"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Uk tour cancelled with not a single date sold out, This is Morrissey didn’t even make the top 100, All the young people didn’t even make the top 100?

Think it’s a return to the wilderness years in the UK I’m afaraid, all brought on by being completely out of touch with reality and shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main.

Last edited:
Just back from watching The Killers at the Macron with my youngest. Crikey they know how to put a show on, they even threw in Blue Monday by New Order.
2 hours, proper value for money, highly recommend next time they're in town.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

*Sorry it was Faith (late night)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Really? Uk tour cancelled with not a single date sold out, This is Morrissey didn’t even make the top 100, All the young people didn’t even male the top 100?

Think it’s a return to the wilderness years in the UK I’m afaraid, all brought on by being completely out of touch with reality and shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main.
You are really looking through media biased tainted glasses. Big sell-out UK Tour, big selling last album, his biggest hit in 13 years and under contract at one of the big record companies.
Future’s looking bright.
And he’s been ‘shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main’ for years, or even decades, now. That has to do absolutely nothing with anything as has been proven time and time again.

You are really looking through media biased tainted glasses. Big sell-out UK Tour, big selling last album, his biggest hit in 13 years and under contract at one of the big record companies.
Future’s looking bright.
And he’s been ‘shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main’ for years, or even decades, now. That has to do absolutely nothing with anything as has been proven time and time again.

No am looking at him through my own eyes thanks. If you go back in my posting history, you will see that I was always a supporter and often mentioned that I could separate his views from the music but that was because at that time he tended to rant on about stuff that I knew was close to his heart ie animal welfare and could accept that.

What he rants on about now, I cannot accept as it challenges my moral compass and therefore I cannot disconnect the music and his views anymore.

So shove be your troll responses up your arsehole and come back here crowing about how wonderful he is, next time he has a UK sell out tour and a number 1 album.

And while I’m at it you really don’t know what you are going on about, the last album didn’t even get 60k sales and what on earth is the biggest hit in 13 years??

Last edited:
Really? Uk tour cancelled with not a single date sold out, This is Morrissey didn’t even make the top 100, All the young people didn’t even make the top 100?

Reschedule. Reschedule. Reschedule. FollowingTheMozziah.blogspot.com - you'd better believe it, baby.

The Rat

Future’s looking bright.
L9S1RLN.jpg

No am looking at him through my own eyes thanks. If you go back in my posting history, you will see that I was always a supporter and often mentioned that I could separate his views from the music but that was because at that time he tended to rant on about stuff that I knew was close to his heart ie animal welfare and could accept that.

What he rants on about now, I cannot accept as it challenges my moral compass and therefore I cannot disconnect the music and his views anymore.

So shove be your troll responses up your arsehole and come back here crowing about how wonderful he is, next time he has a UK sell out tour and a number 1 album.

And while I’m at you really don’t know what you are going on about, the last album didn’t even get 60k sales and what on earth is the biggest hit in 13 years??
No need to get all UncleP-nasty on me there. We can do without all the insulting and calling names, thank you very much.
You are of course free to feel as you want about Morrissey or his music, but no need to tell untruths and present them as truth.
The last album sold better than the previous one and charted higher than some of his 90s albums. If it wasn't a nr 1 album it's because he rarely has had one and neither do any of his contemporaries who are still going. Nothing to do with his 'views' as you seem to think.
Spent the Day in Bed was a huge radio hit not only in the UK, but elsewhere as well, also his biggest streaming hit, far surpassing any of his previous albums' singles.
And at 7 million plays at spotify his biggest hit in that sense since First of the Gang to Die.
So I think he is doing quite well, and the future is looking bright for him. He is not at war with his record company, thank god, and they seem quite content with him, and he has no doubt another very succesful world tour in front of him the next 12 months.
Also it seems strange to me why you would think that the stuff he rants on about now is not 'close to his heart'. I think it still is, which is why he keeps repeating it.
Of course you are free to disagree, which I do too, just as I was never fond of his animal welfare-extremism. I think the stuff he 'rants' on about now is a lot more harmless to be honest. But each to his own.

Could well be Moz refers to a recent comment made by Johnny Marr in a Dutch newspaper: "I loved dystopian literature. Morrissey was actually more romantic."
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/johnny-marr-interview-in-dutch-newspaper-de-volkskrant-mentions-smiths-split.142599/
I was thinking the exact same thing! Two instances of the use of the word dystopian that are very hard to seperate.
And it's not like any of them uses this word in interviews much.

No need to get all UncleP-nasty on me there. We can do without all the insulting and calling names, thank you very much.
You are of course free to feel as you want about Morrissey or his music, but no need to tell untruths and present them as truth.
The last album sold better than the previous one and charted higher than some of his 90s albums. If it wasn't a nr 1 album it's because he rarely has had one and neither do any of his contemporaries who are still going. Nothing to do with his 'views' as you seem to think.
Spent the Day in Bed was a huge radio hit not only in the UK, but elsewhere as well, also his biggest streaming hit, far surpassing any of his previous albums' singles.
And at 7 million plays at spotify his biggest hit in that sense since First of the Gang to Die.
So I think he is doing quite well, and the future is looking bright for him. He is not at war with his record company, thank god, and they seem quite content with him, and he has no doubt another very succesful world tour in front of him the next 12 months.
Also it seems strange to me why you would think that the stuff he rants on about now is not 'close to his heart'. I think it still is, which is why he keeps repeating it.
Of course you are free to disagree, which I do too, just as I was never fond of his animal welfare-extremism. I think the stuff he 'rants' on about now is a lot more harmless to be honest. But each to his own.

What and earth are you talking about, the last album charted at number 5, the previous one was number 2 and the massive Radio/Spotify hit Spent the day in bed charted at the giddy heights of number 69. Keep kidding yourself by all means but you seem to be seeing things that no one else does.

This weeks album and single have not even made the top 100, how do you spin that into a positive?

What and earth are you talking about, the last album charted at number 5, the previous one was number 2 and the massive Radio/Spotify hit Spent the day in bed charted at the giddy heights of number 69. Keep kidding yourself by all means but you seem to be seeing things that no one else does.

This weeks album and single have not even made the top 100, how do you spin that into a positive?

Maybe he/she is a Scientologist. Lol.

Please read, it sold more is what I said, which it did.
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...t-week-sales-for-‘low-in-high-school’.141239/
And look at the numbers and you will also find that Spent the Day in Bed did chart higher and that any of the WP-singles and is his biggest hit on spotify since First of the Gang to Die.
But you're free to ignore facts and post on your own gut feelings of course.

That’s fine, if you want to get yourself all giddy about a chart position of 5 and 69 happy days.

Personally I think he’s finished in th UK, as I said neither of last weeks offerings touched the top 100. If he does sell out in the UK again I suspect it will be theatres again in places like Luton.

Ignoring facts is all of your business, fine then.
Personally I think you will be on this site complaining about his ‘lack of success’ for the next 10 years :lbf:

I am on mushrooms so lets be frank. Every album he has made since err, Vauxhall? Has been quite shitty.

I like some tunes on Maladjusted, but after? Ewww.

So why do come here?! Maladjusted ist 21(!) years old. And if you don‘t find a good tune on Quarry, Ringleader, Refusual, Worldpeace or LIHS, than you must be either deaf or havn‘t heard them, just as easy it is with your troll post!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom