all that chat needs is

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
a 2 way ignore
where each user can have not only another chatter's posts ignored but
also deny them the opportunity to read ours
with this the trolls would die

That does sound good. I'm not as worried about them reading what I wrote though. I would be happy if the ignore button worked. It doesn't seem to work consistently for me. A little box next to each name that you could click to multiple-ignore would be cool, too.
One thing that does work is creating a new room, private-messaging the name of it to those you want to chat with and just getting out of the main room. The person spamming chat can't read it or post in it. It's more complicated than what you're talking about though and part of the fun is the random nature of who is visiting the room at any time.

I'd add that any sorts of measures to stop the people that spam chat probably make them feel like they are accomplishing their goal of causing distress (or whatever) in the people they harrass.

poprenaissance said:
...or a coupon for whiskey to deal with them. ;)
what kind of whiskey we talkin?
Loch_Dhu.jpg

f***in A man
i should stay in OT
where i belong
;)

poprenaissance said:
good lord - someone on a whiskey forum is selling a bottle for 120 pounds. :eek: it apparently is some very rare stuff.
yes, and i luved it so
but alas, they make it no more
aww, you could drink it straight and cold
& suddenly hear the pipes playin and you were floatin back hAme!

Oh my god said:
yes, and i luved it so
but alas, they make it no more
aww, you could drink it straight and cold
& suddenly hear the pipes playin and you were floatin back hAme!

QUITE jealous. i love, Love, LOVE scotch. the more research i do on this stuff, the more i realise i'll prolly never taste it. :mad:

i need to find a scotch bar. that would be a wonderful thing.

Back
Top Bottom