen) are terrible. He needs to get back on the guitar & let someone who can sing get on that lead mic.
Harsh truth, but there it is: Life is never kind.
VIVA MORRISSEY HE IS THE BEST SINGER OF ALL
MOZ ES UNICO!!!!!

See, this is very strange to me, because as a Smiths fan, what I would want is to hear Johnny Marr's guitar parts extremely distinctly and just eat them up. Not have some other dude playing over him. It would be like if some random guy sang on top of Morrissey's voice the entire time and obscured it. I just don't get a Smiths fan wanting this sort of thing. Those Marr riffs and arpeggios and god-knows-what-he's-doing and Morrissey's voice is the Smiths to me, and that excites me more than any second guitar making a loud sound could do.

You could hear Johnny's intricate guitar parts very clearly very easily but live Johnny couldn't also play the layers that you hear on a record, so the songs sounded a bit weedy. Gannon basically played the parts that Johnny couldn't. Do you like Rank?

You could hear Johnny's intricate guitar parts very clearly very easily but live Johnny couldn't also play the layers that you hear on a record, so the songs sounded a bit weedy. Gannon basically played the parts that Johnny couldn't. Do you like Rank?

I like it OK, but what frustrates me about it is I don't know which guitar is Johnny's. I much prefer earlier bootlegs where I can marvel at what Marr is doing, not be playing a guessing game of is it him or not. I'm a Smiths fan because I love Morrissey's vocals and lyrics and I love Marr's guitar playing.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom