"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the disappointment of last weekend it’s nice to have something to celebrate. And number 2 behind Yellow Submarine, where did I find my copy in HMV ?, hiding behind Yellow Submarine in the vinyl rack !
Some info from Musicweek:
‘Meanwhile, a picture disc of The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine also fails to generate enough overall consumption to make the Top 75 but tops the 7-inch singles chart on sales of 2,788 copies.’

So the limited edition of 2,000 could be true.

What is the meaning of dystopian?
:lbf::laughing::rofl::bow:

HAHAH MOZ GOOD ONE!

We shouldnt even be here according to the Drama J nonsense LOL. Drama J and his William Burroughs book were going to have a COMET:drama: FLY FULL FORCE INTO US and BLOW US UP>:ha-no:

Of course, nothing happened, just Drama J nonsense.:laughing:

Some info from Musicweek:
‘Meanwhile, a picture disc of The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine also fails to generate enough overall consumption to make the Top 75 but tops the 7-inch singles chart on sales of 2,788 copies.’

So the limited edition of 2,000 could be true.

My Love...7" was meant to be 2000 copies.
It was released in early March and is somehow still selling copies 4 months later and appears in the chart in the OP.
It peaked at number one and remained in the chart moving up and down for 16 weeks - not sure how it can keep selling for months after being number 1 with a limited supply?? Anyone?
This was the same for Jacky's (which has been in and out of the chart for 23 weeks on 2k copies - no way!).
Last week 2 Morrissey 7"s were higher than Yellow Submarine, so that means they sold more.
Previous week's chart (6th - 12th):

20180714_001057.jpg

The figures are off somewhere - the maths doesn't add up. There physically has to be more than 2000 for any of the singles to behave the way they have in the chart over their time periods.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
And on the top 100? Nowhere to be seen? And this single is something he’s proud of? Even an old New Order song charted.

See you Morrissey. I reckon we will never see you in the singles chart again. Racist fool.

Meanwhile in tha actual Top 100, it did not chart, neither did the album lol

Just back from watching The Killers at the Macron with my youngest. Crikey they know how to put a show on, they even threw in Blue Monday by New Order.
2 hours, proper value for money, highly recommend next time they're in town.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The figures are off somewhere - the maths doesn't add up. There physically has to be more than 2000 for any of the singles to behave the way they have in the chart over their time periods.
Maybe. Or it could be that the premise that vinyl singles can typically sell thousands of copies a week is obviously wrong.

Last edited:
not sure how it can keep selling for months after being number 1 with a limited supply?? Anyone?

I think you only have to sell about 50 copies to get to #16 on the UK vinyl charts, so the later weeks aren't adding a huge amount of volume.

I reckon now me know why Hope Sandoval and Uncle Steve were laughing hilariously while hiking Tuna Canyon this morning. Both in the top 10 in the UK and Steve just canceled his UK and Nazi country tour. It's so easy!!! Uncle Steve and TMMG, ltd-Beverly Hills........you rock!

Congratulations on topping Ryan Adams! All you have to do now is overtake the front runner. ...a 50 year old tune by a long defunct four-piece with 2 dead members.

Oooooooh. The British vinyl singles charts are tough competition.

WOA!:thumb:

NO 2 WITH A BULLET AND MOZ HAS NO 11 STILL
AFTER MANY WEEKS!! HIP HIPHOORAY!:rock:

What the F? "Substantial gruel", what is this the 15 century FFS:crazy:

' WOA!:thumb:

NO 2 WITH A BULLET AND MOZ HAS NO 11 STILL
AFTER MANY WEEKS!! HIP HIPHOORAY!:rock: '

:thumb:

AND ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL TOUR COMING UP !

THE MAN IS ......

UNSTOPPABLE ! :thumb::guitar::rock:

That’s all very nice, but why is there a shortened version of Ouija Board on “This Is Morrissey”? What’s up with that?

It ruins the song.

That’s all very nice, but why is there a shortened version of Ouija Board on “This Is Morrissey”? What’s up with that?

It ruins the song.
It's the version that originally appeared in the Bona Drag remaster. A few people on this forum at the time assumed he may have shortened it because he wasn't happy with the name Steven being included. But I completely agree with you. Without that line, there is no pay off. It's now just a song about a guy using a Ouija board to talk to a dead friend.

It's the version that originally appeared in the Bona Drag remaster. A few people on this forum at the time assumed he may have shortened it because he wasn't happy with the name Steven being included. But I completely agree with you. Without that line, there is no pay off. It's now just a song about a guy using a Ouija board to talk to a dead friend.

I’m not a fan of Morrissey’s revisionism. I didn’t buy the Viva Hate remastered album because he left out Ordinary Boys and mutilated Maudlin Street.

Maybe he can add some new lines to Ouija Board, where he uses it to talk to his dead carreer?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom